Post #194121 Fri Oct 31 2008 9:15pm
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

Shocked Maybe not Laughing Thumbs Up

Post #194123 Fri Oct 31 2008 9:28pm
Jonny Fresh

England 

I personally think its a credit to dealers like CHPR and more recently Perry's that they bother to join a forum like this....yes they might get a sale out of it but its nice to know there are a FEW dealers out there who are bothered what customers think.

Personally, every car ive ever bought the dealer has not been interested at all once they have youre money!

BMW were the worst for me and I have been in dealerships before and been treated so badly that Id walk out when I actually wanted the car.....working on commission you'd think they'd try a bit harder!

LR dealer was OK when I bought RRS but only ok....still had some of the same issues I always have buying a car Rolling Eyes

Post #194126 Fri Oct 31 2008 10:24pm
Kaine

United Kingdom 

Jonny - I concur with your comments Thumbs Up

Post #194130 Fri Oct 31 2008 10:33pm
Perrys

United Kingdom 

Jonny Fresh wrote:

BMW were the worst for me and I have been in dealerships before and been treated so badly that Id walk out when I actually wanted the car.....working on commission you'd think they'd try a bit harder!

I have a weakness for cars and often buy cars from other dealers so I know what it's like being a customer.

A couple of years ago I had an appointment with a salesman to discuss the specification on a new car, when I arrived all the salesmen were in a sales meeting and I was asked to wait, I pointed out I had an appointment and I did not want to wait but it was clear that their meeting was more important so I walked out. I sent a text to the General Manager explaining what happened and I suspect words where had which now means I get their undivided attention whenever I go in.

The moral of the story is that if you feel that your not getting service from your dealer, speak to the General Manager because they are usually sensible people who understand how things should be done, sales staff or service receptionist can lose the plot because they spread themselves so thin. The thing I would advise is that if your planning to visit a dealership to discuss the purchase of a car, ring ahead and tell them your coming, that way the sales staff will make themselves available and treat you as a serious prospect. Perrys For New & Used Range Rover Sports

We also sell Full Fat Range Rovers

Post #194133 Sat Nov 01 2008 12:10am
leedsunited

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

If you want to be treated like a real customer buy a Lexus, i have had 4 and i can assure you it is the best experience i have ever had when it comes to buying and running any car, but I suppose JD Powers for customer service and reliability 6 years running does back it up, sorry guy's but Land Rover are not in the same universe.

Post #194160 Sat Nov 01 2008 10:35am
COMMANDO

I went to a well known northern dealership and saw that advertised for sale a car that was identical to mine except that it had done a thousand more miles.So I thought that they would offer me a reasonable price for mine (Disco 3 )-how wrong could I be.They offered me £8000 less than the advertised car (Disco 3 2007) in part exchange for a new RRS at £39000.I reckon the profit would have been at least £11000 on the deal.I think that Land Rover UK will be no more as car tax,diesel prices and the tide of criticism forces people to buy non four wheel drives.Tata will pull out of the UK and build cars abroad.All the other manufacturers make other than 4X4's so they will survive.With this in mind you would think the dealers would be offering fair deals to get our business.

Post #194369 Mon Nov 03 2008 11:01am
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

leedsunited wrote:
If you want to be treated like a real customer buy a Lexus, i have had 4 and i can assure you it is the best experience i have ever had when it comes to buying and running any car, but I suppose JD Powers for customer service and reliability 6 years running does back it up, sorry guy's but Land Rover are not in the same universe.

Lexus customer service is known for being amongst the best around - shame you have to own a Lexus to enjoy it Wink 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #194373 Mon Nov 03 2008 11:23am
Perrys

United Kingdom 

COMMANDO wrote:
I went to a well known northern dealership and saw that advertised for sale a car that was identical to mine except that it had done a thousand more miles.So I thought that they would offer me a reasonable price for mine (Disco 3 )-how wrong could I be.They offered me £8000 less than the advertised car (Disco 3 2007) in part exchange for a new RRS at £39000.I reckon the profit would have been at least £11000 on the deal.I think that Land Rover UK will be no more as car tax,diesel prices and the tide of criticism forces people to buy non four wheel drives.Tata will pull out of the UK and build cars abroad.All the other manufacturers make other than 4X4's so they will survive..

Profits of £11k+ just don't happen at LR dealerships I wish they did Smile

COMMANDO wrote:
With this in mind you would think the dealers would be offering fair deals to get our business.

I think you will find that most LR dealers are turning metal for low margins and there is a caution about the values of cars coming into stock as we are seeing huge falls in the book every month, it may be that the dealers existing stock is over valued and he is working hard to get out of that, the last thing he wants is another over valued car. Perrys For New & Used Range Rover Sports

We also sell Full Fat Range Rovers

Post #194403 Mon Nov 03 2008 12:17pm
COMMANDO

It was over a year ago when the trade-in price was offered.

Post #194428 Mon Nov 03 2008 1:12pm
leedsunited

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

shmoogle wrote:
leedsunited wrote:

Lexus customer service is known for being amongst the best around - shame you have to own a Lexus to enjoy it Wink

Even more of a shame that you have to move to something else to appreciate what it was that you had Wink

Post #194441 Mon Nov 03 2008 2:00pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12