RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > problem with my RR sport , yet again , same problem
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

rbr

2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red
problem with my RR sport , yet again , same problem

Those who read my post about the accelerator module on my RR will be no doubt interested to know that after ! week in the garage , they have yet been able to find or even sort the problem , after changing the module the head engineer was going to take it for a test drive only problem being that he never even made it out the yard .

At this point I must admit to going mental , it wasn't just that after all the time they have had this they cannot fix it , it is the " well we will, look at it tomorrow and hopefully find out the problem but you just dont know with these things " , to Land Rover Customer care Dept who really dont give a toss , even after nearly getting my family wiped out on the motorwy , they are quite happy for the Garage to give me back a vehicle that they know is faulty and quite simply dangerous .

As to extending the warranty or even changing the vehicle for a simmilar model if as I have been told they cannot fix the problem ( sorry , probably cannot fix it )then they are going to keep me in a hire car till they find a solution , every day my trust and faith in Landrover diminishes , I thought these were quality , I feel like I bought the world's most expensive Lada , but maybe that's being a bit sore on Lada rbr

Post #193650 Wed Oct 29 2008 6:19pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

rbr - sorry to hear this. I always find speaking directly to LR Customer care about matters like this usually gets things working in your favour, the very least you should be getting is a RRS to drive around in whilst they sort yours out. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #193652 Wed Oct 29 2008 6:22pm
Leo

Kenya 

Try another dealer.

Saying that, throttle modules and throttle position sensors can be a pain to diagnose correctly. I once had a supposedly bulletproof 100-series Toyota Landcruiser that developed a problem with the throttle position sensor. I couldn't exceed 40mph (the 'safe-mode') and they never did fix it. Traded it in at another dealership. Parts and labour were more expensive than LR as well.

Was your RRS new or used?

Post #193670 Wed Oct 29 2008 7:02pm
SteveWilliams

Wales 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

rbr

My old boss had a long standing problem with the main engine management module on his Volvo. He had a loan car for at least 3 months whilst they tried to resolve the problem.

Within a few weeks of getting it back the throttle stuck full open and he narrowly avoided crashing. He went back to his dealer who had jokingly called his car Damien as it had been in the garage so often and told them he was not accepting the car as it was dangerous.

Thankfully the dealer and Volvo UK were very good and he got a newer model slightly higher spec for minimal extra cost.

I guess what i'm saying is stick to your guns, change dealer if you are not happy with the one you are using currently. Then if they still can't fix it refuse to accept the car back as it is dangerous. I think that legally you will be standing on one if not two very good legs to get a replacement vehicle of at least equal value and spec or even money back. But I am no expert on these matters.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Post #193701 Wed Oct 29 2008 9:12pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Some of us have been in and out of dealer service depts like nobody's business... I don't mean to belittle the issue you're having, and I can appreciate how frustrating it is, but a week of the dealer trying to fix an issue isn't much compared to some folks. As Leo said, some issues are notorious for not being able to troubleshoot and resolve quickly.

You have to take the sensible approach of escalating the issue through the service manager, dealer principal, LRCS and after everyone has been given a chance to resolve the issue then you can fire on the big guns. Certain folks on this forum can help you with names and contact details of people senior enough to make a difference.... but it helps nobody if you go straight to the top Very Happy 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #193767 Thu Oct 30 2008 1:08pm
MAW

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

What have they given you to drive around in?

Post #193909 Fri Oct 31 2008 9:24am
rbr

I have had various cars , from top of the range vogue's to a jaguar xtype , however the annoying thing is not the car's you get as a replacement but the inability to understand and appreciate how serious this problem is , I for one would not expect or accept anyone driving their family around in a vehicle that may lose power at any point , especially in a vehicle that has been in over 7 times under warranty for the same problem ( I managed to get the engineer from the garage where the vehicle was bought from to give me the warranty reports on it).

Also I find it incredible that LandRover's customer care dept are excellent at giving advice on how I claim under the sale of goods act 1979 as ammended , against the dealer whom I bought it from . but are unwilling to exchange the vehicle that their own technicians are openly admitting to probably never fixing.

My whole experience has left a really bad taste from what I expected though I accept that this must be a Rogue vehicle as the other option doesn't even bear thinking about, will keep you all posted rbr

Post #194047 Fri Oct 31 2008 1:35pm
XXXAngelXXX

Germany 

well was the car brand new ? Neutral 
L 405 2013 FFRR 5.0 SC
--------------------------------------------------------------
WINNER - 2009 �Best Avatar� Award
WINNER - 2009 Comedian Of The Year Award

Post #194051 Fri Oct 31 2008 1:42pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
rbr

No angel it wasn't , just over 2 years old with 14000 miles on the clock and in the 92 days I have owned it , it's been in the garage for 26 rbr

Post #194062 Fri Oct 31 2008 2:04pm
XXXAngelXXX

Germany 

lemon.... Rolling Eyes Crying or Very sad 
L 405 2013 FFRR 5.0 SC
--------------------------------------------------------------
WINNER - 2009 �Best Avatar� Award
WINNER - 2009 Comedian Of The Year Award

Post #194067 Fri Oct 31 2008 2:28pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
rbr

XXXAngelXXX wrote:
lemon.... Rolling Eyes Crying or Very sad
, yes that's the way it's looking , a real pity as it was a stunning looking car and when it did run it drove like a dream rbr

Post #194103 Fri Oct 31 2008 6:14pm
rbr

just a wee update , after two weeks , technical have decided that the problem is due to the fact that the connections of all the main electrical components when conected are sealed with sylicone and what they believe is that some of the sealant must have ingressed into the connections and this is what has caused my loss of power rbr

Post #194765 Tue Nov 04 2008 8:27pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1