RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > engine management system , limp mode
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

rbr

2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red
engine management system , limp mode

I have only had my sport for 11 weeks yet already it has failed on me twice , once around town the other almost fatally at 75 on the motorway whilst sitting in the central lane overtaking.

The engine management fault comes on the dash and the speed reduces to 10 miles per hour within 150 yards , has anyone else had this problem as it has only done 17 000 and only two years and a bit old , it's the 2.7 hse , cheers

ps first time the dealership told me they could,t find a fault but they had flashed the drive rbr

Post #191427 Thu Oct 09 2008 12:28pm
rbr

Well thats nearly a week and still in at shields , numerous e-mails to landrover technical dept and still no further forward , 92 of you have viewed yet I have no replies which means I dont feel exactly confident that there will be a good outcome to this , only 7 months left on the warranty , looks like the stories about RR sport,s reliability problems are true rbr

Post #191976 Tue Oct 14 2008 10:07pm
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

rbr wrote:
Well thats nearly a week and still in at shields , numerous e-mails to landrover technical dept and still no further forward , 92 of you have viewed yet I have no replies which means I dont feel exactly confident that there will be a good outcome to this , only 7 months left on the warranty , looks like the stories about RR sport,s reliability problems are true

RBR - sorry to hear the news. I'm sure the dealer is doing all they can for you, but TBH, some issues do take some time to nail down. I have not personally heard of the issue and TBH it could be a whole host of potentials, the good news is, it is in the right place, albeit inconvenient.

If you are not happy with the service apply pressure with LR customer satisfaction who in turn will apply pressure to your dealer. Take names and direct telephone numbers for reference.

If the worse comes to the worse, fax a complaint to LR direct if all fails, but only use this option if ALL fails. WRT the "RRS stories", bear in mind that they are just that. Some people blow little issues completely out of the water and make them mountain issues. I for one have fallen into that trap once or twice, but overall I have never been better looked after by a manufacturer or dealer network. Thumbs Up

FYI - I do have reason to complain, check the suspension knocking section!! At the end of the day, these things are very inconvenient and sometimes dangerous, either way I know by hook or by crook and legally, it will get resolved in my favour. Thumbs Up

Good luck. L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

5 series for the miles Smile

RRS S/C factory built HST - Gone

45 others have been and gone!

Post #191979 Tue Oct 14 2008 10:36pm
bluebarchetta

United Kingdom 

Have a look on the D3 site - there are a few posts: -

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic25665.html?highlight=limp

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic23480.html?highlight=limp

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic18888.html?highlight=limp

There are quite a few more to look through Wink

Post #191980 Tue Oct 14 2008 10:38pm
rbr

cheers guys , to be honest the customer service side has been absolutely fantastic and I have absolutely no complaints , just a little frustrated on the repair side , however as williwonks said it is defintetly in the best place and though it's taking a bit of time they do appear to be trying to get to the root of the problem and not simply ship me out the door , with a faulty vehicle , will keep you all posted ,

bluebarchetta , the dealer / service guy did mention the filter but said it only really applied to the v8 model on another landrover , they think it most probably is a bad wiring connection somewhere rbr

Post #192002 Wed Oct 15 2008 8:59am
neild.rae

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

I had a similar problem with a 57/TDV8 recently (11000 miles) - initially when towing a trailer (couldn't think what the connection could be) then it happened without the trailer. Each time it was resolved by stopping, switching off, locking, unlocking then starting up again. The common issue seemed to be hard load/acceleration and the problem, as reported by the dealer, was the fuel filter. Apparently the electronics can sense a fuel flow restriction and put the car into 'safety mode'. Filter was replaced (about a month ago) and the problem has not recurred. Yet! Neil

Post #192123 Thu Oct 16 2008 11:16am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1