RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Ipod Audio Connectivity Module
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Bodster2

Portugal 2008 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Lucerne Green
Ipod Audio Connectivity Module

I bought an Ipod Audio Connectivity Module from Ebay a few weeks ago under the impression it would fit my Range Rover Sport, however, since receiving it, I've noticed other units being sold on Ebay with a totally different part number (LR004805). The part number for the unit I have is LR002787 and in the manual it does say it fits a Range Rover Sport.
I've had conflicting stories. When I called my local Land Rover Garage they said the unit I have is for the new Freelander, however, another Land Rover garage I spoke to said I have the earlier version of the unit and that it will fit the Range Rover Sport.
Can anyone shed any light on what it is I actually have. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thumbs Up

Post #189854 Sun Sep 28 2008 1:01am
umbertob

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Chawton White

My understanding is that there are two versions of ACM out there, "last year"'s model with iPod docking cradle - Kit part # LR004805 - and this year's kit which is virtually identical in functionality but instead of a docking cradle only includes a connector for iPod/iPhone (that s/b fitted in the upper glovebox according to the fitting instructions.) The part # listed for the new kit is VPLAE001 on the Owner Info web site. Not sure what part # LR002787 is, if you got that number off the sticker on the main module of the kit you received it may just be the part # identifying that module, not the entire kit. But AFAIK either kits are compatible with both RRS/Disco/LR3 and FL/LR2, so as long as you got the whole kit, inclusive of all wiring, you should be OK either way. 

Post #189915 Sun Sep 28 2008 7:28pm
shimmy

England 

reason for change is that new 3G iphone doesnot work on a/m cradles as the firewire connector is disabled. Therefore most are now not fitting cradles as it gets misleading

i had my cradle fitted two weeks ago coz iu still use 1st Gen iphone

i guess with new one you have to use USB and put iphone in glove box M3 CSL Silver Grey
RRS TDV8 HSE SG/IV

Post #189926 Sun Sep 28 2008 9:06pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1