Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Privacy glass / tints
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

MAW

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

npinks wrote:
on black i would light smoke fronts and midnight the rears

but might look a little 50 Cent if you went darker

Agree and that is what I want to avoid - thinking even midnight could be too 50 cent Question

Thinking Smoke at the mo with clear fronts (cannot get fronts tinted with anything at supply) then have light smoke (legal) after at some point - resulting in light smoke to smoke

Post #188513 Wed Sep 17 2008 9:45am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I thought that putting privacy glass on had become very "last year" as they say............................... but then if I wanted to hide in my RRS (I'm not ashamed to be seen in a Stornaway grey car but maybe the owners of black ones don't want to be seen Rolling with laughter ) then I would have smoked on the fronts and midnight on the rear windows too - I especially like the way that very dark tinting on the rear hatch makes it look an unframed sheet of glass. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #188518 Wed Sep 17 2008 9:53am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
MAW

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

I don't see many RRS of any colour that haven't got some tinting - see very few clear cars - I am not keen on full privacy but think the right tint can enhance the floating roof and overall appearance...

Post #188522 Wed Sep 17 2008 9:57am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Well they all leave the factory with slightly tinted glass anyway! But I agree, I think White and Stornoway look particularly good with heavy tints from the B post back. I was considering putting the Supaglass into the rear windows of my 90 so nobody could see what is in there (not much!) but then it was pointed out that the locks on older Land Rovers are pathetic and easliy broken so what was the point of antivandal glass if they just have to bump the locks hard! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #188526 Wed Sep 17 2008 10:01am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12