RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > LED Bulbs in the headlights - I got them!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

FAT_RRS

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Java Black
LED Bulbs in the headlights - I got them!

Here they are. I had to order them from Japan. They cost $100.00 USD and are super duper bright at night. Worth every penny. PIAA Tera 6500K Super Bright LED
(look close and you can see my reflection taking the pic with my 3g....lol)

Click image to enlarge

ORIGINAL POST: We all know that we have a 194 - type wedge bulb in the headlights which for some of us/you (IN THE UK?) operate as DRL's... My question is this: how many people here have replaced that bulb? Anyone (besides murdered out) go with the PIAA TERA 194 LED Super blah blah blah bulbs? The very expensive bulbs that come from Japan? Anyone else use cheaper LED's in their headlights?

I am going to pull out the headlights today and try 3 different LED's I purchased, I keep watching those more expensive bulbs and drooling...
I just don't know if its worth it or not (the fight with my wife I mean...)
Thanks!

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green

Last edited by FAT_RRS on Fri Sep 05 2008 4:49pm. Edited 2 times in total

Post #183685 Sun Aug 17 2008 6:57pm
FAT_RRS

ok,
I ordered them. I will post back.

Post #184214 Tue Aug 19 2008 9:18pm
Trev

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

I got them also £75, waiting on delivery, but it says they are for sidelights, can they also be put into the main headlight frame, do they slot in easily? Supercharged 2006 gone
Supercharged Overfinch 2010 on the drive:)

Post #188071 Sat Sep 13 2008 8:43am
DMike

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey

£75 for a pair of sidelight bulbs? Shocked

More money than sense springs to mind...

Post #188134 Sat Sep 13 2008 10:27pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
FAT_RRS

They should fit fine, anywhere where a 194 bulb would fit , these will fit as well. They also allow you to run your parking lights at night. Way brighter!

Post #188136 Sat Sep 13 2008 10:34pm
Kaine

United Kingdom 

DMike wrote:

says the man selling some Kahn gear Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Post #188142 Sat Sep 13 2008 11:35pm
DMike

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey

Kaine wrote:
DMike wrote:

says the man selling some Kahn gear Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Selling, not buying Thumbs Up

Post #188147 Sun Sep 14 2008 7:01am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Trev

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

Must have bought it to sell it.. Supercharged 2006 gone
Supercharged Overfinch 2010 on the drive:)

Post #188149 Sun Sep 14 2008 7:54am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I have LED side lights, indicator lamps and brake/rear lights on my Defender..............................

Apart from the rear lights being considerably brighter than the LR standard issue, I haven't blow a lamp since I fitted them - whereas with the old style lamps I had to replace the brakelights frequently, which at £11 a time for a non-reusable sealed mushroom unit was getting expensive. Mine are complete sealed units 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #188155 Sun Sep 14 2008 9:06am
Steve in germany

Germany 

Thats a nice Defender Tim, just what I'm looking for, it's a bit of a mine field trying to find a good un Sad Speed Limits! not where I live!

Back in a D3

Did have: RRS TDV8 2008.5MY
Did have: Q7 3.0TDi S-Line/Tech/Comms pack
Did Have: Disco3 HSE

Post #188161 Sun Sep 14 2008 11:08am
Tim in Scotland

I've owned her for 7 years Steve, bought her originally as an expensive sumpguard for my Freelander that I was starting to take to places that LR never intended it to go! In the last 18 months it has had a new galvanised chassis, the whole brake system replaced and all new suspension components (they were all done at the same time as the rechassis as it made sense to do them when the body was off the car). The winch was fitted in July this year and is a milemarker hydraulic winch rather than the more common Warn or Superwinch electric versions.
I originally bought her from the local LR dealer as she came with 12 months warranty and full sevice history. Lots of people have been surprised that I needed to replace the original chassis after only 12 years but the first owner kept the car on the coast so the salty air speeded up the corrosion and then me sinking her in peaty bog water speeded it up even more! I spent ages looking for a decent one but a) people wanted crazy prices for very tatty cars b)I don't have the capablity to do mechanical repairs myself so it HAD to be reliable and c) I didn't want something that somebody else had already started to wreck.
She now has a few battle scars on the bodywork but I got a lot of pleasure acquiring them and that's what I bought the car for afterall. Best £10k toy I ever bought, even though I've spent another £5k doing vaious work to her. She left the factory as a County Hard Top and now has rear windows and 2 bench seats in the back so is a County Station Wagon-a-like.
Have just come home from a great afternoon with the Scottish Land Rover Owners Club offroading on the hills of central Scotland.
Other mods are - Sumo steering bars (lifetime guarantee that you won't be able to bend them!)
LED lights, BFG MTR tyres replaced the BFG AT's that she came with and I have also put new deepdish alloys on her. I had the Exhaust gas Recirc and Lamba probe taken off (she had the optional cat when I bought her so doesn't need to have it now for MOT purposes). Next thing is to fit the Parrot radio and B/T and a CB radio

At the moment I have my eye on a rather nice Def90 TD5 Stationwagon XS AUTO.................... The factory got Ashcroft to engineer about 15 cars as a feasability thing and they sold the lot but not enough to justify production. The one I'm interested in is a Silver Xs TD5 Auto with huge JJ Fearn Intercooler and a chip to bring the power up to 190bhp - it's a bit of a monster for offroading but it's a STEALTH car on the motorway as it can out accelerate an RRS TDv6 and runs out of puff at well above the legal limit. I suspect though that it is also a guzzler of the black stuff which is why the owner wants to sell an 04 plate 90 with 20k miles and all the toys for £15k! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #188176 Sun Sep 14 2008 4:08pm
Steve in germany

Germany 

It amazes me what some people value their Defenders at. I'm back in UK for a couple of weeks in November, hopefully I will buy on then, got a feeling i will drive a lot of miles tracking down the right one. Speed Limits! not where I live!

Back in a D3

Post #188179 Sun Sep 14 2008 4:50pm
Tim in Scotland

I was offered £10k for mine last year, before I had had the chassis done, when Ford stopped LR from launching the Puma. I reckon now it would get £6000 tops - 71000 miles 1996 Tdi300 full service history and added battle scars, converted to CSW from HT using genuine LR parts and OEM seats. I've seen similar 90's with way more miles and no new chassis being advertised for £10k and more. These folks live in cloud cuckoo land. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #188183 Sun Sep 14 2008 5:49pm
Steve in germany

Germany 

Yep, I have only seen two that I would give serious cosideration, both P reg with all documentation and FSH, and by Defender standards, have had very easy lives. One has 75k in Epsom(£7,500) on the clock the other 122K in Rioja(£6,500). Both are CSW in excellent condition with tow bar, front A frame with spots, Alloys with MTR's and a few other bits and bobs, in our current financial climate, i believe even these are over priced. Speed Limits! not where I live!

Back in a D3

Post #188289 Mon Sep 15 2008 1:52pm
Tim in Scotland

Mine is a genuine P plate too - if you are going to look, spend as long a time as possible underneath them checking the chassis............................ 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #188343 Mon Sep 15 2008 7:04pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>