RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Good Deal?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 5 <12345>

NickM

United Kingdom 

Yeah a lot of people rave about 575's - all good I hear, but also want to be with a car that is still a current model. I was even thinking about going to an SL 55, as I know they are good cars and second hand, it may hold on to its value if I get a good enough deal on one.....but tis looking like a Bentley, and if James is reading this from CH, sorry mate, just not sure I could live with a duff TDV8 with suspension problems....as good as the deal is you've offered, it was a very generous deal, and will of course refer people if anyone asks....

Post #180921 Fri Aug 01 2008 12:06pm
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

Conti GT Speed is right up there at the top of my list Bow down Thumbs Up

Although a 2nd hand non-Speed GT could always be 'Fettled' to look a little different from the others out there?

Look at it this way Nick, it's a great position to be in mate Thumbs Up Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad
Joint runner up - 2009 Outstanding Contribution Award Sad
WINNER - 2008 ‘Best Thread’ Award – Beautiful Women Of The World Very Happy
Runner Up - 2008 Comedian Of The Year Award Sad
Runner Up - 2008’s Funniest Incident Sad

06 RRS TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony, PTI, Running Boards, Privacy, S/C Grille/Vents, Stormers, Tasmods - GONE - Surprised(

Post #180923 Fri Aug 01 2008 12:24pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

OK, Bentley it is then and whatever you do, look after the alloys... there was a lady in the village where we used to live that had one and the alloys were ruined because she used to park in the street simply by driving into the kerb. It still makes me wince every time I see a GT Shocked 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #180927 Fri Aug 01 2008 12:34pm
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

Some people just don't deserve it, do they? Censored Evil or Very Mad Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad

06 RRS TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony, PTI, Running Boards, Privacy, S/C Grille/Vents, Stormers, Tasmods - GONE - Surprised(

Post #180932 Fri Aug 01 2008 12:38pm
Josh

United Kingdom 

Supertrotter wrote:
Josh wrote:
As long as it has the newer dappened steering rack then it shouldn't be a problem putting bigger wheels on it. There were issues with early models that needed the rack changing for bigger wheels to be fitted..

Josh, I stand to be corrected but I think the dampened racks (Sounds like one of Jays top shelfers! Shocked ) was only required for 20" wheels as quite a few HSE's on 19's were manufactured without it Thumbs Up

Anyway back on track for the benefit of M1KEY.......... Exclamation

Since he's looking to buy a 06 S with 17" wheels and may want to put bigger wheels on it possibly up to 20" (for the benefit of Supertrotter Rolling Eyes ). Is his rack the dampened version, which might not have been needed given the 17" wheels:?:

Because if not, he might cause a problem if he puts bigger wheels on Exclamation Anyone know the answer Question

Unless of course he accepts that the wheels can't be upped or buys a better value HSE with all the benefits. TDV6 - gone
TDV8 - gone
Audi Q5 3.0 Tdi Sline wef 6/11/10

Last edited by Josh on Fri Aug 01 2008 1:24pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #180934 Fri Aug 01 2008 1:20pm
Kaine

United Kingdom 

Nissan Skyline GTR R35 £59999 or thereabouts

Post #180935 Fri Aug 01 2008 1:24pm
Josh

United Kingdom 

Saw a nice electric sports car for £120K. TDV6 - gone
TDV8 - gone

Post #180936 Fri Aug 01 2008 1:26pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Josh wrote:

Since he's looking to buy a 06 S with 17" wheels and may want to put bigger wheels on it possibly up to 20" (for the benefit of Supertrotter Rolling Eyes ). Is his rack the dampened version, which might not have been needed given the 17" wheels:?:

Because if not, he might cause a problem if he puts bigger wheels on Exclamation Anyone know the answer Question

Unless of course he accepts that the wheels can't be upped or buys a better value HSE with all the benefits.

As it's an S and 06MY it's likely to have the undamped rack - the only way he can tell for sure is to either check for himself or get his dealer to check. I'll have a look for the diagrams and post them back.

PS: Saw the Tesla electric car at Goodwood FOS a few weeks ago, it was doing the hillclimb. Very odd to hear something go past so quickly with the only noise being it's tyres on the track Confused

OK, found them:

These are the different racks - A is the undamped rack, B is the damped rack:

And this is where you check to see which you have:

Click image to enlarge

And finally, the TSB header info, giving the VIN range:

No: LS204 001
Issue: 2
Date: 08 Sep 2005

20-inch Wheel Installation Limitations
AFFECTED VEHICLE RANGE:
Range Rover Sport (LS) 6A900505 to 6A917472
Vehicles built with 18 or 19-inch wheels

Thumbs Up 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #180937 Fri Aug 01 2008 1:37pm
NickM

United Kingdom 

Kaine, I thought about the Skyline for about 23 seconds and then discounted it...... i could never bring myself to buy a 350Z a few years ago, as I still think we're all badge snobs to some extent. Am ever sad to say there isn't a good Audi out there, other than a tiny TTS. But any new Audi drops money like the rest...

So Bentley it is, but as i said, waiting abother 2 months, get summer out of the way and see what the values look like when the sun goes in and dealer has car on its forecourt for 30 days plus.....

Post #180939 Fri Aug 01 2008 2:01pm
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

Josh wrote:
Supertrotter wrote:
Josh wrote:
As long as it has the newer dappened steering rack then it shouldn't be a problem putting bigger wheels on it. There were issues with early models that needed the rack changing for bigger wheels to be fitted..

Josh, I stand to be corrected but I think the dampened racks (Sounds like one of Jays top shelfers! Shocked ) was only required for 20" wheels as quite a few HSE's on 19's were manufactured without it Thumbs Up

Look what he posted Nick Rolling Eyes

M1KEY wrote:
I would definitely upgrade the wheels most probably to some used HSE wheels off ebay as you can pick up a set for around £400 and would definitely improve the look of the car over the 17’s !!!

He doesn't mention 20's therefore a damped steering rack isn't an issue, is it? Thumbs Up Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad

Last edited by Supertrotter on Fri Aug 01 2008 4:22pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #180948 Fri Aug 01 2008 2:44pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

Here is another doom and gloom story.

Client right now buying a Lexus LS460 SEL for £38k (56 plater, new these are: £75k)
Has an older LS430 on a 51 plate, achieving around £8k trade in right now.

Basically.. had the lexus dealer just say: "We will take a bid on the new car as its 'open for offer' but the old car, you can keep with all due respect"

WOW... said to him, never heard a main dealer say that.. he said in reply.. well we're Censored have 4 of them sitting outside my window right now, and they went to auction and came right back again! so we don't want anymore 430's would rather stick with the new 460 which we have got interest in..

He wasn't exaggerating at all, and i for one appreciated the openess and honesty, but never heard that before at all..

Post #180987 Fri Aug 01 2008 4:20pm
Josh

United Kingdom 

Look what he posted Nick Rolling Eyes

M1KEY wrote:
I would definitely upgrade the wheels most probably to some used HSE wheels off ebay as you can pick up a set for around £400 and would definitely improve the look of the car over the 17’s !!!

He doesn't mention 20's therefore a damped steering rack isn't an issue, is it? Thumbs Up[/quote]

Rolling with laughter

Yes I know who raised the bigger wheels Bow down
Rolling with laughter
But I bet he didn't know about the steering rack issue and having spent his hard earned cash he might have gone on to make an expensive mistake which I beleive LR might not cover under warranty anymore. I'm just passing on my free knowledge.

Shmoogle, Thanks for making it clear. Thumbs Up TDV6 - gone
TDV8 - gone

Post #181009 Fri Aug 01 2008 9:49pm
PauloAmore

Scotland 

kam100 wrote:
Here is another doom and gloom story.

Client right now buying a Lexus LS460 SEL for £38k (56 plater, new these are: £75k)
Has an older LS430 on a 51 plate, achieving around £8k trade in right now.

Basically.. had the lexus dealer just say: "We will take a bid on the new car as its 'open for offer' but the old car, you can keep with all due respect"

WOW... said to him, never heard a main dealer say that.. he said in reply.. well we're Censored have 4 of them sitting outside my window right now, and they went to auction and came right back again! so we don't want anymore 430's would rather stick with the new 460 which we have got interest in..

He wasn't exaggerating at all, and i for one appreciated the openess and honesty, but never heard that before at all..

And another. I know a guy whom nearly was unable to trade in his S type Jag and a LPG Disco 2 against a Disco 3. The LPG Disco (like 8 years old) was no problem. But the LR dealer could find no-one to take the S type on.

It took 2 weeks for the dealer to take the S type. A sign of the times I suppose. 2022 P440e AB

Post #181037 Sat Aug 02 2008 6:02am
ChrisP

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Just glad I got mine on Contract hire not a purchase:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/main.j...uel108.xml MY2011 HSE Santorini/Ivory/Piano Black/Privacy Glass/TV .Sadly gone.
Audi A5 Sportback Black Edition 3.0 tdi quattro S Line

Post #181807 Fri Aug 08 2008 12:25pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

ChrisP wrote:
Just glad I got mine on Contract hire not a purchase:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/main.j...uel108.xml

......god love the media...................i'm sure all this 'market control talk' will work too.......look at the B Censored x that is climate change (or not as the case may be)..............these punks who write this shieet, need to be rounded up and shot. Period. L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

5 series for the miles Smile

RRS S/C factory built HST - Gone

45 others have been and gone!

Post #181813 Fri Aug 08 2008 12:54pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 5 <12345>