RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > 8000K HID Bulb Replacement... Look!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

FAT_RRS

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Java Black
8000K HID Bulb Replacement... Look!

Ok, I read a horror story (click here http://www.intellexual.net/hid.html )about higher temp HID bulbs and why our cars come with a white 4300K temp... We all want the purpleish lights like some Audi's have. I learned after I bought my bulbs that the purple audi projectors were because of the design of the projector and NOT the color of the bulb. I went ahead and put them in anyway. The first pic is the best. The blue is better in person and my eyes dont see a difference at night between the OEM and 8000k. I drove last night with one OEM and one 8000K. I liked the 8000K way better... I might throw these on ebay and order some 10000K just to see what they look like. The higher the temp, the LESS light.. That's not a good thing either...

I bought some cheapo bulbs from ebay 8000K color and swapped out my HID lights. I also swapped out my OEM hi-beams for some Sylvania Ultras. Here is the comparison below.

The left (passenger side) HID bulb is OEM, the right is 8000K.

The left side hi-beam is Ultra, the right is OEM.

I didn't think I was going to be able to install the rt side hi beam or the left side HID myself, but I was able to. It's a tight squeeze. That's the reason for the random placement of the OEM and replacement bulbs..

Click image to enlarge

You can see more of a blue around the 8000K on the right (driver's side). The Ultra hi-beam on the left looks more white than the yellow on the left... The difference is way better in person.

Below are the bulbs I ordered for the fog lights until I do my HID conversion... These are very yellow and will give a unique look...

http://www.racinglab.com/nohyyeprohal11.html

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green

Post #180087 Sat Jul 26 2008 11:32pm
FAT_RRS

I will work on some better pictures tonight with a better cam than my outdated iphone..

Post #180088 Sat Jul 26 2008 11:37pm
FAT_RRS

I didn't get better pictures, but I will say that the light is very blue on the road and it's harder to see. The stockers may be going back in after all. I'm going to wait until the yellow fogs get here, then decide.

Post #180136 Sun Jul 27 2008 8:50pm
Murdered out

United States 2008 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Java Black

get those fog lights done son, HID...

Click image to enlarge

this was my setup last year. 15,000K fogs and headlamps. but since then, I have upgraded to the 55W Digital HID systems now, much brighter and using 6600K healamps and 8000K fogs

This is what I have now

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  

Post #180379 Mon Jul 28 2008 8:24pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1