RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Gas Conversion for Supercharged
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

andykart

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black
Gas Conversion for Supercharged

Hi guys has anyone bitten the bullet and gone for gas conversion on your SC?

thanks Andy Andy J
Range Rover Sport, TDV8, Java Black, Ivory

Post #167763 Tue Apr 29 2008 2:23pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Not been talked about for a long while andykart, but start here:

http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic647.html

I believe JE now do an LPG conversion as well although not sure how often they do one.... if Cornelius is watching he might have some input Very Happy 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #167768 Tue Apr 29 2008 2:48pm
andykart

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

ok thanks i will check this one out

cheers
andy Andy J
Range Rover Sport, TDV8, Java Black, Ivory

Post #167832 Tue Apr 29 2008 9:19pm
Nutty Nige

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

On that model its range really Andy and are you close to the gas stations when you need it.

Because you can only get a 80-90 litre tank in under the boot where the spare wheel goes. Take up any boot space aswell and your struggling so its the norm to only have one tank. If you bend the stop in the tank you might squeeze around 78-82 litres and what are you getting to a litre of petrol. Probably around 3-4 miles so burning more gas per mile you are not going far on the gas tank. You would probably get around 145-160 miles out of a tank of gas if you were careful.

If you do fit it on that engine fit the Prinns system, it runs better on that engine. Thumbs Up You don't stop playing because you get old, You get old because you stop playing.

07 TDV6 been and gone. 08 TDV6 been and gone. 08.5 TDV8 in evaluation mode and now gone. BMW 535D M sport Been and gone, Now time for RRS No4 - TDV6 HSE in Stornaway with Ebony - 09 Model 6 months old.
RS Cosworth 4x4 Stage 2 Mint for summer
Audi TT
Astra VXR for the daughter.

Post #167834 Tue Apr 29 2008 9:49pm
Cornelius Vermuyden

England 

Ah, S, I wasn't watching! Well, the JE "hack" of 2005 vintage, full Stage 1, low restriction cats and Larini exhaust is totally seamless. We have done a lot of work with OMVL but their hardware has to be modified and upgraded a little in the UK (I can't be too specific, it's for JE to know and others to find out) The software bleeds petrol up to 100% on flat-to-the-floor acceleration and as required for other lead-footed efforts! Under normal driving it runs 100% LPG or gasoline, as selected. Total range is close to 360 miles on a tank of LPG together with a tank of Shell V-Power, driven very hard. It will pull 140mph on mostly LPG, but obviously is not running 100% gas under such conditions. Acceleration is virtually as good as a non-modified vehicle, I can notice the difference, most wouldn't. It will pull the trailer with the Dakar Bowler at 120mph, no prob (Gibon's trailer, not ours!!)
However with later cars we have two problems. Firstly, the "adaptive" can cause the engine warning light to come on, in extreme cases cause "limp mode" if driven hard and the latest cars sometimes give a stumble on transition to partial or full petrol bleed under very hard acceleration or after vicious cornering. We'll try a "swirl-pot" type fix when we have time. The JE car, "BL05" never gives these problems. The Prins, Romano and Tartarini are not up to the job, period.
Personally I'm not a fan of gasbags (my opinion, not JE's!) I come from the age of 105 Octane laced with a bottle of octane-booster (neat tetra-ethyl lead, ideally!) If you are worried about fuel economy buy a b Censored y Nissan Micra, or a diesel. Leave 450+ bhp sports and GT's to those who are prepared to afford it (by sending the wife out scrubbing floors!!) Laughing

Post #168418 Sat May 03 2008 11:02pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1