RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Re Mapping RRSort 2005 TDV6`
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

dans1v

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black
Re Mapping RRSort 2005 TDV6`

Everything i read says get it done big difference in power and torque and fuel consumption not effected to much is this true??

if so how much should i ay and where around the Sheffield area should i have it done? Question

Regards

Dan

Post #166494 Mon Apr 21 2008 8:05pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Check out our forum sponsors menu. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #166497 Mon Apr 21 2008 8:54pm
D-Tech

England 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

===

Last edited by D-Tech on Tue Jan 14 2014 3:09pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #166502 Mon Apr 21 2008 9:52pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Vogue

This might be a really dumb question, but I have been considering having one of my vehicles done. How do I tell if its already been done or not though??? Don't want to waste £600 to £700 and find its no better.

many thanks

Post #166570 Tue Apr 22 2008 11:09am
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Not a dumb question - unless you are familiar with the car it's very difficult to tell unless you have computers and relevant software. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #166571 Tue Apr 22 2008 11:13am
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

For those who drive lots of different LRs it's fairly easy to spot simply by driving, but if don't know how the car performs in the first place then there's nothing "visible" to show that it's been chipped (unless with one of those plugin boxes, you would see that obviously, but the likes of DTech will "flash" the car not unlike upgrading the firmware on your mobile or PC). 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #166588 Tue Apr 22 2008 11:48am
bellautos

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Cairns Blue

When i do a remap on these cars i read the original mapping from the cars control unit and compare the data to a known original to make sure it is standard or not.

Then i would connect the dealer diagnostic tool and make sure we have no existing problem sgoing on and make any relevent software updates as nesseary.

After all this is dont then the mapping starts.

If i find on any of the stages that the car is already tuned or has a problem you dont want me to rectify you have the choice to go away without paying a penny.

This is the free part of my service when i make any booking for a remap.

Regards pete 

Post #167869 Wed Apr 30 2008 9:14am
gazza500

Jersey 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Chawton White

I used JE in Coventry. Superb prompt and efficient service, and the tune did everything promised without a fuel consumption increase. In fact the fuel consumption was better! Chawton White TDV6 HSE with Alpaca and Rodium, Automatic Climate Control,
Privacy Glass, 22 inch, Hawke Alloy Wheels, Brembo Front Brakes, Premium ICE Pack, Clear repeaters, Chrome Driving Light Surrounds, Tasmods, Chrome handles, HST Grille, Chrome Side Vents, JE ECU Upgrade

Post #167880 Wed Apr 30 2008 10:36am
D-Tech

England 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

==

Last edited by D-Tech on Tue Jan 14 2014 3:10pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #167909 Wed Apr 30 2008 3:09pm
blackwood

United Kingdom 

Hi Guys,
I'm new to the forum, 1st posting,but have been reading with great interest all the posts in the various forums. I'm just looking to buy a sport at the moment,my current car being a chipped Disco 2. I can't quite afford a tdv8, so am going for an '06 with a bit of luck,as I believe most of these have the damped steering rack for the 20" wheels. I'm not worried about chipping/re-mapping after having had several re-mapped Audi's and Disco's. However,please could one of you give me a bit of an idea of economy before and after re-mapping? I realise that the drive will be different,and if you want more go you need to put more coal on... I relise this has all been covered before,and I get the distinct impresson that it would almost be rude not to re-map my tdv6, but how will it perform next to a standard tdv8? I'm not after specific times,but some general impressions if possible please?
Thanks for taking the time to read this,and apologies for re-covering a popular topic,but I haven't really found the sort of info I'm after. I know there's no substitute for a test drive,but guess I'm not quite at that stage yet,and have only driven a tdv8 to date (v v impressed!)
Best Regards
Blackwood Thumbs Up

Post #168157 Thu May 01 2008 10:34pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Welcome to the forums Blackwood, Sorry I cannot help you having gone from an unchipped TDv6 to an unchipped TDv8, but there will be somebody along in the next 24 hours I'm sure who will be able to help you! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #168158 Thu May 01 2008 10:38pm
rrsjo

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

You really need Josh to advise you. He changed from a chipped TDV6 to an unchipped TDV8. I'm sure he will come on later and advise you of his thoughts on the difference. Otherwise PM him. Gone - 2008 TDV8, Stornoway Grey, ebony, zabrano trim, TV, Tasmods, mudflaps.

Post #168159 Thu May 01 2008 10:47pm
anthony-apl

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

There sure is tim

BW i now own a TDV6 S as i am not into the gadgets and was too tight too spend the money on a HSE never mind a V8 Very Happy

I have driven both a V6 and V8 unchipped and there is a big difference in power and exhaust tune

I had my V6 re-mapped and i now consider it to be on par with the V8 apart from the exhaust grunt so i am getting a stainless exhaust

Maybe i should of not been a tight arse and ordered the V8 from the start Rolling with laughter

Good luck

Ant 16 model year yulong white autobiography
Bentley continental GTC
2011 VW Transporter T5 Kombi 140BHP with sport line kit for work

15 model year black RRS HSE gone
11MY Fuji White 3.0 TDV6 HSE
Ivory premium leather
Ebony contrast stitching
Extended leather pack
Anigra Wood now gone

08MY Range Rover Sport TDV6 GONE

Post #168160 Thu May 01 2008 10:50pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

You still saved a fortune Ant, and thats the name of the game if you are achieving Tdv8 performance and economy with a chipped Tdv6. Does your v6 have DR Suspension and Brembos too? It's OK being able to go fast but can you get round the corners nice and tidily and stop OK? 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #168162 Thu May 01 2008 11:02pm
anthony-apl

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

no brembos unfortanatley Tim

Still stops well enough though and is grippy enough on the twisty bits Thumbs Up 16 model year yulong white autobiography
Bentley continental GTC
2011 VW Transporter T5 Kombi 140BHP with sport line kit for work

15 model year black RRS HSE gone
11MY Fuji White 3.0 TDV6 HSE
Ivory premium leather
Ebony contrast stitching
Extended leather pack
Anigra Wood now gone

08MY Range Rover Sport TDV6 GONE

Post #168255 Fri May 02 2008 3:01pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>