RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Time to get BIG discounts on new cars! Read this...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

AJSG

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Bonatti Grey
Time to get BIG discounts on new cars! Read this...

UK The City of London is forecast to face its worst employment downturn, with up to 20,000 job losses projected in the financial services sector in the next two years, according to the Centre of Economic and Business Research. CEBR sees up to 11,000 job losses this year and 8,200 in 2009 from areas most exposed to the credit crisis with employment levels not expected to recover until 2012. It said the credit crunch combined with the sharp slowdown in the UK and global economy will mean substantial job losses are now inevitable. Unlike the dotcom bust which cost 15,300 jobs, this time there will be no resilient housing and buoyant consumer spending to counter the slide. 2007 Audi Q7 4.2 FSI Grey/Black Int.
2005 Quattroporte Grey/Black Int.

Post #165013 Mon Apr 14 2008 7:20am
kam100

United Kingdom 

sad news.. you already can get huge discounts!

offered recently: Brand New Audi A8 3.0 TDI Sport, 2008/08 (unregistered), every extra on board one would expect, with adaptive xenons, and reversing camera, brand new spec price: £58,000 could be had for £39,995 with 12 months tax, OTR, and they would tint the rear windows!

Choice of 4, two silver, two black! unbelievable.. was told the other day, bmw would have subsidy of £6k in every 730d they sell.. audi q7's available with S line free, and they are desperate to discount cars and knock them out.. its definitely a buyers market!

Although, residuals are reflecting this, even though the above audi is so cheap, its 4 year residual on cap book was £14k! so not as attractive as first thought, all relative really.. but if the market rebounds and they sell well again, within the 4 years, you would outperform book.. hmm.. my dads A8 is due for renewal..

Post #165297 Mon Apr 14 2008 5:57pm
NickM

United Kingdom 

my 650 sport cab lost £22K in 4 months - was £70K list and sold it for £48K - they were knocking 10% off list to new buyers.....

Post #165301 Mon Apr 14 2008 6:26pm
PauloAmore

Scotland 

Kam,

Out of interest, anything else going for a song or just the obvious depreciation monsters like top of the range saloons from everyone from Citroen to BMW?

thx
p 2022 P440e AB

Post #165324 Mon Apr 14 2008 7:39pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

Nah pretty much everything mate.. had a customer walk into Bmw and got £4k off a Bmw 320 Cab, which are supposedly non discounted, and built to order!? hmm Confused Confused

Saab are pricing cars to clear right now, real good bargains, bought one fri another today.. got crazy price on my sisters used Bmw X3 sunday too.. got 3.5k overallowance on her merc cab!! the market is literally crazy...

Merc offering good deals on flop cars like the r class...
As always will do our best on LR's but they are relatively strong (right now anyway..) just know financing is an issue for them right now...

Post #165352 Mon Apr 14 2008 9:34pm
PauloAmore

Scotland 

Porsche too? 2022 P440e AB

Post #165353 Mon Apr 14 2008 9:45pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

I approached Porsche with a 997 C2S with 20k on the clock, last week.

Was told, "We're currently not buying", i asked, huh? its a cheap car, £44k, good for retail at £48k... his reply was.. "Kam, we have three turbo's on the tarmac outside, too much money in stock, so we're not buying currently, thanks though..".

We had a guy approach via piston heads with a cayenne 3.2S 53 plate if i remember right, for Boolia's car a month or so back, we approached our trade seller, and he went to work trying to get the best bid on the cayenne, and literally came back with a blank... the guy wanted £25k but noone was buying thems.. forecourt cobweb car or something was the term used....

Porsche = Liquifying the brand mean anything... oversupply? stick to sportscars.....
but like they care:

"Now Porsche, already a 31 per-cent owner of Volkswagen, is in a prime position to take over VW. Porsche chief Wendelin Wiedeking has made it no secret that he believes owning the majority of VW would be greatly beneficial to all involved, in terms of development, production, and distribution."

Post #165386 Tue Apr 15 2008 12:36am
AJSG

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Bonatti Grey

Oh yes, and its going to get worse...when those monkeys at the MPC failed to cut the emergency discount rate and only cut the base rate, Libor actually ROSE!

I want to change my RRS S/C for a new vehicle (so I can choose the spec) but the best bid I got for mine at the moment was 28k, with no discount on the new price, so a swap price of around 31k. This is way away from the target of 26.5k that I should be getting in non stressed times.

The nice people at Charles Hurst did offer to do my windows at almost half the price of those crooks at Stratstone so I might indeed be forced to keep it.

Although a fully loaded Cayenne Turbo S might be of interest...what are they going for at the moment? What are the chances of finding a Grey outside/Black inside with NO tinted windows? 2007 Audi Q7 4.2 FSI Grey/Black Int.
2005 Quattroporte Grey/Black Int.

Post #165393 Tue Apr 15 2008 7:04am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

AJSG wrote:
What are the chances of finding a Grey outside/Black inside with NO tinted windows?

Well I have one and had no problem getting it but it is a TDv8 not an S/C - 10 days from 1st inquiry to delivery by our friends at Park Royal via Kam100 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #165403 Tue Apr 15 2008 8:39am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
kam100

United Kingdom 

AJSG wrote:
Oh yes, and its going to get worse...when those monkeys at the MPC failed to cut the emergency discount rate and only cut the base rate, Libor actually ROSE!

I want to change my RRS S/C for a new vehicle (so I can choose the spec) but the best bid I got for mine at the moment was 28k, with no discount on the new price, so a swap price of around 31k. This is way away from the target of 26.5k that I should be getting in non stressed times.

The nice people at Charles Hurst did offer to do my windows at almost half the price of those crooks at Stratstone so I might indeed be forced to keep it.

Although a fully loaded Cayenne Turbo S might be of interest...what are they going for at the moment? What are the chances of finding a Grey outside/Black inside with NO tinted windows?

I can put you in touch with a contact at Porsche to discuss your requirements with?
Crooks at stratstone.. depends who you talk to i guess.. CH will sort you out no doubt also.
Whats the problem with your windows?

Post #165453 Tue Apr 15 2008 12:33pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

AJ's car has factory tints and he wants shot of them but it costs too much to replace the glass 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #165454 Tue Apr 15 2008 12:35pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
kam100

United Kingdom 

Ok.. thats a new one. Never heard of it that way round.
Surely the cheapest option would be to find someone who wants the tints and hasn't got them and swap the panes over? bit of labour charge?

Post #165456 Tue Apr 15 2008 12:37pm
NickM

United Kingdom 

Kam what could I do with my car - in terms of finance options - don't want to really add any more money in as I have just got a new car, but I own my RRS, a (56 plate) 2007 RRS TDV6 HSE - fully spec'd up, wheels, windows, fridge, boards, full colour code etc....would anyone take me seriously if I financed a relatively small amount against a nearly new TDV8 - or you think it's best to keep my car in the current market - my car has 11K on the clock and one previous (famous!) owner....

Post #165473 Tue Apr 15 2008 1:39pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Nick - remind us who the previous owner was. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #165483 Tue Apr 15 2008 2:46pm
NickM

United Kingdom 

Chelsea footballer......a client of mine - very well looked after car, and not a hint of womens underwear left behind

Post #165484 Tue Apr 15 2008 3:21pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>