RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > FBH Reset Tool
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

shakeapaw

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Mister B wrote:
Ah, so is purging and force starting as per shakepaw's post, will i hear it sat in the car or only outside. Questions Questions Rolling Eyes

Yes, if you are sat in the car, radio off, you will hear the FBH trying to start, then smoke if it does, which will clear after a minute or so 07,TDV8,Black, Black Heated leather all round, Rear Entertainment with Headpones & Remote, TV, DVD, Pure Dab Digital Radio, Sidesteps, Adaptive Headlights, sunroof, now working fuel burning heater Smile)))

Post #445191 Sat Dec 13 2014 4:29am
Simon58

England 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Galway Green

-2 this morning (0430) when I took my daughter to her swimming training - after the the trip to get the 'lock outs' cleared YIPPEE I have a working FBH no cloud of smoke either car got toastie really quickly Thumbs Up just got to remember not to drive with low fuel………………………. About to get into a sport

Post #445194 Sat Dec 13 2014 9:26am
Bodsy
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 

Result Thumbs Up Bodsys Brake Bible
Software Updates Contact me
RRS Timed Heat/Remote kits - Contact me
BAS Engine Re-maps/ EGR Blank EuIII and EuIV
Clock On The Dash/ SNOTM /3Flash / BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes read\ Gearbox Reset
See it HERE

Post #445195 Sat Dec 13 2014 10:01am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
1JBS

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 SE Orkney Grey

Just had a new fuel pump fitted to mine, -1 this morning and it kicked in straight away and immediately started to clear the windscreen, great to have it working again.. Interestingly we have these FBH's fitted as standard on all our Sprinter vans and you can select whether to have them on or off. You can also leave them permanently on in the really cold weather keeps the cab nice and warm.. Thumbs Up

Post #445197 Sat Dec 13 2014 10:48am
shakeapaw

looke like we are winning the war over none working heaters Laughing 07,TDV8,Black, Black Heated leather all round, Rear Entertainment with Headpones & Remote, TV, DVD, Pure Dab Digital Radio, Sidesteps, Adaptive Headlights, sunroof, now working fuel burning heater Smile)))

Post #445245 Sat Dec 13 2014 9:02pm
Paddi

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Mine's been kicking in on cue in the cold weather. But now I'm thinking perhaps should have the park heating installed so can keep warm while waiting for the flatbed to turn up when the turbos blow. 2008 MY Java Black TDV8 HSE

Post #445246 Sat Dec 13 2014 9:17pm
Disco_Mikey

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Santorini Black

Thats positive thinking right there Rolling with laughter

Post #445248 Sat Dec 13 2014 9:43pm
Leeser23

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Siberian Silver

Evening all,
Mine hasn't been working what checks resets can I do myself ( if any )
Nick 2007 HSE V8, steps fitted, interior & reversing LED's, Black badges

Post #445253 Sat Dec 13 2014 10:33pm
shakeapaw

read throught his http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic29610.html?highlight=fbh+wire 07,TDV8,Black, Black Heated leather all round, Rear Entertainment with Headpones & Remote, TV, DVD, Pure Dab Digital Radio, Sidesteps, Adaptive Headlights, sunroof, now working fuel burning heater Smile)))

Post #445260 Sun Dec 14 2014 2:05am
harrygh60

England 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

RRSTDV8 wrote:
Paddi wrote:
May be shot down in flames here but I think the FBH does not lock out permanently after a certain number of low fuel incidents (urban myth).

Agreed. There is a lock out mode but it is for more serious issues (thought I'd include it here for the reference of others without the manual):

Quote:
Diagnostics
The control module monitors the FFBH system for faults. Any faults detected are stored in a volatile memory in the control
module, which can be interrogated by T4 via the medium speed CAN bus. A maximum of three faults and associated freeze frame
data can be stored at any one time. If a further fault is detected, the oldest fault is overwritten by the new fault.
The control module also incorporates an error lockout mode of operation that inhibits operation to prevent serious faults from
causing further damage to the system. In the error lockout mode, the control module immediately stops the auxiliary fuel pump,
and stops the combustion air fan and circulation pump after a cool down time of approximately 2 minutes. Error lockout occurs for
start sequence failures, combustion flameouts, heat exchanger casing overheat and if battery voltage is out of limits. The error
lockout mode can be cleared using T4, or by disconnecting the battery power supply (connector C0926) for a minimum of 10
seconds.

Start Failure and Flameout: If a start sequence fails to establish combustion, or a flameout occurs after combustion is
established, the control module immediately initiates another start sequence. The start failure or flameout is also recorded by an
event timer in the control module. The event timer is increased by one after each start failure or flameout, and decreased by one
if a subsequent start is successful. If the event timer increases to three (over any number of drive cycles), the control module
enters the error lockout mode.

Heat Exchanger Casing Overheat: To protect the system from excessive temperatures, the control module enters the error
lockout mode if the heat exchanger coolant temperature exceeds 125 ฐC (257 ฐF).

Battery Voltage Limits: 10.25 - 15.5 volts.
I see there is a mention of a code C0926 Is this code for FBH or Battery terminal. I have recently had a code CO700 and cant find out what it refers to. Any ideas. itisme

Post #445264 Sun Dec 14 2014 9:57am
PaulMason

United Kingdom 

Is a u3000 a generic code, as mines not working ( hasn't for a long time). I wonder if theres anything I can do to do force it

Post #586714 Wed Sep 11 2019 9:13am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12