RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > GAP Insurance
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey
GAP Insurance

I've had this before, has anyone taken it out on their RRS?

The deal is £345 one off payment covering 3 years and will plug an insurance gap up to £15,000.

Is it worth it? Has anyone ever had to use it? Question L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #2446 Mon Sep 19 2005 9:53am
d3matt

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Bonatti Grey

I took GAP insurance out on my VW T5 van, as it was very high spec (has every extra on it) and I thought that there may be an insurance payout gap. However, I have since thought twice and considered it too expensive for what it actually covers.
Our RRS costs £370 to insure per annum. I therefore I didn't bother with GAP insurance as the cost is another year's insurance. I'd personally take the chance. How many people to do you know who have written off their car? Also, you should always negotiate with the insurance companies anyway when they pay out. If you can show proof of the cost of other similar cars at the same spec, mileage etc, then you should be able to get them to up their pay out.

It's a crazy situation - You insure the car for so you are covered if you're car is damaged in an accident - now you're sold insurance to cover your insurance too! Matt
-------------------------------------------
RRS ownership for 1 yr, then D3 for 2 yrs. Then cut back to old bangers and working my way back up through two Peugeots in 6 months. Now got Saab 9-5 2.3t and enjoying the performance!

Post #2447 Mon Sep 19 2005 10:08am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RRUK

I know, it IS crazy nowadays but the insurance companies are such slippery fish that they'll wriggle out of paying out if they can, and they'll use every trick in the book to do it.

I think of an example scenario however, say my car was written off somehow in the first 12 months, there are not going to be many low mileage second hand Supercharged Sports around to compare it to.

How on earth do you get such low insurance? I just got a quote from Sainsburys for £825 fully comp, I am 30, 7 years NCD, 1 claim in 2002, 6 points for speeding (who hasn't these days?) the car will be garaged and I live in a low risk area in the midlands....If I put my wife on it who is 36 and also has 6 points it rockets up again, but this is the cheapest quote I can find. L319 D4 HSE

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #2451 Mon Sep 19 2005 10:30am
MDP

United Kingdom 

RRUK,

Firstly a Supercharged will cost more to insure than a TDV6 HSE, also having spent nearly £60k I personally thought it a sensible idea to protect myself against the worse case scenario.
For your info: I insured my Supercharged with Direct Line fully comp 2 drivers me ( 42 ) and wife ( 39 ) I have no points, full NCD , but opted for large excess of £800 .... it isnt worth claiming unless its for the BIG ONE. In my opinion thats what ins is for. Total premium = £475 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #2453 Mon Sep 19 2005 10:45am
RRUK

I just altered the details on the policy (not yet taken it but an online quote) and upped my voluntary excess from £0 to £250, this will of course be on top of the mandatory excess (need to find that in the small print) but it HAS reduced it from £825 to £700 bang on the nose.

Not bad.

I may still get a Tracker later, but it won;t make any difference to the insurance company, just personal peace of mind. L319 D4 HSE

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #2455 Mon Sep 19 2005 11:35am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1