RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Dealership Feedback > Melbourne Land Rover - 1st Service
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

2nd Rower

Australia 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Chawton White
Melbourne Land Rover - 1st Service

I have had my first service done at 6 months old yesterday.. It was the 12k km service, even though the car has only done 6k km's since it arrived in Oct. Was very impressed by the service team, incredibly polite and professional.

I turned up as they opened at 7.30am. They took the car in and checked my requirements, which included allowing a 3rd party car phone kit installer having access to fit a Parrot 3200 in their maintenance area, (which they agreed) and also rotating and checking the tyres. They made me a cafe latte whilst i waited and then at 7.45 I got on the 'mini bus' (a Disco 3 Whistle ) for a lift into the Centre of the city with some other suits.

They called me at midday to notify the service was complete, then at 3pm to notify the car was ready as the phone kit installer had been. I even got a $10 voucher in lieu of the $10 cab fair I paid to get back to the stealer to collect the car!

A very smooth and pleasant experience, better than I can recall for all my previous models. Only Dick Lovett's Porsche back in Bristol UK, came close to this.

I do have a couple of matters - Firstly they stuck a dealership sticker on the rear window. I hate stickers on my rear window so will be going back to get that removed!

Secondly a question for the forum - I clearly remember the display reporting 9.8 litres per 100km's when I dropped the car in (which is about normal for my city driving). Yet shortly after I collected i noticed it it was reporting 16.4 litres per 100km. Clearly in my interpretation someone has been heavy with the accelerator during the service, and I am wondering should I be concerned, or is it a normal part of the service/test drive for the engineer to give it some welly? And would have this been on the road or whilst the car was up on a ramp having it's engine revved?

Thanks

Post #163555 Sat Apr 05 2008 1:10am
Steve in germany

Germany 

A test drive after the service is normal, the mechanic will drive the car quite hard to ensure throttle response gear change and of course the brakes are all in order. Speed Limits! not where I live!

Back in a D3

Did have: RRS TDV8 2008.5MY
Did have: Q7 3.0TDi S-Line/Tech/Comms pack
Did Have: Disco3 HSE

Post #163586 Sat Apr 05 2008 9:28am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Also the car will have sat on the test equipment ticking over and not moved while they work on it 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #163621 Sat Apr 05 2008 1:52pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
grease monkey

Australia 

When the Service indicator is reset using IDS, the Trip computer will be reset as well. And Obviously while the car isn't going anywhere, the fuel consumption will be higher.......?

Post #242518 Wed Nov 11 2009 12:02pm
BKHK

Australia 

Hi Grease

2nd Rower's comments from 2008 are very interesting in lightof his recent exepriences at MLR.Maybe someting has changed there?

Anyway, if you have an RRS use Lance Dixon for service, excellent always.

If you don't have an RRS and work for MLR then buck up!

If you work for Lance Dixon, you are a legend

If you work for Land Rover Australia, I am glad you are reading this to keep tabs on what is going on.

Post #242565 Wed Nov 11 2009 10:56pm
2nd Rower

Yes BKHK, this post is from 2008 and my first service experience at Melbourne Land Rover (MLR).

My most recent experience with Melbourne Land Rover (MLR) has not been enjoyable or pleasant one bit. You can read about it in this post

Post #242579 Thu Nov 12 2009 1:12am
2nd Rower

Welcome to the forum Grease, Smile

Interesting choice of first post if I may say so. What brings you here - do you own a Range Rover Sport, or work with them in any way - a la your forum moniker "Grease Monkey" ?

If it is the latter, it would certainly be great to get some local 'down under' product expertise to talk to! Cool

As I said welcome Thumbs Up

Post #242580 Thu Nov 12 2009 1:17am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1