RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > RRS into the future
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 
RRS into the future

Stolen from another site! Embarassed

Well here is some info i got for you guys!!

Following Wednesday's announcement that Jaguar and Land Rover officially belonged to India's Tata Motors, the luxury marques' future product plans were leaked. The plans continue all the way up to 2016 — although Tata has only agreed to guaranteed the next five years of production plans — and show some radical changes for the brands.

AutoWeek claims to have the inside goods on future Jaguar and Land Rover products, and here is what they say is in the works.

Jaguar
For 2009, Jaguar will roll out R versions of its all-new XF sedan and XK roadster — nothing really newsworthy there. But according to AutoWeek, one car will use a 5.0L supercharged V8 — with 500 horsepower — and the other will use a naturally aspirated version of the same engine — producing 380 horsepower. However, AutoWeek fails to special which vehicle will receive forced induction. It also seems a bit odd that Jaguar would choose not to used the supercharged mills in both cars.

Land Rover
Changes scheduled for Land Rover next year include a revised Range Rover and Range Rover Sport. The SUVs' interiors will get the most attention, but Jag's 5.0L V8 will also be added underhood.

Jaguar
Jaguar will launch its all-new flagship XJ sedan in 2010. The XJ will take on some styling cues from the XF, but will remain more luxury-oriented than the racier XF. The new XJ will remain the same size, but its interior volume should increase thanks to better packaging.

Jaguar's ill-fated X-Type will finally get the ax in 2010.

Land Rover
The LR3 will see a face lift in 2010, with a heavy emphasis on improving interior quality and fit and finish. Jaguar's aforementioned 380 horsepower 5.0L V8 will likely find its way under the 2010 LR3's hood, too.

Land Rover
Land Rover's LRX concept will make production in 2011, but it remains unclear what Land Rover will call it. LR1 is in the mix but could be too entry-level and, on the opposite side of the coin, LR4 could be too up-market. Whatever Land Rover decides the name the SUV, the road-going version of the LRX will have a hybrid option.

Jaguar
Jaguar's long-awaited throw-back sports car will finally make production in 2012. Currently dubbed the F-Type — although the production model could be called the XK-E — Jaguar is currently deciding whether to base the car on the XF or XK.

Land Rover
For 2012, a seven-seater version of the LRX is possible. Details remain scarce, but Land Rover is said to be aiming for the Mini Clubman's uniqueness.

Jaguar
The range-extending Jaguar XF coupe should bow in 2013, although it still needs the green light from its new owners. With the XF sedan bowing this year, it begs the question why the world must wait until 2013 for a two-version. But then again, it took Cadillac this long to produce the CTS coupe. But unlike rumors have indicated, there are no plans for an XF drop-top or wagon.

Land Rover
Land Rover's flagship Range Rover will be completely overhauled for 2013, and the changes will see the SUV become larger and more stylish. Perhaps the most staggering news about the new Range Rover is that it will sticker for an astonishing $200,000, thanks to its Bentley-like appointments. But despite the Range Rover's growth in luxury in size, fuel economy will see an increase — due to the use of light-weight materials and an available hybrid powertrain.

Jaguar
2014 should see an all-new XF, complete with an all-alloy body construction. Little else is known about the next-generation XF but it will be designed along side the 2015 XJ to keep costs down.

Land Rover
An all-new Range Rover Sport will bow in 2014 and will also switch to an all-aluminum body.

A new Land Rover Defender is also a possibility for 2014, although nothing is set in stone. However, Tata is said to be carefully considering the project as the Indian automaker has a growing interest in a rugged 4×4 model that could be sold throughout the world — think Toyota Land Cruiser.

2015-2016

Jaguar
An all-new XJ will join the Jaguar lineup.

Land Rover
Land Rover is due for a new LR3 sometime in 2015 or 2016, although it remains unclear what platform the new SUV will ride on. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #162231 Fri Mar 28 2008 7:09pm
AJSG

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Bonatti Grey

You said:

Land Rover
Changes scheduled for Land Rover next year include a revised Range Rover and Range Rover Sport. The SUVs' interiors will get the most attention, but Jag's 5.0L V8 will also be added underhood.

Woohooo...another petrol engine! Thank god for that I though the brand was going to go all agricultural on us Wink 2007 Audi Q7 4.2 FSI Grey/Black Int.
2005 Quattroporte Grey/Black Int.

Post #162232 Fri Mar 28 2008 7:15pm
JayMann

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic9807.html?highlight= Whistle RRS TDV6 Gone but still around
SL55 AMG
760Li Alpina
BMW 535D M Sport
BMW X6 XDrive35D
BMW 320D Coupe M Sport
And A Van For Rex!

WINNER - 2008's Idler Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Comedian Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Funniest Incident

I love boobies i love boobies i love boobies cuz i'm a big kid now! (Come on everybody sing with me you know the words!)

Post #162234 Fri Mar 28 2008 7:16pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Censored Censored Censored 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #162236 Fri Mar 28 2008 7:19pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

2011................... just in time for my next scheduled change of car the LRX will arrive! Doubt I'll be able to wait or afford a lightweight RRS in 2014 though. I'll be retired by then and I doubt my pension will stretch to an aluminium RRS Big Cry Big Cry 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #162237 Fri Mar 28 2008 7:21pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Cornelius Vermuyden

England 

Hmmm, whoever gave that info out has probably decamped PDQ to Dearborn or Gothenburg! I have it on impeccable authority that it is remarkably accurate, albeit very sketchy. There is no mention, for example, of drivetrains and hybrid/regenerative technology which are even more exciting than a 500+ bhp V8, nice though that is. Like Jag, the names "Range Rover" and "Land-Rover" will regain their place as iconic vehicles others merely try in vain to imitate. The future is not Orange, it is Dark Green, Gold and White, co-incidentally the colours of the Indian flag!! Cool

Post #162302 Sat Mar 29 2008 12:20am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Would making the cars out of recycled Cola cans make them any "greener" in the eyes of the tree huggers?. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #162362 Sat Mar 29 2008 10:56am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

Still a great post VA Thumbs Up

looks like a 5.0L V8 FFRR will be put on hold then Confused

Still, sounds like it will be worth the wait! Thumbs Up Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad
Joint runner up - 2009 Outstanding Contribution Award Sad
WINNER - 2008 ‘Best Thread’ Award – Beautiful Women Of The World Very Happy
Runner Up - 2008 Comedian Of The Year Award Sad
Runner Up - 2008’s Funniest Incident Sad

06 RRS TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony, PTI, Running Boards, Privacy, S/C Grille/Vents, Stormers, Tasmods - GONE - Surprised(

Post #162369 Sat Mar 29 2008 11:11am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1