RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Topic > Pioneer Plasma TV's
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>

XUJG

PauloAmore wrote:
You are correct on the screen front. I read that yesterday.

50" looks masssive! You got it in a large room?

I'm going to fit in the corner of my lounge, to the left of the chiney breast, on a wall mount.

Anyone any ideas on how I can keep the Xbox, Blu Ray, Sky etc boxes well away from the telly? Does the Pioneer have an external box for the AV inputs that would allow just one long cable to the telly?

The room it is in is 26' x 26' but 13' wide L shape and the screen is on an end wall so is not visible when you walk in the room. With HD you dont need to sit too far away otherwise you cant apreciate the detail so we view it from arount 12 to 14 feet away which is great.

I have the cables in the wall and a Piano Black with Black Glass Spectral AV unit under for all my gear.
It looks great. This is the cabinet but my one has Black Glass which looks a great deal better,
http://www.tvandvideodirect.com/product.ph...p;xSec=763

Post #161890 Thu Mar 27 2008 4:11pm
Pelyma

England 

shmoogle wrote:
Question

Look at his avatar Rolling Eyes Porsche Cayenne S Diesel 66 Plate

Post #161894 Thu Mar 27 2008 4:26pm
Kaine

United Kingdom 

Pioneer 428XD/4280XD or Pioneer 5080XD are the best Plasma's available today as value for money - you can also look at the Bow down AWESOME LX5080DS Bow down

Post #161895 Thu Mar 27 2008 4:31pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Pelyma wrote:
shmoogle wrote:
Question

Look at his avatar Rolling Eyes

Ner Ner 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #161896 Thu Mar 27 2008 4:33pm
PauloAmore

Scotland 

Kaine wrote:
Pioneer 428XD/4280XD or Pioneer 5080XD are the best Plasma's available today as value for money - you can also look at the Bow down AWESOME LX5080DS Bow down

Thanks for the PM.

How can I have one HDMI cable going to the screen, but able to feed PS3, Sky, Camcorder etc with no signal loss. Use an AV receiver with HDMI or something? 2022 P440e AB

Post #161898 Thu Mar 27 2008 4:35pm
Kaine

United Kingdom 

just to add, the reason why I believe the Pioneer 428 screens to be the best is not purely based on that its image reproduction is so good, but the fact it makes nearly any source (even crappy Sky SD) look good.

There are other good screens on the market that give similar results with a decent source, but do fail when you run them from cheap source equipment

Kaine

Post #161899 Thu Mar 27 2008 4:35pm
Kaine

United Kingdom 

PauloAmore wrote:
Kaine wrote:

Thanks for the PM.

How can I have one HDMI cable going to the screen, but able to feed PS3, Sky, Camcorder etc with no signal loss. Use an AV receiver with HDMI or something?

AV Receiver is your best option - look at Yamaha, Pioneer, Denon and Onkyo - now these products I can help you with Wink

Post #161902 Thu Mar 27 2008 4:36pm
thebishman

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Bonatti Grey

I own a Pioneer Kuro 150FD, (60"), and a 950HD, (42"); there simply are no better consumer TVs on the market currently than the Kuros. The reviews of the 8G, (8th generation), panels from Pioneer have called them on multiple occasions the best flat panels ever produced, so just don't take my word for it. When fed a decent 'signal', especially something like a 1080p signal from a BD player or an HD-DVD player, the picture, colours, etc, are so life like and 3-dimensional that you truly become far more immersed in the program you're watching.

In a few more months, the 9G panels are to be released and these will still be 100% produced by Pioneer, not outsourced. Further, the 9G panels are supposed to have 80% better black levels than the current 8G panels, which currently no other plasma comes close to, so the 9Gs will be even more stunning. There will be 2 different 9Gs released in the 50" and 60" sizes: one will have speakers and built in tuners and will be about the same width as the current 8G panels, and then there will be the same panel released but without built in tuners, or speakers that is quite a bit thinnner. There will be an external 'box' that you will make the connections to and then one cable along with the power cable will go to the TV itself. These thinner panels without speakers and built-in tuners are for those of us who use the panel in a dedicated A/V environment of course.

If you can wait for a few months, I believe the 9G 50" 1080p Pioneer Kuro will be well worth the wait. If not, the current 8G 1080p 50" is the best that you can buy.

Bish '06 RRS S/C Bonatti Grey/Ebony/Cherry with RSE; PTI; Electronic Rear Diff and Sirius Sat Radio.

Post #161903 Thu Mar 27 2008 4:37pm
Kaine

United Kingdom 

Bish,

Q. As you sound like you know a lot about the latest 9G screens - are any of the screens being manufactured by NEC production facilities at all?

Kaine

Post #161918 Thu Mar 27 2008 4:53pm
Steve in germany

Germany 

3 months ago I bought the Samsung 46 LCD LE46F86BDX. 46 I feel is just about right size, but it had far the best picture from all sources HD & non HD. 1080p 3 HDMI on side and rear, game mode, realy is the dogs! It's mounted on a 7even systems vertibra 4 stand which looks great, stainless steel pole with 3 glass shelves. Speed Limits! not where I live!

Back in a D3

Did have: RRS TDV8 2008.5MY
Did have: Q7 3.0TDi S-Line/Tech/Comms pack
Did Have: Disco3 HSE

Post #161958 Thu Mar 27 2008 10:00pm
anthony-apl

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

[quote]PauloAmore

Thu Mar 27 2008 4:02pm
You are correct on the screen front. I read that yesterday.

50" looks masssive! You got it in a large room?

I'm going to fit in the corner of my lounge, to the left of the chiney breast, on a wall mount.

Anyone any ideas on how I can keep the Xbox, Blu Ray, Sky etc boxes well away from the telly? Does the Pioneer have an external box for the AV inputs that would allow just one long cable to the telly? [quote]

Paulomore if you are in the market for a wall mount i have a quality barkan one that will take upto a 65" screen and can be padlocked to the back plate Thumbs Up bought it for my new philips ambilight but decided not to use it

this is the one http://www.av4u.co.uk/index.php?method=sho...ollid=8131

make me an offer (£200 RRP) looking for about £60 Whistle

Anthony 16 model year yulong white autobiography
Bentley continental GTC
2011 VW Transporter T5 Kombi 140BHP with sport line kit for work

15 model year black RRS HSE gone
11MY Fuji White 3.0 TDV6 HSE
Ivory premium leather
Ebony contrast stitching
Extended leather pack
Anigra Wood now gone

08MY Range Rover Sport TDV6 GONE

Post #161961 Thu Mar 27 2008 10:35pm
lemm

2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Vesuvius Orange

Quote:

exactly where i have mine... i have a sony KDL40W2000 mounted on a Vogel bracket (http://www.av4home.co.uk/acatalog/Vogels_E...l_Arm.html). Perfect for mounting nxt to a chimney breat. When TV is not in use we can push the TV back against the wall (so as not to dominate the small room), then when we want to use the TV we can pull it out and adjust the angle dependant upon the number of people in the room.

re: external box for av... i have an AV selector (http://www.audiovisualonline.co.uk/dynamic...rowse.html). if you buy one decent cable (£60-80/m) to go from the TV to the switching box, then £10-£20/m between the switching box and your devices, you will be pleased with the results. I have a V+ Box, PS3, DVD/HD Rec & Xbox360 running through mine, all of which provide fantastic viewing. RRS First Edition S/C, Vesuvius Orange, Rear Entertainment, Alpine TUE-T200DV, Stormer Alloys. (+ 19" MTR's for playing in the snow!)

Post #161967 Thu Mar 27 2008 11:25pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Kaine

United Kingdom 

or you could even PM me for a wall mount at under £30 Whistle

Post #161995 Fri Mar 28 2008 8:16am
Jonny Fresh

England 

I have just invested in a 60" LG and it is awesome.

Post #162061 Fri Mar 28 2008 12:19pm
Josh

United Kingdom 

Kaine wrote:
Bish,

Q. As you sound like you know a lot about the latest 9G screens - are any of the screens being manufactured by NEC production facilities at all?

Kaine

I recently heard that Pioneer are not going to make anymore inhouse plasmas after the 9G Big Cry

So may have to upgrade before that happens. TDV6 - gone
TDV8 - gone
Audi Q5 3.0 Tdi Sline wef 6/11/10

Post #162242 Fri Mar 28 2008 7:44pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>