RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Suggestions for improvments
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

Smarticus

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red
Suggestions for improvments

As a new owner and a still a big fan of the Sport, I can however think of a few improvements that Land Rover should consider for the 2007 model.

I think there is a big flaw with the interior of the RRS in that there isn't a decent clock. The only time piece is on the radio readout screen. As this is well off line of sight, and pretty unclear even then, I would rate it about 2 out of 10. Ford Ka's have a substantially better time piece at less than 20% of the price ! What makes it worse is that when you are using the PTI telephone the clock disappears althogether, so you cannot even discuss the time with the person on the phone. Does anyone else agree this is a design flaw and has anyone any suggestions for a fix ? A clock in the dash board read out screen (which appears to me to be underused anyway) would seem like one possible improvement. I wonder how hard it would be for that to be reprogrammed to include a time piece.

Also I think the on board computer should have the ability to read out time elapsed since engine start.

A sun glasses storage case would be good (like on the RR)

The drink carrier space on the centre console should have various shaped inserts to allow people like me who dont carry big mugs of boiling hot coffee in the car to use it to store other shaped items.

Post #8339 Mon Dec 19 2005 11:00pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Quote:
What makes it worse is that when you are using the PTI telephone the clock disappears althogether, so you cannot even discuss the time with the person on the phone. Does anyone else agree this is a design flaw and has anyone any suggestions for a fix ?

Totally agree with the above. As for the drinks holder - do you have the removable bits? I know that they are still round but you can fit a lot of stiuff in the centre console. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #8340 Mon Dec 19 2005 11:06pm
djsaad1

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

I agree with the clock, when you are using the cell phone through bluetooth there is no way to find out the time

Post #8343 Mon Dec 19 2005 11:16pm
jonathan-woss

United Kingdom 

I find the hown positioned incowwectly.

It's ok fow beeping bye bye to the family but on two occasions in a close emewgency when wapid wawning is wequiwed, I have changed channels on the wadio instead!

Post #8346 Tue Dec 20 2005 12:29am
acole10000

United States 2010 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Stornoway Grey

One of the cool features in my old GMC Denali was miles driven each day and top speed, you could go back 15 days.

Once we went to Swiss Hotel Drake in Manhattan NY - parked the car on Friday with the hotel valet, and picked the car up on Sunday - The computer on the car showed 280 miles on Saturday - know how do ya think that happened - some poor valet was fired and the hotel paid me $960 for usage of car and a gave us free weekend stay. 

Post #8348 Tue Dec 20 2005 1:43am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Yeah, valet parking's all well and good until someone takes advantage of that car park full of temptation! Mad Agree on the clock comment though, it's a rubbish place to have the clock and the fact it disappears when you're on the phone is even more ridiculous. 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #8362 Tue Dec 20 2005 11:01am
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey

Re the clock, Yes I agree too, but surely you wear a watch? L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #8364 Tue Dec 20 2005 11:30am
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Actually I don't, no... Wink I either have a mobile phone on me or I'm sitting in front of a computer with the clock in the system tray. I haven't worn a watch in years. 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #8365 Tue Dec 20 2005 11:33am
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

shmoogle wrote:
Actually I don't, no... Wink I either have a mobile phone on me or I'm sitting in front of a computer with the clock in the system tray. I haven't worn a watch in years.

Me too! 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #8386 Tue Dec 20 2005 1:29pm
Mr Bean

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Bonatti Grey

Agree that the clock is a waste, in fact I've only just spotted it the other day! better on Freelanders and old RR,
A sunglasses box would be ace!
Horn is in a poor position, it needs to be a bit nearer your thumb, similar the window switches, about 2 inches too far away, and the indicator stalk often too easily switches on main beam at night when indicating. Also the stereo switches would be better on a stalk as turning down the stereo when stopped on a roundabout for example is tricky with the controls upside down.
As for the lack of curry hook and annoying over-sensitive seatbelt warning, simply place curry bag on passenger seat, secure and fasten seatbelt and select position 2 on the curry warmer!
It is still probably the best layout compared with other Land Rovers I've had before.
Oh yes I forgot is it just me or is it a real tight squeeze getting your right arm (UK of course) into the door storage compartments and operate the seat position switches?

Post #8446 Wed Dec 21 2005 12:07am
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

Quote:
Oh yes I forgot is it just me or is it a real tight squeeze getting your right arm (UK of course) into the door storage compartments and operate the seat position switches?

No it's not just you. I like the curry heater bit Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #8447 Wed Dec 21 2005 12:22am
Smarticus

RRUK wrote:
Re the clock, Yes I agree too, but surely you wear a watch?

As a Management Consltant I have been accused of "borrowing my client's watch to tell them the time". I was rather hoping that after spending the best part of £50k on the RRS it would tell me the time, without needing to use my own watch .......

Post #8459 Wed Dec 21 2005 8:38am
Smarticus

Mr Bean wrote:
annoying over-sensitive seatbelt warning,

The seat belt warning "Bong, Bong, Bong" can be easily (and permanently) turned off you know.... Its the first job I did in my RRS before I'd even left the dealer's forecourt.

Post #8460 Wed Dec 21 2005 8:41am
Frank

United Kingdom 

Guys,
This sort of customer research would cost Land Rover tens of thousands of pounds.
It's usually very hard and expensive to get hold of and top brand name companies pay fortunes for quality info like this direct from the end users or in this case the test guineas.
The site is either run by Land Rover (or dealers because it's also very useful for them) or they should be charged for viewing, but how?? not possible.
I would be in favour of paying an annual joining fee but I guess members may reduce or not expand as quickly as if free but at least they'd be more serious and quality members, maybe?
There appears recently a few members joining for free advertising or publicity or even just offering their services, not really a problem as Finacial Consultants can be helpful to us and the sill plates would be difficult to locate elsewhere etc.. but there is only Turbo Chip playing fair and, presumably, paying any fees.

Post #8471 Wed Dec 21 2005 11:10am
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

Frank wrote:
Guys,
This sort of customer research would cost Land Rover tens of thousands of pounds.
It's usually very hard and expensive to get hold of and top brand name companies pay fortunes for quality info like this direct from the end users or in this case the test guineas.
The site is either run by Land Rover (or dealers because it's also very useful for them) or they should be charged for viewing, but how?? not possible.
I would be in favour of paying an annual joining fee but I guess members may reduce or not expand as quickly as if free but at least they'd be more serious and quality members, maybe?
There appears recently a few members joining for free advertising or publicity or even just offering their services, not really a problem as Finacial Consultants can be helpful to us and the sill plates would be difficult to locate elsewhere etc.. but there is only Turbo Chip playing fair and, presumably, paying any fees.

Frank - I think a joining fee would not be a good thing for this site, however I am a member of various other forums who take a voluntary fee from members and that seems to work well. If Martin needs cash to run this site I would dip into my pocket and give him 20p Very Happy 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #8474 Wed Dec 21 2005 11:35am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>