RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Lisence plate - if you could choose. I maybe can.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

RRSportest

Estonia 
Lisence plate - if you could choose. I maybe can.

Hi,

I am getting my RR Sport and have an opportunity to choose whatever lisence plate (three digits and three letters). I have made my choice (888 RRS), but before I order it - just curios: what would you go for? TDV6 Java Black Alpaca Leather and some extras

Post #8316 Mon Dec 19 2005 6:42pm
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey

How about 400BHP? L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #8318 Mon Dec 19 2005 6:48pm
RRSportest

Estonia 

That's a really good one, but the only problem is that mine won't have as many, but maybe it doesn't matter. Thanks, I will sleep on this idea. TDV6 Java Black Alpaca Leather and some extras

Post #8321 Mon Dec 19 2005 7:33pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

How about 159 ort (1 SPORT) 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #8421 Tue Dec 20 2005 6:37pm
Smarticus

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

Out of interest, there are lots of number plates available in the UK with "RRS" letters for only £245. The "RR55 RRS" plate is available for £494 as are numerous other "Letter, Number, Number RRS" formats ......

Post #8462 Wed Dec 21 2005 8:51am
RRSportest

Estonia 

Smarticus wrote:
Out of interest, there are lots of number plates available in the UK with "RRS" letters for only £245. The "RR55 RRS" plate is available for £494 as are numerous other "Letter, Number, Number RRS" formats ......

I just wanted to check others opinions and get ideas. I have a feeling you thought I was boasting or something. Wrong. TDV6 Java Black Alpaca Leather and some extras

Post #8519 Wed Dec 21 2005 3:07pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

nah not at all mate, fair played, i wish we had that kind of system over here!

I would have KAM 100 on mine or something, but saying that, sometimes i wish i just had my initials on my plate, as sometimes you don't want your plate to be so memorable, i.e. when you're crossing public fields - read previoud thread! hehe..

I have something something KAM on my plate right now, but will most probably get another with just my initials at some point when i can afford an expensive plate.
1 KS would be nice! hehe..

In pakistan i have heard it costs £25 a digit for your plate, then £125 a year to keep it registered, you have to register your car through Karachi and then you are free to move it wherever you want. Obviously over there that is not cheap when your earning in Rupees, but compared to prices here, im amazed, but its not really a big thing over there, just as i know in the US private plates aren't really that popular? Im buying KAM 1 or 1 KAM just for future speculation, as when the market picks up i know there are a lot of Kams out there! plus its good for me too!

Post #8521 Wed Dec 21 2005 3:56pm
thebishman

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Bonatti Grey

Kam,
Here in Kansas a personalised plate costs a one time fee of $44. My current plate is RNGERVR which I transferred from my '03 RR. I will probably change the plate to RRS SC when my yearly registration comes around in March.
Bish

Post #8523 Wed Dec 21 2005 4:28pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

thats crazy!!
im very jealous, but saying that like i said before in different countries and cultures private plates hold different opinions..
here is a DVLA UK search on prices that KAM combination plates have sold for:

http://www.dvla-som.co.uk/home/en/Search/p...mp;start=0

someone mention rip off britain before?
these are auction prices, so depends how bad the guys/gals wanted them.

if you buy a normalish plate, i.e. either known as prefix plate where it would be like this:

A1 KAM or A11 KAM or A111 KAM they start at £250 and sell for whatever DVLA think they can get for them, also can search for these on www.dvla-som.co.uk

or the new style plates which now look like this:

BA05 KAM where the B = Birmingham, the A is another region identifier to originating area of plate within birmingham. Then 05 = between march 05-aug 31st 05 and then 3 random letters.

Then BA55 KAM where 55 = half way through 05 so: Sept 1 05 through to March 1st 06 when 06 number will take over.

Our reg systems are a bit bonkers! You can buy the new style plates but these are harder to spell names etc, so majority still prefer the old styles.

Post #8524 Wed Dec 21 2005 4:40pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

Just noticed your a newbie, Bishman.
Welcome to RRsport.co.uk
You said you've just got ur RRs, whats the spec and colour and what version did you get? pics are always good for us to all look over!

Can i be the first to reccomend the RRsport.co.uk sticker for your back window from Martin (site Mod)
and the Tasmod Door Sill Plates from member Tasmod, available through ebay/paypal.
Its a worthwhile forum this one, as im sure you'll agree soon enough.

Post #8525 Wed Dec 21 2005 4:45pm
RRSportest

Estonia 

I saw my RRS for the first time today..... the waiting time has been sooooo long that it looked very very very very impressive indeed. Now the grill (I half accidentally bought a chromed one on ebay) and vents, tint the windows, change the badges, side steps and ready we are. And the plate will be 888 RRS. I chose 888 as my girlfriends BMW has the same combination.

The only problem is that the dealer by mistake forgot the Cherry and they will order the pieces and change later. Does someone know how difficult it is to change them? TDV6 Java Black Alpaca Leather and some extras

Post #8528 Wed Dec 21 2005 5:10pm
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey

thebishman wrote:
Kam,
Here in Kansas a personalised plate costs a one time fee of $44. My current plate is RNGERVR which I transferred from my '03 RR. I will probably change the plate to RRS SC when my yearly registration comes around in March.
Bish

Hey Bish,

Nice to see you here, please frequent our little gathering, we're a good bunch of people here!

Merry Christmas to you. L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #8532 Wed Dec 21 2005 5:19pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

RRSportest wrote:
I saw my RRS for the first time today..... the waiting time has been sooooo long that it looked very very very very impressive indeed. Now the grill (I half accidentally bought a chromed one on ebay) and vents, tint the windows, change the badges, side steps and ready we are. And the plate will be 888 RRS. I chose 888 as my girlfriends BMW has the same combination.

The only problem is that the dealer by mistake forgot the Cherry and they will order the pieces and change later. Does someone know how difficult it is to change them?

Shouldn't be too much of a prob, i had the wood removed from mine, and the silver trim brought back to dealer finish, took them an afternoon before i had it delivered, so no problem really.
Saying that, i have a wood set at home, for the dashboard and glove box trims, if anyone wants them, give me a shout another one of them items in my garage which will never come in useful im sure!

Post #8536 Wed Dec 21 2005 5:30pm
thebishman

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Bonatti Grey

Thanks for the welcome guys. I've been reading here for a while and only registered today. I am active on the rangerovers.net forum and have been for a while.

My RRS S/C is now close to 2 months old and is a loaded US spec except for the ACC, which is no use to me. It's Bonatti Grey/Ebony and is a very nice colour combo. (My '03 RR was Zambezi Silver so I wanted a change when I ordered the RRS).

You fellow Brits, (I'm an ex-pat btw), will be sick to know that it cost me $75500 which means we in the US can buy a loaded S/C model for approximately 43K GBP at current X-change rates. So far it has been fantastic except for three minor issues which I will have attended to when I have the oil/filter changed at 2500 miles.

The only 'mods' are the 3M film to protect the front of the car from stone chips; tinted front windows @ 20%, and Rob's fantastic sill plates which I picked up from my Mum's house while I was in the UK a month ago.

A great site here. I hope to learn much and contribute a little. (BTW, how does one have one's car spec always show up at the bottom of one's post?)
Bish

Post #8561 Wed Dec 21 2005 11:34pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Hey Bishman,

Welcome to the forum! Sounds like a very nice spec car you have there - even if it did cost you what I paid for my diesel HSE!! Shocked To answer your question: people have simply set up signatures in their profiles to show the rest of us what it is they are driving around in. Go to the "Profile" link in the orange menu bar at the top of the screen and fill in the Signature field in the Profile Information section. You can also fill in several other bits of info in your profile which will be displayed alongside your posts underneath your name. Hope that helps! Smile 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #8562 Wed Dec 21 2005 11:45pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>