Home > General > Say "Tata" to Ford then
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
Say "Tata" to Ford then

This posting has just appeared on the LandRoverNet forums

Quote:
Ford Motor could announce an agreement for the sale of Jaguar and Land Rover to Tata Motors by the middle of next week, Tata having secured a $3bn one-year loan for the deal from Citigroup and JPMorgan, sources close to the deal said yesterday, as reported by Automotive News Europe.
The paper says that Tata is also believed to need finance to help fund the start-up of assembly for the Nano low cost car it plans to launch in India in the second half of this year.
 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #160919 Fri Mar 21 2008 11:05am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Cornelius Vermuyden

England 

Indeed so, it was in the FT two days ago where the almost certain future co-operation with FIAT was flagged up. Smile

Ratan Tata sits on the FIAT board AAMOI

Post #160994 Sat Mar 22 2008 1:20am
Tim in Scotland

Freelander2 gets Panda power or a Masser powered RRS! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #161009 Sat Mar 22 2008 11:04am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

Just as long as LR don't adopt Fiat build quality! Shocked Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad
Joint runner up - 2009 Outstanding Contribution Award Sad
WINNER - 2008 ‘Best Thread’ Award – Beautiful Women Of The World Very Happy
Runner Up - 2008 Comedian Of The Year Award Sad
Runner Up - 2008’s Funniest Incident Sad

06 RRS TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony, PTI, Running Boards, Privacy, S/C Grille/Vents, Stormers, Tasmods - GONE - Surprised(

Post #161018 Sat Mar 22 2008 12:15pm
MX

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Java Black

2 diffs in a week in my D3 last month indicate they may already be heading that way Shocked RRS TDV6 SE Java Black +towpack +tintent +Permagrin

What a difference between this and my old Disco3
Formerly mxgeldar7

Post #161113 Sun Mar 23 2008 2:04pm
Pelyma

England 

Cornelius Vermuyden wrote:
Indeed so, it was in the FT two days ago where the almost certain future co-operation with FIAT was flagged up. Smile

Ratan Tata sits on the FIAT board AAMOI

This was denied a few weeks ago Porsche Cayenne S Diesel 66 Plate

Post #161154 Sun Mar 23 2008 9:18pm
ayates

United States 2007 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Buckingham Blue

Surprised JPMorgan have cash as they just increased their bid for Bear Stearns Bank (US version of Northern Rock mess) here in the US.... well perhaps the interest TATA will pay may help there. Brit across the Pond Wink
07 TATA (LR) RRS SuperVindaloocharged, Buckingham Blue, Stormers, TPMS, Sunroof, Rear Difflock,PDC front & rear, Privacy, Rear twin DVD, premium ice, mudflaps, premium Ivory leather, lined oak, PTI, Sat Radio.

Post #161257 Mon Mar 24 2008 6:31pm
Tim in Scotland

I've just heard that the shareholders of Bear Stearns have whinged about how little they got for their shares...... I thought was how the cookie crumbles, company goes down the tubes so you don't get much for it, company is doing well and the shares are worth a fortune. Anyway JPM have increased their offer to $10 a share now to keep them quiet - pretty generous offer seeing as this time last week they were only going to get $2 for each for each share. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #161258 Mon Mar 24 2008 6:36pm
Kaine

United Kingdom 

Tim in Scotland wrote:
I've just heard that the shareholders of Bear Stearns have whinged about how little they got for their shares.......

more like one particular shareholder

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/busi...607753.ece

personally I cant see a problem with the Tata deal myself - Tata coorporation are very cash rich and are probably underwriting the whole deal (only my hunch though - no evidence to back this up)

Post #161259 Mon Mar 24 2008 6:39pm
Tim in Scotland

While I appreciate that nobody was going to let Bear Stearns go down the tubes, surely Mr Lewis and his like should have been aware of the risky business that the company they owned was in. After all to have lost $1billion on the shares he must have been a pretty major shareholder and had a seat on the board? Isn't there an old saying - you've got to take the rough with the smooth.............................. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #161261 Mon Mar 24 2008 6:47pm
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

The idiocy of some of the financial institutions and the people who (Mis)manage them never ceases to amaze me.

I trade Eurodollar for a living for us and friends/family and know the inherent risks of doing so, so keep everything under a very tight reign.

Why the hell do others not do the same when managing much bigger funds than I do?

No wonder the global economy is heading for meltdown! Rolling Eyes Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad
Joint runner up - 2009 Outstanding Contribution Award Sad
WINNER - 2008 ‘Best Thread’ Award – Beautiful Women Of The World Very Happy
Runner Up - 2008 Comedian Of The Year Award Sad
Runner Up - 2008’s Funniest Incident Sad

06 RRS TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony, PTI, Running Boards, Privacy, S/C Grille/Vents, Stormers, Tasmods - GONE - Surprised(

Post #161322 Mon Mar 24 2008 9:56pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1