RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Seat position - AGAIN!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 5 12345>

will_wonka

United Kingdom 
Seat position - AGAIN!!

Rolling Eyes

Ok, I know this has been asked before and I think by me at some point, but is it me or does the seat not go down low enough??? I am getting serious neck ache now.

My car DOES have the sunroof option and I class my driving style as relaxed, although not Snoop Doggy style Shocked

I got so irritated tonight that I went for a (much needed) haircut to alleviate the slight brushing of my bouffant. I have come from the "hairdressers" looking like Yul Brynner Shocked and still my head trying to mate with the headlining. Big Cry Big Cry

I have had a look at the mechanism and alas it looks complicated, enough so that I would not like to have a go at hacking metal myself to try and get a lower position. I would say that I only need 1/2 inch to an inch......has anyone else had the same issue or got a fix??

At this rate, I will need manipulation by some fine filly in the near future to correct my neck issues!! Mr. Green

I am a mere 6'1 (tall), so no giant, not by today's standards anyway. Big Cry L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

5 series for the miles Smile

RRS S/C factory built HST - Gone

45 others have been and gone!

Post #160545 Wed Mar 19 2008 12:42am
Jimmy_75000

France 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I am taller then you (6'1 is about 1m85 I think; I am 1m92), have a sunroof in my car and don't have any problem at all....Are you sur that your seat is at its lowest? Range Rover Vogue ‘17 TDV6

Gone: Range Rover Vogue '11 4.4TDV8, Range Rover Sport ‘59, Range Rover Sport ‘56

Post #160566 Wed Mar 19 2008 11:36am
TB

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Arctic Frost

Will, don't get carried away and start messing with the seat bolts or the position the seat is bolted to. These vehicles have to go through some really vigerous crash testing to ensure that the seats are secure and safe during any potential collision.

If you tamper with the seat securing points you could be putting yourself and/or any passengers in danger. Arctic Frost TDV6 SE. Aspen Leather, Cherry Wood, Privacy Glass, PTI, Tow Pack, Mudflaps, Tasmods, a new Fuelflap, a RRSport.co.uk umbrella in the boot & a RRSport.co.uk sticker on the rear glass.

Some people accuse me of thinking the world revolves around me, but I'm not stupid . . . I know it revolves around the sun. Which shines out of my @rse!!!

Post #160573 Wed Mar 19 2008 12:03pm
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

Hmmm, the seat will not go any lower and yet my head is almost touching the roof line....I am really conscious of it now and i think I am compensating by keeping my neck stooped (hence the neck pain) whilst driving.

If you are taller and you also have a roof, I am beginning to wonder of my seat is faulty?? L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

Post #160575 Wed Mar 19 2008 12:36pm
Rupert

Ireland 

I've the same problem Sad

I always know when I'm due a haircut, as I can feel the brushing off the headlining Rolling Eyes

Post #160578 Wed Mar 19 2008 1:01pm
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

So, in summary, it looks as if you may have to be an umpa lumpa to be satisfied.

So with me at 6'1, how can someone at 6'4 be happy??

I have just spoken to the stealer and am going up now as it is too irritating to leave. Will report back short(ly). L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

Post #160579 Wed Mar 19 2008 1:23pm
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

Jimmy_75000 wrote:
I am taller then you (6'1 is about 1m85 I think; I am 1m92), have a sunroof in my car and don't have any problem at all....Are you sur that your seat is at its lowest?

Ok, so have been to test another car and the seat is deffo in the lowest position. Without the sunroof there is a slight improvement, with it...... Big Cry

Jimmy_75000 - if u are 1.92m (6'3) how much room do you have between the top of your head and the roof lining?? Are we atlking a rizla paper or is there 1 inch plus??

I have to wear a helmet in mine on Friday this week, but considering the less than half an inch gap WITHOUT helmet, I may have to cancel!! Big Cry L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

Post #160609 Wed Mar 19 2008 4:40pm
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

TB wrote:
Will, don't get carried away and start messing with the seat bolts or the position the seat is bolted to. These vehicles have to go through some really vigerous crash testing to ensure that the seats are secure and safe during any potential collision.

If you tamper with the seat securing points you could be putting yourself and/or any passengers in danger.

Noted TB and after today's conversation with the stealer, it seems others have asked the same question, so at least I am not alone.

They have raised it to LR as an issue, so looks like I will be stuck with it!!

I am now having serious second thoughts regarding my new order for the 5.0 when it is announced as Censored if I am driving around uncomfortably and more to the point if you want to do a track day or airfield day with a helmet, anyone over 5'10 seems Censored .

Previous FFRR and BMW X5 had much better adjustment and in the BMW, if anything, it went too low!! Shocked , was nice to have the choice though.

Anyone would think I had only had the car a few months, but only recently have I relised the crap Volvo seat adjustment......its the fact that a) my neck hurts and b) I will be unable to do my planned airfeld track day on Fri....the Censored Censored Censored 's!!!

And relax. L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

Post #160654 Wed Mar 19 2008 9:34pm
NYCsport

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Zambezi Silver

Strange. I don't know if the specs are different in North America but I am 6'2" and nowhere even close to the roof lining when driving. Definitely a few inches of clearance.

Post #160679 Thu Mar 20 2008 12:08am
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

Serious? This is getting frustrating........there would be no difference in the height (am pretty sure). Do you have a sunroof? L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

Post #160680 Thu Mar 20 2008 12:20am
Baron

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

will_wonka wrote:
Serious? This is getting frustrating........there would be no difference in the height (am pretty sure). Do you have a sunroof?

Will. Just ran out and sat in my car I am 6'1" and I have a good 2" clearance above my sweed. Not sure where seat is set?? My mate is 6'3" and has driven my car a few times (loves it) but he does drive a long way back and canted backwards. Sometimes I think he is asleep Rolling with laughter .

I tried a 2.8i Capri years ago and the sunroof was a problem for me. I wanted the car but was not available without sunroof. Decided against buying one because of it.

BTW mine has no sunroof.

Baron  SDV8 vogue SE.
Corris grey and ivory leather + most of the toys.
Limited edition RRS model number 0001 Smile
Gone TDV8 RR Sport. Never to be forgotten.

Wife has an i8 BMW

Post #160683 Thu Mar 20 2008 1:16am
2nd Rower

Australia 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Chawton White

I'm 6'7", that's as near as damn it 2.0m in new money, and i fit perfectly okay. The seating position was the first thing i tried in my first visit to the stealers as that will often rule a car straight out for me when I'm buying.

I have the factory sunroof, and fit in just under this without being uncomfortable whatsoever. I'm more comfortable than I have been in all of the previous coupes I have. in fact I absolutely love the 'command driving position', a lot better than the new X5 which i also tried which made me think I was driving a van. Worth noting that I'm bald so do not need to worry about a bouffant adding extra inches to my height and scraping the roof.

i recall once being in a friends VW Scirroco and needing to have the sunroof open for me to fit in without having my head at 45 degrees to my neck!

Post #160686 Thu Mar 20 2008 3:23am
umbertob

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Chawton White

Sorry if it's off topic Will, but your new passport picture is ready for pickup at the store:

Post #160688 Thu Mar 20 2008 8:08am
Kaine

United Kingdom 

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post #160690 Thu Mar 20 2008 8:40am
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Laughing Laughing

I'm 6'4" and had plenty of headroom too. I know a few that are shorter than me have complained of headroom problems.... Confused Let us know what the dealer reckoned... 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #160691 Thu Mar 20 2008 9:51am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 5 12345>