RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Santa has arrived
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

Smarticus

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red
Santa has arrived

Santa delivered my RRS TDv6 HSE Rimini Red / Black Leather / Cherry Wood today. She looks fabulous and I am delighted with my choice of colour and spec. Already fitted the sill protectors and they look fab.

There is a lot to work out how to use as I have never had sat nav, PTI, voice activation, memory seats etc etc before. But where to start ? I am crap at reading manuals......

We also have a Disco 3 and first impressions are that the vehicles have a great deal in common. The Sport however feels noticeably less responsive (hopefully just due to a tight new engine) and road impefections are significantly more apparent through the chassis and steering column. Our Disco has 18" Goodyear tyres and the Sport has 19" Pirellis.

A couple of immediate questions though :

Is there really not a rubber floor mat that covers the transmission tunnel area in front of the rear seats ? The floor mats supplied just cover the floor area in front of the side seats and nothing in front of the centre seat. Kids with muddy wellies are going to wreeck havoc on there.....

I am surprised that the drivers seat doesn't go back further. I am a mere 6 foot (but long legged and long armed) and I would have hoped to be able to get the seat back a couple more inches......

Where do you buy the phone cradles and is it a "self fit" part? I hadn't realised that PTI didn't include a cradle and I cannot work out how to get my old Nokia 6310i to work on a bluetooth setting with the vehicle...... I probably need to replace this phone as it is an antique - which other current phones work best with the PTI ?

Has anyone "de-badged" their car. I would rather remove the badges on the rear door (Land Rover, HSE and Sport) as I thing they make the back look too busy. Is that an easy job, or is there a risk of damaging the paint ?

Post #8224 Sat Dec 17 2005 1:24pm
Biggles

England 
Re: Santa has arrived

Smarticus wrote:
Santa delivered my RRS TDv6 HSE Rimini Red / Black Leather / Cherry Wood today. She looks fabulous and I am delighted with my choice of colour and spec. Already fitted the sill protectors and they look fab.

There is a lot to work out how to use as I have never had sat nav, PTI, voice activation, memory seats etc etc before. But where to start ? I am crap at reading manuals......

We also have a Disco 3 and first impressions are that the vehicles have a great deal in common. The Sport however feels noticeably less responsive (hopefully just due to a tight new engine) and road impefections are significantly more apparent through the chassis and steering column. Our Disco has 18" Goodyear tyres and the Sport has 19" Pirellis.

A couple of immediate questions though :

Is there really not a rubber floor mat that covers the transmission tunnel area in front of the rear seats ? The floor mats supplied just cover the floor area in front of the side seats and nothing in front of the centre seat. Kids with muddy wellies are going to wreeck havoc on there.....

I am surprised that the drivers seat doesn't go back further. I am a mere 6 foot (but long legged and long armed) and I would have hoped to be able to get the seat back a couple more inches......

Where do you buy the phone cradles and is it a "self fit" part? I hadn't realised that PTI didn't include a cradle and I cannot work out how to get my old Nokia 6310i to work on a bluetooth setting with the vehicle...... I probably need to replace this phone as it is an antique - which other current phones work best with the PTI ?

Has anyone "de-badged" their car. I would rather remove the badges on the rear door (Land Rover, HSE and Sport) as I thing they make the back look too busy. Is that an easy job, or is there a risk of damaging the paint ?

The cradles are purchased from the land rover dealers unlike mercedes who used to supply you with a new phone and cradle.
I would have hope that your dealer told you the pairing code, which is 1212 or 2121 cant wuite remember.
The nokia 6310 seems to work the best and land rover are very slow at updating with new cradles for the current new model phones. If I remember correctly the 6310i is not yet supported fro full compatibility even with the cradle.
No thier is no mat produced that covers the tunnel yet.
As for the leg space I am 6' 1" tall and have no problems with leg space but have noticed that in the sports with no sunroof head room space is much better.
Any way enjoy the new car, sounds nice. Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #8225 Sat Dec 17 2005 1:46pm
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey

Yup, cradle not supplied and sold to you for £80 is a bit mean, I reckon the Nokia 6230 is a safe bet, albeit not a new phone.

The transmission tunnel thing is also a crap point however I solved that in mine by going into Wilkinson hardware and bought a plain rubber mat for 67p and have fit this under the two side mats, not perfect but it does the job and cheaply.

To debadge a car it's not hard and won't damage the paint, can be done either with hot water to soften the adhesive or a hair dryer, once it is warmed up simply use something like an old credit card or fishing line to sever it from the paint, then use polish to clean up the area. Will take you about 10 minutes I reckon.

Enjoy and post some pics soon! L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #8227 Sat Dec 17 2005 5:46pm
PaulB

England 

Hi,
This is my first post on here as I've been keeping quiet until I collect mine, should be early this coming week.
However, on the point of the Nokia 6310i, I have the same phone and it worked fine when I had an RRS demonstrator for a few hours. Simply "asked" the phone to look for new audio devices, found the "Landrover", entered the 2121 code and that was it.
I'll shut up again now until I get mine Wink

Paul

Post #8228 Sat Dec 17 2005 6:16pm
RRUK

Yes I believe via bluetooth it will work ok, however LR have yet to make a cradle for it to plug into the PTI system, making it a 'hard' connection. This should come soon.

If your car is not specced with PTI then it's not a worry anyway! L319 D4 HSE

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #8229 Sat Dec 17 2005 6:46pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

when i got my car in Aug, my current phone at the time was 6310i which i used to use in my previous Bmw's with their cradle.
This phone worked very well (without cradle) and i only upgraded to my K750i (Sony Ericsson) as my friends started calling my old phone a cordless!

The SE phone works perfectly too, and i don't think i'll bother buying the cradle for £100 something, until i see one for cheaper on ebay or something!

Post #8233 Sat Dec 17 2005 7:19pm
scorpio

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Rimini Red
well done, great choice of colour

same as I have, iI am only 5-7", and I find the seats will not go back far enough, There was a post about removing thge badges, using dental floss, as they are only stuck on Still apart from a few niggles, I am sure that youwill enjoy a great vehicle,,. My grand children just love sitting in the back, and leave there foot prints all over the rear seats and tunnel , but can livr with that. Enjoy the car !!!!!!!

Post #8234 Sat Dec 17 2005 7:53pm
Smarticus

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

After 12 hours of ownership I am gradually clawing my way up the learning curve. Have now sussed out how to conect the Nokia via Bluetooth (which was actually only hard because the phone itself was far from clear about how to "Search for devices"). What we definitely haven't sussed is the sat nav or the voice control. The voice control refuses to understand a single instruction (much to the initial amusement of wife and daughter although after a while they got fed up and started shouting at the car !). I do have a "slight" Geordie accent, but surely even I can say "CD on" in the queen's english -- what could be wrong ? And as for the Sat Nav ....... we drove into town today (to see King Kong !) and used the sat nav. It initially told us to go the "long way" so having taken our normal route the system persisted on telling me to turn around and head off in some totally wrong direction for the rest of the journey. Even when we got to where we had programmed it to take us it was still insisting we had to turn around (by taking the fourth exit at every roundabout). The result of all of this is that wife and daughter think the car looks and drives great, but they think dad has wasted their inheritence on all sorts of rubbish electronic toys that are good for nothing. Surely they must be wrong .... aren't they ???? Shocked

Post #8240 Sat Dec 17 2005 10:06pm
d3matt

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Bonatti Grey

Smarticus,

To debadge a car, apparantly the way to do it is with a hair dryer and some dental floss. Never done it myself though. Matt
-------------------------------------------
RRS ownership for 1 yr, then D3 for 2 yrs. Then cut back to old bangers and working my way back up through two Peugeots in 6 months. Now got Saab 9-5 2.3t and enjoying the performance!

Post #8241 Sun Dec 18 2005 12:27am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
gribnau

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Buckingham Blue

I debadged my HSE with indeed just some dental floss - didn't use a dryer - - Robert

2006 Mercedes SL55 AMG - Black Opal
2005 Porsche Carrera 997 - Artic Silver
2006 Range Rover Sport V8 - Buckingham Blue

Post #8242 Sun Dec 18 2005 6:02am
RRUK

Re: well done, great choice of colour

scorpio wrote:
same as I have, iI am only 5-7", and I find the seats will not go back far enough,

I am amazed people say this as I am just over 6 foot and have no issue with the seats, try the seat up or down more, as this has an effect on the way your legs sit in the seating position and therefore your comfort.

Moving from a non 4wd to the armchair position can also feel odd at first, give it time, you'll love it! L319 D4 HSE

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #8267 Mon Dec 19 2005 10:35am
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Smarticus wrote:
And as for the Sat Nav ....... we drove into town today (to see King Kong !) and used the sat nav. It initially told us to go the "long way" so having taken our normal route the system persisted on telling me to turn around and head off in some totally wrong direction for the rest of the journey. Even when we got to where we had programmed it to take us it was still insisting we had to turn around (by taking the fourth exit at every roundabout). The result of all of this is that wife and daughter think the car looks and drives great, but they think dad has wasted their inheritence on all sorts of rubbish electronic toys that are good for nothing. Surely they must be wrong .... aren't they ???? Shocked

I too am constantly disappointed with the SatNav... it has a nice interface and some good functions and after a bit of perseverance the voice control bits are useful but I am often left tearing my hair out at the routes it can provide. I often have to resort to setting waypoints to make sure I go in the direction that I want to go, which kind of defeats the object of having the SatNav in the first place. Overall, much preferred the SatNav in my M3, although I know there are others here who would disagree! Confused 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #8268 Mon Dec 19 2005 10:40am
MDP

United Kingdom 

3D graphics would have been nice as well Confused

Never really used satnav much, but had to use it to find an new address that my friends had moved to in Burghfield Common, I knew which way I wanted to go , it gave me 3 options/routes, so I thought I would test it by going most direct route which took me through every little village and backwater possible. Some 30mins longer than I had anticipated it would take me to get there - we arrived. But, I must say I was impressed, It was very accurate and was a direct route ( not fastest etc etc ) all instructions were clear, obvious and well presented. My wife was really impressed & it took us door to door via some of the prettiest villages we have seen in a long time ( very nice frosty morning 2hr drive ) which made a change from simply wacking down the motorways. Meanwhile,in the back, my son was too busy watching his viedes to notice the lovely scenery. 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #8284 Mon Dec 19 2005 12:25pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

MDP wrote:
3D graphics would have been nice as well Confused

There is a 3D view, MDP (such as it is)... you can toggle it between 2D/3D for both left and right hand maps. It's in the Navigations Options screen, if I remember. 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #8299 Mon Dec 19 2005 3:03pm
RRUK

That's true, but its not very 3D-ish! L319 D4 HSE

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #8301 Mon Dec 19 2005 3:11pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>