RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > New Car Tax Bands - HMG Raising Revenue...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>

Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

And Labour have now spun this too - They say Ed Balls didn't say 'So What' he actually said 'Swot' directed at Osborne! Shocked This is now the official version on Parliamentary record - what a farce! 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #159507 Thu Mar 13 2008 10:28am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

What p Censored es me off is that they ALWAYS show a Land Rover product as the antichrist.............. why don't they show a BMW M5 or an Audi RS6 or a Lambo, or any"everyday" perfomance car like a Subaru Impreezza - they are far more polluting than a Land Rover 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #159508 Thu Mar 13 2008 10:29am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Because Tim you are dealing with ignorant people who really have little idea what they are writing about. They write what they are told to write by government pr spin. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #159509 Thu Mar 13 2008 10:31am
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

What makes me laugh is if we don't use the oil someone else will! Globally it makes no difference if the UK try and tax oil users this way. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #159510 Thu Mar 13 2008 10:39am
Tim in Scotland

Just look at China and India................................. imagine what Tata selling millions of Nano's to those in India who couldn't afford a car before now is going to do to oil consumption. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #159511 Thu Mar 13 2008 11:05am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Josh

United Kingdom 

It reminds me of the occasions when I used to visit East Berlin in the days of the Wall and Communism.

Everyone had a Brebantz (not sure if that's spelt right Embarassed ). They all had the same body shape/engine and were only available in 2 or 3 colours. Very eco friendly....not Exclamation

So what colours do you think we will be able to have our Toyota Prius in in the future if our communist government gets its way?

Yes the person who started the enviroment rant has got a lot to answer. But the fact is every car is getting a tax increase apart from the Prius. So this budget is hitting everyone in the pocket. It would be far fairer if it was at the pump and those who do big miles pay more..........but then the Gov wouldn't get enough revenue for their next pay and pension rise.

Britain produces 1-2% of the worlds pollution, most of it caused by the humble cow. If I thought the tax rise would make a difference to global warming/climate change, then I wouldn't mind paying.....but it won't Exclamation

Rant over Exclamation TDV6 - gone
TDV8 - gone
Audi Q5 3.0 Tdi Sline wef 6/11/10

Post #159512 Thu Mar 13 2008 11:16am
Tim in Scotland

Note that there was no tax slapped on marine or aviation fuels............................ the two biggest causes of environmental pollution by transportation we have still get tax free fuel! There is ZERO tax on both! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #159519 Thu Mar 13 2008 11:31am
Endjin

Scotland 

One Question - What type of car does Darling drive? bet it's not a wee electric motor that's kind to the environment. And aren't the Governments cars normally great big engined Armour plated Jag XJ's! Bunch of F Censored ing Hypocrits! 2013 Discovery HSE Luxury - 3.0 SDV6 - Santorini Black
2013 Evoque 5 Door Pure Tech SD4 - Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof (Mrs E's new baby)

GONE - RRS - 3.0 TDV6 HSE - Santorini (2010)
GONE - RRS - 2.7 TDV6 HSE - Java Black (2007)
GONE - Porsche Boxster S - 3.2 - Black

Post #159527 Thu Mar 13 2008 11:58am
Alicatt

Belgium 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Buckingham Blue

Tim in Scotland wrote:
Note that there was no tax slapped on marine or aviation fuels............................ the two biggest causes of environmental pollution by transportation we have still get tax free fuel! There is ZERO tax on both!
It's the same with agricultural disesel, I'll just have to use the International 4x4 tractor for my comuting then, no VED on it either Thumbs Up
Right I'm off to fit the pioneer CD changer to the cab... Mr. Green
PS. I'll be the one at the front of the hold up on the road Rolling with laughter Sheep Sheep Sons of dogs come hither and get flesh
Clan Cameron

Post #159531 Thu Mar 13 2008 12:12pm
Tim in Scotland

And what is worse is that one minister doesn't use a single car to travel he has to travel with his bodyguards in a one or two more cars in a motorcade with motorcycle outriders................................. and none of them is using an LEV or a ZEV oh no they are all in big Jags and on huge BMW bikes. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #159537 Thu Mar 13 2008 1:09pm
Alicatt

Belgium 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Buckingham Blue

Yes, but Tim, we pay for them, Eyebrows dosn't. More un-accountability Evil or Very Mad Sons of dogs come hither and get flesh
Clan Cameron

Post #159541 Thu Mar 13 2008 1:25pm
Endjin

Scotland 

If anyone feels like forming the "Common Sense - Anti Political Correctness - Bash A Tree Hugger, Party" You'd get my vote at the next election Thumbs Up Whistle 2013 Discovery HSE Luxury - 3.0 SDV6 - Santorini Black
2013 Evoque 5 Door Pure Tech SD4 - Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof (Mrs E's new baby)

GONE - RRS - 3.0 TDV6 HSE - Santorini (2010)
GONE - RRS - 2.7 TDV6 HSE - Java Black (2007)
GONE - Porsche Boxster S - 3.2 - Black

Post #159656 Thu Mar 13 2008 9:18pm
Tim in Scotland

If you lead the way we will follow................................... Mr. Green 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #159660 Thu Mar 13 2008 9:40pm
JayMann

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

Yep Thumbs Up

Time to give up the day job Endjin Wink RRS TDV6 Gone but still around
SL55 AMG
760Li Alpina
BMW 535D M Sport
BMW X6 XDrive35D
BMW 320D Coupe M Sport
And A Van For Rex!

WINNER - 2008's Idler Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Comedian Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Funniest Incident

I love boobies i love boobies i love boobies cuz i'm a big kid now! (Come on everybody sing with me you know the words!)

Post #159668 Thu Mar 13 2008 11:35pm
Kaine

United Kingdom 

we all need to buy lower emission cars - its that simple - and if we wont do it ourselves, then the government believe they must force us to do it where it hurts. Personally I couldn't give a Censored how much they want to charge me - I'll pay it - however a huge percentage do and these kinds of taxes will make a change.

I live in the back of beyond and whenever it snows we get blocked in as our roads aren't important - although the RRS is great in these conditions, tbh the old 5 Series and even my Van cope perfectly well. I can say 'I need a big 4x4', but to be honest I'm talking out my arse - I want a 4x4 cos 'I WANT ONE!!!'

Im my personal opinion, the government need to legislate - e.g. ban the import/sale of any cars producing over 200gCo2/km from 2012 - car manufacturers just dont have an incentive at the moment as people like me will buy it anyway - if however the cars aren't for sale then I wont buy them - simple. The government however wont legislate as they wont dare take on the might of 'big business' - instead screw joe public and small business into the ground in the name of 'Environmental issues'.

Personally things like this just makes me work longer to pay for the things I WANT!! I'm a shameless materialistic car fanatic and until it becomes illegal to drive big emission cars, then thats where you'll find me.

Next cars planned: Merc GL420 => AUDI RS5 => .....................................etc etc

Post #159669 Thu Mar 13 2008 11:37pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>