Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Front End Knocking Back In Again And Again
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

wozzer

England 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Zambezi Silver
Front End Knocking Back In Again And Again

Hi Guys :

Once again my car is going to the stealers, it went in last week for constant knocking from front i could not take any more, anyway complete new wishbones and bushes, drove it out of stealers and guess what its back yep the horrible knocking.
its going in tommorow.
since i got it back the first time after new wishbones and bushes i took it on the motorway and it was all over the place difficult to drive and the suspension was non existant, is this normal or have they completly wrecked my car.
its done 24k and now the brake pad light is on and they say it may need new disks, i thought buy a good car and then i would not need to spend as much , mmm not the case.

Anybody had the same problem, i have seen somewhere about the car geometery could this be the problem.

wozzer

Rolling with laughter Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

Post #158210 Tue Mar 04 2008 10:41pm
rrsjo

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

I would suggest taking it to another dealer. Choose one recommended on this forum. Are Hillendale Land Rover at Nelson anywhere near you? They have 'sorted' other cars knocking noise in the past. Gone - 2008 TDV8, Stornoway Grey, ebony, zabrano trim, TV, Tasmods, mudflaps.

Post #158216 Tue Mar 04 2008 11:24pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
wozzer

England 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Zambezi Silver

oh yes

back from stealer all knocking gone and very happy.

the only problem i have is a crunch grind every now and again from steering but iam putting up with it for now because finally the knocking has gone

Post #160021 Mon Mar 17 2008 1:19am
ViewWise

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Out of curiosity (and possible benefit should anyone get it in the future). Did they say how they fixed it?

Post #160023 Mon Mar 17 2008 3:03am
Murdered out

United States 2008 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Java Black

Do you have a S/C?

Murdered out wrote:
Good news, I just got my truck back and I am happy to report the "clunk" is finaly gone. I had a tech ride with me to verify the noise and they replaced 2 worn sway bar bushings #RBX500280 (Left & right) The tech also said they have replace more than a couple of these already. After a long year of listining to that noise I can say again my truck is silent.....for now. They also replace a leaking coolant hose at the thermostat, and replaced my steering wheel because it was "delaminating."

Post #160902 Fri Mar 21 2008 7:01am
Murdered out

United States 2008 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Java Black

BAD NEWS

NY S/C wrote:
NY S/C wrote:
Prayn4Sno wrote:
Good news, I just got my truck back and I am happy to report the "clunk" is finaly gone. I had a tech ride with me to verify the noise and they replaced 2 worn sway bar bushings #RBX500280 (Left & right) The tech also said they have replace more than a couple of these already. After a long year of listining to that noise I can say again my truck is silent.....for now. They also replace a leaking coolant hose at the thermostat, and replaced my steering wheel because it was "delaminating."

I had the bushings replaced in Dec and the noise is back again. After 6 attempts and 21 days in the shop, I just sent my certified letter to LRNA to allow them one more attempt to fix this before I lemon

I got a fax from LRNA and they have agreed that my vehicle qualifies for repurchase under the NJ lemon law. I'm sending them all the finance papers so they can calculate the repurchase amount.

Post #160986 Fri Mar 21 2008 11:44pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1