RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Considering changing to RR Sport ...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

kam100

United Kingdom 

oh my god.. all this motorbike talk is making me dizzy!!
how do u remember their code names?

To answer ur questions on pedals being offset, they aren't offset in any way really, big chunky pedals, with a big chunky foot rest..
reliability issues, are like with any new model.. most problems are quite common though so fixes have been sorted, have a look through this forum and you will know what i mean. Personally i have only been back to dealer once at the beg of ownership for a sort out of some stuff they didn't get round to when i picked up the car (being an ex demo) and the rear number plate light had popped out, since then perfect..
Never had to even call them up to ask them anything, as everything that comes up seems to get reported on this forum before anyone at LR knows anything about it.. so thats a good thing.
Thats my experience anyway, and so far i think the vast majority of owners on here are satisfied with their RRS's.
If i was you, i really would change the E class estate for the RRS and keep the M3, the RRS will fill the space of the eclass most effectively and will be a good load lugger and family car (if thats what the eclass is for), im hoping before my E90 M3 arrives, i will have got hitched, so i can keep the RRS and afford to get the M3 to sit alongside it! that would be my ideal driveway right now..

Post #8139 Fri Dec 16 2005 12:52pm
kman

im an m3 driver currently thinking of swapping out for an RRS (anyone here wanna swap???)

i think its a good route to go if u need somethin with a bit practicality/versatility and less pace.

the m3 still though is an amazing car for what it does so keep it if u still want the power thrill it can give.

im personally a little bored of the m3 (had it for 2 years now) so wanna calm down with an rrs for a bit until the e90 M3 is out in 2007!

Post #8166 Fri Dec 16 2005 2:10pm
GMH

United Kingdom 

I'd love a 10R, but being a bit of a short arse, a 600 would be better and easier to handle. Not or speed, but in those horrible moments when you have to manoeuvre from stationary in front of 20 or more people.
Laughing Laughing

Slight problem on the test drive this weekend. Just found out that we may have to cancel. Hopefully not, but won't know until later tonight. If that's the case it will have to wait until after xmas unfortunately. Crying or Very sad

Post #8179 Fri Dec 16 2005 2:53pm
mark h

United Kingdom 

gmh im 6ft so i went for the blade but i found that the gsxr 1000 k5 seemed a smaller bike to me

but enough about bikes mark

Post #8190 Fri Dec 16 2005 3:50pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
wavers

United Kingdom 

Thanks Kam - yes i have the E90 M3 on order as well but they think mid 2007 at the mo. I have a full days test drive arranged in the RRS - i thinkwe may well swap the E. My husband may take the M3 for a while then until the new one arrives, i normally take the M3 at the moment. Main prob is April for an RRS most places are quoting? Looking at the TD/HSE with esr, tow and tele in Black with Black - i think. Looked at the Cayenne when we bought the E and I'm still not mad about the Porsche - the X5 looks a bit old somehow though it seemed to drive well at a BMW ladies day i went to. Otherwise not much else i fancy in the 4X4 world.

Post #8196 Fri Dec 16 2005 5:22pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Wavers, if you need the RRS quickly there are cars available. The only reason you should have to wait is if you plain and simple want to spec your car exactly as you want it... or maybe it will just suit you to have the car arrive in April. A quick squiz around findmyrangerover.com shows 35 diesel HSEs for your £500 "finding fee"... not that you need to pay £500 to find one, of course but it at least shows what is in the channel. 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #8199 Fri Dec 16 2005 5:33pm
mark h

United Kingdom 

wavers may i ask where you are getting the full day test drive the dealers up here are not prepared to do that you only get the hour if your lucky

thanks Smile mark

Post #8202 Fri Dec 16 2005 5:47pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12