RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Finance & Insurance > Land Rover Insurance
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123

Kaine

United Kingdom 

EXPIREDDATA wrote:
I got my renewal from Esure for under £400.
I am 30 and my wife is 25... bargin...

Shocked that is very low - whats the excess?

Post #158720 Fri Mar 07 2008 8:13pm
Endjin

Scotland 

EXPIREDDATA wrote:
I got my renewal from Esure for under £400.
I am 30 and my wife is 25... bargin...

Hmm - Have you checked it covers you off road? And by the way, by Off Road they can also mean
roads not adopted by the council! I asked my previous insurer (Direct Line) about this and they confirmed
it Shocked So - If you do prang it in a field or somewhere similar - make sure it ACTUALLY happend on a road - honest guv!! Whistle

I'm with LR Insuarnce and my current rate is £38 per month. Covers me (41) and the Mrs(33), including Off Road. Thumbs Up 2013 Discovery HSE Luxury - 3.0 SDV6 - Santorini Black
2013 Evoque 5 Door Pure Tech SD4 - Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof (Mrs E's new baby)

GONE - RRS - 3.0 TDV6 HSE - Santorini (2010)
GONE - RRS - 2.7 TDV6 HSE - Java Black (2007)
GONE - Porsche Boxster S - 3.2 - Black

Post #158798 Sat Mar 08 2008 8:53pm
joka748

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Alaska White

My insurance is due and have received a policy book from LR along with a quote but it makes no reference to what off-road cover actually means.

Has anyone made a claim for off-road damage? I can see this as an easy way to consume your NCB or protected NCB. I presume there is no difference in excess for off-road claims.

Post #159467 Thu Mar 13 2008 12:14am
mlines

United Kingdom 

I notice someone saying LV will not insure them due to alloy wheels??

I am with LV and they were the cheapest by a long way this year - £365 fully comp for TDV6 HSE

The problem with them (and with other companies) is the renewal cost. When you take out insurance for the first time with them you get a "new customer" discount and an "Internet Discount". The following year you are not a new customer and you are not purchasing by the Internet - so no discounts apply and the price rises.

However this is no different to anyone else. Last year I was paying £420 with an Internet based company and this year they wrote to me and said they had used their experience of the market to get me a good value £600 quote! When I type in my details on their website but with a different name they offered me insurance at £380, but whe I phoned them to challenge the two different quotes (£600 v £380) they said thats for new customers only (as per the TV Ad!)

So the answer is to chop and change each year taking the best value. They rely on you being lazy and staying with them.

Martin 2016 RRS 4.4 TDV8 Autobiography Dynamic in Montalcino Red and Stealth Kit

Post #164730 Sat Apr 12 2008 5:17pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123