RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Headrest/Roofscreens etc etc
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>

Prestige Audio

Headrest/Roofscreens etc etc

Hi All,
I was told about this forum by a customer, so thought I'd drop in and say hello! Hope the management don't mind me posting here?!

I run the car audio division of www.PrestigeAudio.co.uk and we have done dozens of installs in RR Sports for various trade and retail customers, so if anyone has any questions on these, or would like a quote (could probably do a good deal for forum members) then please let me know.

I sadly don't drive a Sport, but a rather sluggish BMW X3 2.0D Sport (stop laughing!) however, if I flog a few more install, who knows!?

Here is a couple of pics of recent installs:

These screens were specifically chosen and modified by us to give the best viewing angle from below, as the Sport headrests slope forwards somewhat and most screens have appaling viewing angles from below.

The DVD player fits neatly under the rear seats, allowing the seats to fold fully flat still, but give easy access to change the disk. A 6 DVD changer can also fit here, or the player can go elsewhere if needed.

This is a 10.4" Alpine drop down roofscreen in a Supercharged Sport, again, with the DVD player mounted under the rear seat.

On all install we connect the DVD sound into the Aux in on the factory sound system, and supply cordless headphones. Unlike many places, we route all the cables through the headrest cars which makes it all look factory fit, rather than the common rubber grommit method used by most places.

We can also integrate the system onto the front screen using the new NavTV interface which is very slick indeed!

I hope this post isn't viewed as blatant spam, and I am more than happy to answer any questions you may have.

Cheers

Chris

Post #7941 Wed Dec 14 2005 5:46pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Martin
Site Administrator & Owner

United Kingdom 

Maybe not spam, but a bit blatent Wink

Welcome to RRSPORT - would you mind if I get in touch regarding some kind of commercial/advertising agreement for the site? Like this site? Buy some RRSPORT goodies to show your support!

Last edited by Martin on Wed Dec 14 2005 6:01pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #7942 Wed Dec 14 2005 5:58pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

TV Approx cost on RRS with DVD already installed. PM me if you wish or better give a guide price. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #7943 Wed Dec 14 2005 5:59pm
Prestige Audio

Hi Martin,
No probs re the commercial agreement - maybe we can do some form of group buy and banner advertising etc etc?

Drop me a mail when you get 5!

Are you involved with Disco3 too as it has a very similar look/feel?!

Cheers

Chris Wink

P.S Very Annoyed - will speak to Martin before posting up prices etc.

Post #7944 Wed Dec 14 2005 6:02pm
Martin

United Kingdom 

Thanks Chris, presumably chris@ works as an e-mail address?

I do indeed run DISCO3 as well Mr. Green

Will get an e-mail sent to you Smile Like this site? Buy some RRSPORT goodies to show your support!

Post #7945 Wed Dec 14 2005 6:08pm
Prestige Audio

Yep chris@ is the one to use!

Can I post not so blatant spam on there too then?!!!! Laughing

Post #7946 Wed Dec 14 2005 6:21pm
Martin

United Kingdom 

Ooooh don't know about that Wink

Go on then! Like this site? Buy some RRSPORT goodies to show your support!

Post #7948 Wed Dec 14 2005 6:30pm
djsaad1

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

whats up with the U.K and robbie williams? It seems like every picture i see of a tv in the U.K. robbie williams is always on it. Are they giving out free robbie williams dvd's or something?

Post #7950 Wed Dec 14 2005 6:45pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

djsaad1 wrote:
whats up with the U.K and robbie williams? It seems like every picture i see of a tv in the U.K. robbie williams is always on it. Are they giving out free robbie williams dvd's or something?

Speak to shmoogle - he's robbies biggest fan! Very Happy 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #7951 Wed Dec 14 2005 6:53pm
Chappylad

United Kingdom 

Prestige Auto,

I am very interested to know how much to install DVD player into my RRS?

I will PM you with the relevant details. I know where you are based as I am based in Aylesbury.

Cheers

Chappylad

Post #7952 Wed Dec 14 2005 8:14pm
M@verik

England 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Rimini Red

Prestige Audio,

I too am very interested in the DVD and TV install in our RRS. At 9 months old our son is getting to the age when looking out of the window for 5 minutes before nodding off for the remainder of the journey is just no longer his idea of travelling in style.

A better form of amusement for him has to be sourced and it has been our intention to get some sort of screens/player combination ever since we took delivery of the car. Especially as the RR is the one we use when travelling with the baby since it’s the easiest one to cart all his gear around in – just.

Upto now the tablet player screen combo (Nextbase or similar - a la forum member MDP) has been a serious consideration because of the portability away from the car. But I am not that happy with the way it looks and I’m not altogether sure that I want a bouncing player and trailing wires for our junior thug to want to pull, swing, smash and otherwise vandalise or be tempted by and not actually reach and so get in a paddy about, I expect someone on here will understand that sentence.

I didn’t bother with ticking the LR rear seat entertainment option when I spec’ed the car as I was irritated by utterly ridiculous price/the ordinary quality of the (roof mounted) DVD player with screen by Rosen which is, I believe the approved LR option. The RR S headrest screens are rigged for wired not IR headphones so again not what I'm looking for as he gets bigger.

One of a couple of questions though, the rest we can deal with in person or by PM.

1. I don’t have and won’t have blacked out windows just standard tints, does that matter?
2. This might seem a bit old woman and I am not that way inclined, but given that my local LR dealer has already tried to wriggle on a couple of warranty items and they are boasting about catching plug in box chippers (total loss of whole vehicle warranty even trim if detected), what precautions should I take to ensure that any adaptation or augmentation of the wiring be undetectable and therefore not be in any danger of invalidating the warranty. Particularly as LR are apparently getting heavier with their dealers over warranty claims.

An idea of rough costing in open forum would be good. We can deal with detail in person though as we actually have several cars that might need something doing.

To echo an earlier sentiment from someone on here, those that don’t have kids and find all this a bit mad, just you wait!

Thanks

PS. Martin judging from the responses this could be a good money spinner for you, here’s hoping.
Laughing 11 XFR

08 RRS TDV8 HSE with the good bits taken off the first RRS

05 RR Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red (Rimini Brown at events), Stormer wheels (original 19's for events), PTI, towpack. TV tuner (now driven by an employee)

1923 Ford Model T (serious ground clearance)

FFRR TDV8 Vogue my07 (wife won't let me use it in case I go to Salisbury with VA in it)

plus some other bits n' pieces

Post #7955 Wed Dec 14 2005 10:31pm
grommet

United States 

I have two kids (5 and 2) and rarely if ever use mobile video... they are happy looking outside, listening to music, flipping through books, etc. Sad, isn't it? Just like when I was a child... Very Happy

Post #7956 Wed Dec 14 2005 10:44pm
Prestige Audio

Hi guys,
Wow - quite a response! I was just checking in and will respond to all questions/emails/PMs fully in the morning after I have collected a Disco III from one of the LR dealers we do installations for (so that statement hopefully will allay any warranty fears!).

Cheers chaps

Chris

Post #7957 Wed Dec 14 2005 11:06pm
M@verik

England 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Rimini Red

Grommet,

I agree, use of mobile video is sad and no substitute for looking out of window or flicking through books, or playing with toys/parents except when making a very regular 175 mile, 2hr 15min journey to visit his maternal grandparents and some cousins via a rain soaked, coach and lorry infested (not knocking lorries) route using the M4, M25 and M1 motorways between Bristol and North Hertfordshire.

These are probably the least scenically enchanting highways in our green and pleasant land. Also green and pleasant hardly applies when you can’t see beyond the hard shoulders because of the fog and spray not to mention the dirt, rain and condensation spattered back side window of the RRS.

Add to that when your vocabulary is limited to cat, Mum, Dad, fish, clap, plane and hmmm, (my son not mine even though I’m from Somerset) hills and fields are only interesting when populated by Teletubies.

I know your part of the world pretty well and the view out of the back, front and side windows is usually clear and extensive and at times breathtaking. Plus you guys move a lot slower than we do and there is often more space left between your cars in lane than there is paved road in one of our itty bitty counties.

Take this as it is typed with a smile, a wave and a Merry Christmas. 11 XFR

08 RRS TDV8 HSE with the good bits taken off the first RRS

05 RR Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red (Rimini Brown at events), Stormer wheels (original 19's for events), PTI, towpack. TV tuner (now driven by an employee)

1923 Ford Model T (serious ground clearance)

FFRR TDV8 Vogue my07 (wife won't let me use it in case I go to Salisbury with VA in it)

plus some other bits n' pieces

Post #7958 Wed Dec 14 2005 11:11pm
NeilR

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black

Guys Sorry to have to say this but my RRS family come first, I called Presige audio last week for a quote and man there prices are high. I have currently dropped my head rests off for 2 7 inch slim trim sony monitors fitting into my rests. The rest of my spec is as follows.

2 x 7 inch sony monitors
1 x 6 disk cd changer installed in the factory location
2 x song wireless headphones
1 Nav Tv most install allowing DVD playback on the nav screen
second av feed to monitors allowing indpendent use fitted under the rear seats for a Xbox install at a later date.

all installed and warrentied

£1500 yes thats cheap the shop mis quoted the nav tv unit but they are honouring the quote.

However the quote from Prestige was £2400 with a single disk cd and centurion screens only 6.5 inch

Now even if my supplier requoted the nav tv module there are still cheap

Us yorkshire men dont like parting with money but when i looked at the deal, it was worth doing.

Sorry Presige but my aliance is to my RRS family here

How ill feels i hope Surprised

pictures soon 2010 RRS TDV8 Overfinch GTS

Post #7965 Thu Dec 15 2005 12:01am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>