RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Headrest/Roofscreens etc etc
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>

djsaad1

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

just out of curiosity those of you wanting the rear dvd setup, why didn't your order it from the factory? Was it just the price that made you not want to get it?

Post #7966 Thu Dec 15 2005 1:02am
acole10000

United States 2010 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Stornoway Grey

djsaad1 wrote:
just out of curiosity those of you wanting the rear dvd setup, why didn't your order it from the factory? Was it just the price that made you not want to get it?

Since I bought mine of the lot, it was not installed as is the case for probally most of us. 

Post #7982 Thu Dec 15 2005 10:41am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
smudge

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey

I didn't go for the factory fit cos of the LR £2250 price tag ( I think it was around that much)......

Having seen the dvd screens that strap to the back of the headrests (next base or centurion) where you put the dvd into the side of the screen for around £200 - £300 for both.. whilst they are nowhere near as neat, it's a significantly cheaper option ... and you can remove the dvd's for taking on flights/trains etc......Smile

that said, I still like the look of the dvd's fitted flush into the headrests... but the quotes I've seen o nthis forum so far are around £1500... Range Rover Sport TdV6HSE Bonatti Grey 20" FE Stormer wheels, Privacy Glass, Mats, Boot Mat, black badges, SC grille and vents

Post #7984 Thu Dec 15 2005 10:59am
MDP

United Kingdom 

OK , lets get to grips with this then Exclamation

LR fitted rear entertainment/dvd/telematics cost £2250 Sad = EXPENSIVE

What can we get that is better, looks factory fitted and ultimately costs less.

Ideal set-up as follows

2 x 7 or 8 inch headrest screens ( with swivel/tilt option ) for best viewing

6 x DVD player ( either mounted in factory boot space or under rear seat )

Front screen integration with TV capabilities

Either or both wireless/wired headphones.

Remote control

Other option

As above but swapping rear screens for the roof mounted version

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So what will the costs for these options be or should I have bought the factory fitted version & just added the TV module

Yours really confused Confused 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #7990 Thu Dec 15 2005 11:49am
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Very annoyed wrote:
djsaad1 wrote:
whats up with the U.K and robbie williams? It seems like every picture i see of a tv in the U.K. robbie williams is always on it. Are they giving out free robbie williams dvd's or something?

Speak to shmoogle - he's robbies biggest fan! Very Happy

Don't mention the R word - the UK is currently infested with this arrogant little f****r. The sooner he's involved in a horrific rock-climbing accident the better! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #7994 Thu Dec 15 2005 12:01pm
MDP

United Kingdom 
Re: Headrest/Roofscreens etc etc

Prestige Audio wrote:
Hi All,
I was told about this forum by a customer, so thought I'd drop in and say hello! Hope the management don't mind me posting here?!

I run the car audio division of www.PrestigeAudio.co.uk and we have done dozens of installs in RR Sports for various trade and retail customers, so if anyone has any questions on these, or would like a quote (could probably do a good deal for forum members) then please let me know.

I sadly don't drive a Sport, but a rather sluggish BMW X3 2.0D Sport (stop laughing!) however, if I flog a few more install, who knows!?

Here is a couple of pics of recent installs:

These screens were specifically chosen and modified by us to give the best viewing angle from below, as the Sport headrests slope forwards somewhat and most screens have appaling viewing angles from below.

The DVD player fits neatly under the rear seats, allowing the seats to fold fully flat still, but give easy access to change the disk. A 6 DVD changer can also fit here, or the player can go elsewhere if needed.

This is a 10.4" Alpine drop down roofscreen in a Supercharged Sport, again, with the DVD player mounted under the rear seat.

On all install we connect the DVD sound into the Aux in on the factory sound system, and supply cordless headphones. Unlike many places, we route all the cables through the headrest cars which makes it all look factory fit, rather than the common rubber grommit method used by most places.

We can also integrate the system onto the front screen using the new NavTV interface which is very slick indeed!

I hope this post isn't viewed as blatant spam, and I am more than happy to answer any questions you may have.

Cheers

Chris

Here is a link to Tims gallery re the factory fit Roof mounted fold down screen. Note it is only 9" but it does have the wireless headphones.
It retails at £1780.13 plus £234.98 for the non sunroof installation kit.

http://www.rrsport.co.uk/gallery/displayim...&pos=5

Chris how does your price compare for the Alpine version and as per my prev post - costs on all the other options. Please PM me if its easier

Thanks

Martin 

Post #8012 Thu Dec 15 2005 1:48pm
Prestige Audio

I hate computers! Spent half an hour typing up a reply and when I pressed preview, it asked me to login again and lost all my typing....AAAGGHHH Twisted Evil

And breathe........

Here goes again:

Headrest screen package 1
2 x 6.5" Veba screens (chosen specifically because they work well when viewed from below and RR Sports have very sloping headrests so most screens look awful for the kids!)
Veba DVD player
2 pairs of Veba headphones
Installed far beyond factory spec Wink (we offer a lifetime warranty on all of our workmanship)
Usual price - £1600 inc VAT and installation
RRSport forum price - £1285

Headest screen package 2
As above but with 6 disk Veba DVD player
Usual price - £1950 inc VAT and installation
RRSport forum price - £1560

Roofscreen package 1 - non sunroof cars only
Alpine 10.4" roofscreen (very slick unit)
Alpine DVD player
2 pairs Alpine headphones
Usual price - £1450 inc VAT and installation
RRSport forum price - £1230

Roofscreen package 2
Twin Alpine 10.4" roofscreens (one either side)
Alpine DVD player
2 pairs Alpine headphones
Usual price £1995
RRSport forum price - £1680

Other options
NavTV interface to give DVD/PS2/TVand picture onto front screen - usual price - £950 inc VAT and installation - RRSport forum price - £835 (I have seen some people mention a price of £500 all in for this - I would love to know where they can get them at this price as that is well below what they cost us direct from NavTV!)

Slimline PS2 with BigCat Pro PSU and cordless controllers - usual price - £400 inc installation - RRSport forum price - £330

Freeview DVB TV tuner - Usual price - £650 inc VAT and installation - RRSport forum price - £545 inc VAT and installation (I know there is cheaper systems out there but they are generally rubbish!)

I have been asked a few questions about NavTVs reverse camera and iPod interfaces but at the moment I have no information or prices on these as yet. The DVD interface is 6 months later than first promised, so I wouldn't hold your breath!!

I do however, rate the Dension ICE Link FM very highly and also am looking at products from Monster and Harman at the moment.

Any qs, please fire away!!

Cheers

Chris

Post #8030 Thu Dec 15 2005 4:36pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Biggles

England 

My question can you make the logic seven sound like the extra grand should, that you pay from new. Question Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #8037 Thu Dec 15 2005 4:52pm
Prestige Audio

Biggles wrote:
My question can you make the logic seven sound like the extra grand should, that you pay from new. Question

Nope, as the saying goes, you cannot polish a turd!!!

However, a grand spent on an aftermarket system would send pretty special!

Post #8041 Thu Dec 15 2005 5:10pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

Quick question Chris,

On the Roofscreen Package 1 - if you add the NavTV option and Freeview DVB - will all this be available to view on the overhead Alpine screen as well as the front satnav screen? Does the sound utillise the existing Logic 7 set up or does the roofmount screen only output sound to the headphones?

Also is all your work carried out on site at your main premises or are you able to fit country wide ?

Cheers

Martin 

Post #8042 Thu Dec 15 2005 5:17pm
grommet

United States 

If you have not yet purchased a RRS, there are advantages of the costly "factory" RSE: Full touchscreen controls from front Navigation screen, including DVD control & rear screen controls, 5.1 channel DVD audio when playing through head unit (instead of downmixing to 2 channel stereo), 2 center console A/V inputs for rear passengers (game systems, etc.), Voice command to activate system, etc.

Prestige Audio, if you are ready for a challenge... you should consider buying the factory RSE bits from the parts department and offering an expensive "factory" RSE retrofit install. I'm sure someone would be willing to pay you for the grief. (This would not be "supported" by Land Rover, of course.) Very Happy

Post #8052 Thu Dec 15 2005 5:34pm
Prestige Audio

MDP wrote:
Quick question Chris,

On the Roofscreen Package 1 - if you add the NavTV option and Freeview DVB - will all this be available to view on the overhead Alpine screen as well as the front satnav screen? Does the sound utillise the existing Logic 7 set up or does the roofmount screen only output sound to the headphones?

Also is all your work carried out on site at your main premises or are you able to fit country wide ?

Cheers

Martin

Hi Martin,
The DVB and DVD will be available the Alpine screen (by default the NavTV interface only has a single source input meaning you could have DVD or TV, but not both. However, we can either use a switcher to give both options onto the front screen (approx £75) or route the TV through the Aux input of the DVD, but that means you cannot watch TV on one screen and DVD on the other - hope that makes sense!?)

Sound is through the factory speakers and/or the headphones regardless of which option you go for if using the NavTV option.

Sadly we don't offer a nationwide fitting service, but can turn these jobs around in one day, and have an £80k home cinema in our showroom if you need to pass the time!!!

Post #8065 Thu Dec 15 2005 6:02pm
Biggles

England 

In your pics the centre mount system shows interior lights on. Can or are these wired to the doors, if so it would improve the interior lighting in the rear and be worth it just for that.
Also what options are available for those of us with sunroofs. Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #8067 Thu Dec 15 2005 6:34pm
Prestige Audio

Biggles wrote:
In your pics the centre mount system shows interior lights on. Can or are these wired to the doors, if so it would improve the interior lighting in the rear and be worth it just for that.
Also what options are available for those of us with sunroofs.

Hi,
Yes the lights come on with the interior lights - sadly the sunroof mechanism gets in the way of the roofscreen mountings so headrest screens would be needed.

We can always install some underseat neons and connect those to the interior lights Wink !!

Joking aside, it wouldn't be too tricky to install some tasteful white LED lighting in the cars.

Post #8068 Thu Dec 15 2005 6:37pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

Im starting to like the sound/look of the roof mounted Alpine system.

Here is a few more of the Prestige Audio example fitted in the sport

Looks a neet slimline fit - a huge screen - extra interior lights included - plus option od DVD TV on front screen, I can see me having a word with Santa Very Happy ....pretty please Very Happy 

Post #8134 Fri Dec 16 2005 1:26pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>