RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > My Range Rover Sport > Modifying my RRS - any more ideas?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

NickM

United Kingdom 
Modifying my RRS - any more ideas?

Ok, so it's been a week since I've had my RRS - and a busy one at that too. Have had the car fully colour coded, Java, everywhere. Handles, grill, side vents, B pillars, lower sills front and rear, light guards to rear, colour coded side steps too. New black badges, front and rear and also on steering wheel. New entry sill plates from dealer on all four doors. Will post some pics soon - love my car looking good - but what next? I have decided against 22inch wheels - even though the wheel dealer I know offered me £400 for my supercharged ones with tyres - I am just worried about warranty issues (which LR tell me will be an issue) the ride quality and also insurance (I have heard some insurers give you problems about modifications like these)

I would like to get darkened rear lights - not black black - like one guy on here, just supercharged smoked lights - but I still think £600 for rear lights is too expensive. Also going for rear tips, but equally worried about any vibration issues - and also think £800 for a new system is a little excessive. Def going for a remap though - as I've said before, I like the TDV6 a lot - and have thought about a TDV8 - but hearing all the problems about this knocking sound, would really put me off my RRS experience and now thinking best sticking with what I know and what I like. I'm a fanatic about my car - clean it 3 times a week - keep a paintbrush in the front and dust the interior at lights. Clean and tyre shine my wheels every day. If Xzibit came to my door and asked if he could pimp my ride, i;d tell him to get lost. I'm not into changing it so much you wouldn't recognise it - I like it to be as original as I can get it, and would never overstep the process...

Your views please.....

Post #156672 Fri Feb 22 2008 9:03am
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Be interested to see some pics, NickM - sometimes the RRS doesn't take 100% colour coding very well... although in black, this should be less of a problem with the floating roofline effect etc. Personally, I'd like a splash of silver/chrome here and there just to offset the constant black but as I say that's just my opinion.

Thumbs Up 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #156674 Fri Feb 22 2008 9:28am
NickM

United Kingdom 

Point taken.....I sometimes think that too - the main area to consider hard was the steel trim to the side steps - but after I got it done, it does look good. of course i got the side indicators done - maybe because of my work, - i work in design, image is everything, even perhaps takes over from how the car drives, fuel consumption etc. I'm the type who looks in shop windows to see the reflection of the car as I drive past, so i can appreciate the look of the car. heaven forbid i would ever want to look like a drug dealer - but keeping the car original is also key - although that may sound like I'm contradicting myself. But yes any ideas on exhaust tips - and a rear valance like the Overfinch one would be appreciated.

I actually got the car pre-owned, a year old, with only 10000 miles on it - a chelsea football players wifes car.....and it's been very well looked after. But I could have got a new car for the amount I'm spending - but so what. TDV8 is always at the back of my mind......Charles Hurst are trying to sell me a 57 plate, Java, with 7000 miles for £46900. Tempted, but I would need to spend £3K getting it to look like I would like....

Post #156675 Fri Feb 22 2008 9:35am
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

I think you've done it all. You could fit a winch but I feel it's not the look you're after. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #156676 Fri Feb 22 2008 9:35am
NickM

United Kingdom 

Laughing I thought of helicopter blades.....but perhaps not

Post #156678 Fri Feb 22 2008 9:42am
shmoogle

United Kingdom 

I think changing the alloys and finishing the exhaust (tips will be sufficient I'm sure, if you're purely after cosmetic improvements) will complete the job. Don't be too worried about what LR tell you about changing the alloys and most insurance companies won't affect your premium with them. It's something that so many people do and without getting silly (I think 22s are the limit though you can go bigger) they can make the car look very nice indeed. Consider the Overfinch Supersports or Tigers for the less common look - a lot of people choose the Stormers, although they do look good in themselves. 

Post #156679 Fri Feb 22 2008 9:43am
stewhoppy

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Can I ask you how you got the badge off of the front grille? Got a black one ready for mine!

Post #156687 Fri Feb 22 2008 10:11am
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

I think most people buy a new grill. There are 2 ways of replacng the badge. Firstly frill a hole in the back of the grill where the badge is and push it out. Secondly get the new badge and simply stick it over the existing badge. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #156712 Fri Feb 22 2008 10:55am
NickM

United Kingdom 

I did it very careful, lifted one end with a very sharp knife, with a cloth against the rim, and forced it in......yes I know, I think I was lucky not to mark the rim, but it worked - use a strong knife to lever it off.......worked a treat.

I think, as you all have said, have done as much as I can.....will still look for rear light - and not wanting to pay £600, will try a few breakers to see if they have any. Does anyone know if there are any aftermarket firms who will smoke them?

Post #156787 Fri Feb 22 2008 2:57pm
NickM

United Kingdom 

Thanks S for the tip re the wheels - I like the Over F quite a lot, but finding it hard to decide which ones.....the 6 spoke ones look a little aggressive for my liking....but are you sure that the ride would still be ok and these will not cause any problems to suspension aspects, joints etc???

Post #156789 Fri Feb 22 2008 3:02pm
Steve in germany

Germany 

Site sponsor will supply you for £355.50 this includes 10% discount Speed Limits! not where I live!

Back in a D3

Did have: RRS TDV8 2008.5MY
Did have: Q7 3.0TDi S-Line/Tech/Comms pack
Did Have: Disco3 HSE

Post #156790 Fri Feb 22 2008 3:06pm
shmoogle

United Kingdom 

NickM wrote:
Thanks S for the tip re the wheels - I like the Over F quite a lot, but finding it hard to decide which ones.....the 6 spoke ones look a little aggressive for my liking....but are you sure that the ride would still be ok and these will not cause any problems to suspension aspects, joints etc???

Of course, I'm not going to tell you everything is going to be fine... but far too many people put larger rims on (esp in the US) for it to be a surefire thing to avoid. There's no evidence to suggest that putting a larger set of rims on is going to damage your car - LR are just covering their backs by suggesting you shouldn't do it. 

Post #156817 Fri Feb 22 2008 4:13pm
shmoogle

United Kingdom 

Steve in germany wrote:
Site sponsor will supply you for £355.50 this includes 10% discount

That would be Car Styling Studio, if you didn't already know. Plenty of folks have had work done by them, well regarded.

www.carstylingstudio.com Thumbs Up 

Post #156818 Fri Feb 22 2008 4:14pm
NickM

United Kingdom 

sounds a great price, only thing is now that I have rear guards, you thi k will still look good with smoke lights and rear guards? going to get them online now......good tip about the whhels. I keep thinking about them, but like how my 20 supers ride...maybe when my car needs new tyres I might try em and dealer has said I can ride them for a week and see how I get on and if I don't like them - can have my own ones back...nice eh??

Post #156844 Fri Feb 22 2008 8:17pm
carstylingstudio

United Kingdom 
Smoke Rear Lights

Hello

I notice that you are looking for a high quality smoked rear light for your Sport. www.carstylingstudio.com can supply a brand new light set smoked and ready to fit for RR sport Forum members for £302.40 plus vat and postage. These light sets are refinished in a multi stage process and then baked to create a very hard durable finish. these lights together with matching side repeaters can be purchased from our web site www.carstylingstudio.com To buy at this price e mail Mike Emery at sales@carstylingstudio.com to arrange .

Post #156876 Sat Feb 23 2008 3:37pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1