RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Range Rover Sport Facelift
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 6 <123456>

npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

Just been speaking to a colleague and when i phoned him he couldn't talk as it was too noisey.....

He was in the back of a "Range Rover Sport 5.0L" that been tested where he is

I asked him about the car and he couldn't talk too much but said the engine was breathtaking and mentioned the suspension been something else that had changed Thumbs Up

Post #165857 Thu Apr 17 2008 1:30pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Get as much info off him as you can please. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #165858 Thu Apr 17 2008 1:34pm
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

He doesn't work for LR, so i doubt he'll have much more info than that.

I pressume they might have been having a play off road on the military base he's based at at as it sounded like they was bouncing around.

Post #165860 Thu Apr 17 2008 1:42pm
Cornelius Vermuyden

England 

May I remind everybody that anyone in the full-time or temporary employment of JLR is bound by the confidentiality agreement they will have signed, or have had drawn to their attention. The recent timeline published on this forum copied from another regarding JLR models up to 2016 has caused a very comprehensive internal enquiry at JLR which may result in police action. It was easy to determine exactly which meeting resulted in that leak, and precisely who was responsible.
Similarly, no JLR employee will divulge any info whatsoever, and that particularly applies to testers, whether JLR employees or their appointed agents.
Spotting new models on test is fair game, be they taped-up or not. Please be very careful what info you ask to be divulged. There are millions of pounds resting on confidential information. Rest assured any JLR miscreants will be descended upon with a ton of bricks! Neutral

Post #165904 Fri Apr 18 2008 12:45am
2nd Rower

Australia 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Chawton White

d3matt wrote:
More info here from AutoExpress

Including an interior shot.

Click image to enlarge

Prima facie looks like some reasonable mods to the interior that look quite professional/final:

New exterior light controls
    Fuel and temp gauge seems to be replaced by larger LCD info display similar to what VW's have. (and is no longer a green background)
    Can't see if the speed/rev dials retain the current LCD displays, but looks like they haven't
    Speed / rev dials don't have the thick silver plastic borders
    Heat/vent control panel seems to have one dial rather than two as is current
    Above heat/vent control panel seems to be a 'different' disc loading slot, and without the two radio control knobs either side
    That's either a cubby/storage space; space yet to be filled; or even a LCD screen above the disc loading slot. (although if the latter why isn't it lit up like the rest of the dash)

Interestingly no key in the ignition slot yet the dash is powered and lit up! Guess that might be just because of it's 'test' nature, and because that is the big ON/OFF button sticky taped to the cupholders!! (maybe that should go into production!?).

here's the current interior from the gallery:

Click image to enlarge

Post #165906 Fri Apr 18 2008 5:05am
2nd Rower

2nd Rower wrote:
    Fuel and temp gauge seems to be replaced by larger LCD info display similar to what VW's have. (and is no longer a green background)
    Can't see if the speed/rev dials retain the current LCD displays, but looks like they haven't
    Speed / rev dials don't have the thick silver plastic borders

Had a hunch..... and the dials and single LCD info display on the new RRS interior photo above look remarkably like the dials and single LCD info display found in the new XF as per the following picture i just found via Google!:

Click image to enlarge

http://yahoo.drive.com.au/Editorial/Articl...;ImageID=4

Post #165907 Fri Apr 18 2008 5:27am
2nd Rower

Admittedly I'm now spending far too much time looking at this photo........ Embarassed

If you look at the 'new' RRS interior you will see that there are two warning light switches. One as per the current interior at the top of the dash (red hemispherical, and along with central locking switches etc)

BUT there is also one in the centre just above the 'new disc loading slot'!.... look closely enough that's a red triangle on the centre button there. That would suggest to me that the rest of the 'new' centre console - above the 'new' disc loading slot and 'new' warning light switch - is not fitted and as yet we won't know what it looks like! The shelf with the current switches on, which the CB radio is sitting on will probably not be like that in the finished article!

Post #165908 Fri Apr 18 2008 5:37am
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

That is a nice looking panel in the XF, although not sure about the blue... wouldn't be overly surprising to see it in the RRS would it. 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #165934 Fri Apr 18 2008 11:42am
bob242

2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Cornelius Vermuyden wrote:
May I remind everybody that anyone in the full-time or temporary employment of JLR is bound by the confidentiality agreement they will have signed, or have had drawn to their attention. The recent timeline published on this forum copied from another regarding JLR models up to 2016 has caused a very comprehensive internal enquiry at JLR which may result in police action. It was easy to determine exactly which meeting resulted in that leak, and precisely who was responsible.
Similarly, no JLR employee will divulge any info whatsoever, and that particularly applies to testers, whether JLR employees or their appointed agents.
Spotting new models on test is fair game, be they taped-up or not. Please be very careful what info you ask to be divulged. There are millions of pounds resting on confidential information. Rest assured any JLR miscreants will be descended upon with a ton of bricks! Neutral

FYI the JLR models up to 2016 is only marketing stuff for bankers ( to allow them to know why they should lend money to Tata) and for potential customers : come on cutomers buy our cars because we are not going to change them so soon.
Look at the FFRR, it is a 2002 old design and you think it will be in production up to 2013 ? Nope the new FFRR will probably be out in 2010 and revealed to the public in late 2009. As for the 5.0L V12 it is a way to have people wait util the announcement of the new FFRR => marketing wants you to here about the range rover not to loose the momentum. if not their new car will be less visible.

Post #166060 Fri Apr 18 2008 5:56pm
CY

Scotland 

Smarticus wrote:
DVLA has it registered as a 5 litre petrol Shocked

The vehicle details for VX57 FNF are:

Date of Liability 01 11 2008
Date of First Registration 06 11 2007
Year of Manufacture 2007
Cylinder Capacity (cc) 4997CC
CO2 Emissions 0g/Km
Fuel Type Petrol
Export Marker Not Applicable
Vehicle Status Licence Not Due
Vehicle Colour BLACK
Vehicle Type Approval null
The information contained on this page is correct at the time of enquiry.
Vehicle Excise Duty Rate for vehicle
6 Months Rate £99.00
12 Months Rate £180.00

How on earth do they get a tax disc for £180 ? Surely the rate for that vehicle should be £300 ???? Or is it because they have somehow managed to get a 5 litre petrol engine to emit ZERO CO2 ! This may be bigger news than we first thought !!!!

How did you manage to get that information? Confused

EDIT: Found it http://www.vehiclelicence.gov.uk/EvlPortalApp/?SKIN=directgov "CY from DISCO3"

Post #166174 Sat Apr 19 2008 1:30pm
Cornelius Vermuyden

England 

Very fair and informed comment bob242 Wink However, the feeling at JLR must be, and is, that the release of such information, albeit without driveline, can only have been done with malicious intent. Sour grapes, if you like. I would not dismiss it merely as "marketing stuff for bankers" since 75% of the rival bidders to Tata were bankers!

Post #166180 Sat Apr 19 2008 2:20pm
Leo

Kenya 

Whats malicious is LR not admitting to an inherent design fault with the DR system that leads to the infamous knocking Shocked

Sorry for going off-topic but it seems that LR policy is now Censored current customers, focus only on sales.

Rant over Twisted Evil

Post #166191 Sat Apr 19 2008 4:34pm
bob242

2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Cornelius Vermuyden wrote:
Very fair and informed comment bob242 Wink However, the feeling at JLR must be, and is, that the release of such information, albeit without driveline, can only have been done with malicious intent. Sour grapes, if you like. I would not dismiss it merely as "marketing stuff for bankers" since 75% of the rival bidders to Tata were bankers!

ok I admint :

1/ I am a banker Very Happy
2/ who was willing to buy a FFRR but found it to be to old
3/ so I bougth a RRS (for my wife)
4/ but I have the feeling not to have received enough for my money
5/ and pi**ed by the so many RRS that I see on the road...

But I would not have encouraged my bank to bid for JLR : it is not a bankers job (or an investment fund) to develop and improve products, our job is only to secure cash flows with the minimum risks. And to bring JLR to the top, one has to take risks and be ahead of the technology rather then behind.

bests

bob

Post #166845 Wed Apr 23 2008 9:18pm
JayMann

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

Now with FFRR SC grill and bigger side vents

http://www.worldcarfans.com/9080626.003/ra...spy-photos RRS TDV6 Gone but still around
SL55 AMG
760Li Alpina
BMW 535D M Sport
BMW X6 XDrive35D
BMW 320D Coupe M Sport
And A Van For Rex!

WINNER - 2008's Idler Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Comedian Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Funniest Incident

I love boobies i love boobies i love boobies cuz i'm a big kid now! (Come on everybody sing with me you know the words!)

Post #174518 Thu Jun 26 2008 5:31pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

and what else do you notice about this RRS? 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #174527 Thu Jun 26 2008 5:54pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 6 <123456>