RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > What is a Remote Ctrl Height Adj Tow Hitch
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

bacardi

What is a Remote Ctrl Height Adj Tow Hitch

I have our new car, when they sent me the spec it said remote ctrl height adj tow hitch. I was expecting the car to have a towbar. When looking at it today i find there is not one. The dealers claim that this does not mean there is a towbar.

Can anyone tell me what it does mean

cheers

Post #155687 Wed Feb 13 2008 8:50pm
Smarticus

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

The detachable tow bar is an optional extra on all RRS's and is described on the option sheet as "Fixed height detachable swan neck".

I think the remote control height adjustment might be refering to the ability of all RRS's to be raised or lowered by use of the key fob (if set up correctly and with hazard warning lights on etc). All RRS's are also fitted as standard with a tow bar receiver socket, into which the detachable tow bar would fit (if you had one). But the word Tow Hitch surely is American language for Tow Bar (rather than the Tow Bar receiver), so I can certainly see how you could quite sensibly interpret the wording you were given as meaning you were getting a tow bar.

My suggestion is you take this argument to the dealer and get him to supply a detachable tow bar and the necessary electrics at cost (rather than list) and to fit them for free. It only takes about an hour to fit the electrics and is a relatively simple DIY job if your dealer wasn't prepared to do that. Failing that, they regularly turn up on Ebay. RRS TDv8 HSE Rimini
Disco 4 TDv6 HSE Ipanema
Defender 90, 200tdi CSW

Post #155693 Wed Feb 13 2008 10:07pm
mlines

United Kingdom 

Can I ask a stupid question?

You have looked under the floor of the boot for the tow ball in the storage compartment?

Martin 2016 RRS 4.4 TDV8 Autobiography Dynamic in Montalcino Red and Stealth Kit

Post #155797 Thu Feb 14 2008 3:50pm
bacardi

Hi

Thanks for the replys yes i have looked under the floor and it is not under there, to be honnest this the least of my problems.

I ordered a car with rear dvds and available on the move and fully colour coded on top of the existing spec. They then try and sell me gap cover, to which i tell them i think it is expensive and i can get far cheaper. The business manager the emails and says i have a stonking deal on the car, and that he is trying to earn a living and he thinks i should come to his party and stop nit picking. I called the dealer principle and spoke with him, who said he would speak with the guy concerned. I returned home to find a mail from the business manager with a link to a picture of three monkeys saying we think this one is you.

I emailed the dealer principle who did call be back and said he was really sorry, and he would deal with it tomorrow (friday) After not hearing anything i emailed him Friday night asking what was happening. I then called the salesman Saturday to check with my payment, and the dealer principle answered. I quized him why i had not had a call to which i was told that he was out on Friday and would deal with it on Monday and call. Guess what i got no call until i got hold of the area director. The dealer principle was once again very sorry and offered me a a free gap policy.

Anyway they deliver the car, they have painted just the sides and front rear bumpers and the dvd's switch off when driven. I call the salesman who denys that i ever requested that. i end up giving the delivery driver the keys back to the car and walking home. I read my mails and one of the first is the salesman saying it will cost me £400+vat for them to be connected to the front and they will work on the move. So i call him i gave him the time and date of his mail saying the cost and that they would work on the move, he then agrees that they should work.I was then told that they have not painted the mirrors because stones chip them (so why do land rover paint the car then?)Anyway they left the car and i tried to call the area manager in the end the head of sales called because the area manager was ? and the dealer principle was away, after a few words i told him to ring back tomorrow morning when i calmed down, he agreed and said he would ring me in the morning when he had read all the emails. Anyway they called mid afternoon (funny am) we had a few rows he said they had painted what i had asked for, and told me to stop going over old ground regarding previous emails. He did offer to come and collect the car and give me my money back. However I think this would be the easy option for him as he has not got put anything right. He went on to say no matter what he did i would moan and he would never get it right and i enjoyed complaining. I mentioned at this point his call was being recorded to which he went ott telling me that was illegal etc etc. What he did not ask was how it was being recorded this was due to the fact he had rang me on my mobile that was on bluetooth in the car and the local garage guy was writing it all down. I did make an offer of him paying for just the mirrors to be done as when i had seen the car i quite liked the door handle colour, he told me that he wished i could make my mind up (so much for my offer)

To say i rather P***ed off is rather an under statement, and i fail to understand how wanting what i paid for is wrong.

Post #155837 Thu Feb 14 2008 10:02pm
Steve in germany

Germany 

Barcardi, if this guy sent you that email, then you should be speaking to the regional director, or maybe even national, I'am totaly lost for words! In fact I would even mention Police and legal advice on this one as that is Censored disgusting. Dealer name please! Speed Limits! not where I live!

Back in a D3

Did have: RRS TDV8 2008.5MY
Did have: Q7 3.0TDi S-Line/Tech/Comms pack
Did Have: Disco3 HSE

Post #155882 Fri Feb 15 2008 5:48am
bacardi

I am not naming them yet. I am still stunned by the guy last night saying he thought i enjoyed complaining and could never make me happy. Now i know i should just take my money back from them, but that is just the easy option for them. I did speak with the regional director the other day regarding the lack of response from the DP and i thought it was sorted, the car is then delivered with things missing or not done. I have tried to contact him since and all i get is the dealership calling me. They argue that full colour coding just means they paint the bottom, he told he that there is no money in the car for him to paint it so i had better take it or he will have it back. He did say he would think on my offer overnight wow

Last edited by bacardi on Fri Feb 15 2008 9:29am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #155886 Fri Feb 15 2008 7:48am
skibum

England 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

You gotta name & shame , mate!!! No dealer should be allowed to get away with this sort of treatment TDV6 HSE 2007 model, Stornoway Grey, Ivory leather,Privacy glass, Premium ICE Pack, side steps, tasmod sills, now towbar and seat covers

Post #155892 Fri Feb 15 2008 9:05am
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Who the hell are these people and what gives them the right to treat a customer like that?

Truly, I am absolutely speechless.

Write to Phil Popham. I'm not normally one for "going to the top" unless it's a last resort but this sort of behaviour can't happen mate. Amazing Neutral 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #155930 Fri Feb 15 2008 10:35am
Bobby

Malaysia 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Chawton White

Fantastic! Shocked

Even in our Third World country the dealers do not behave like this!! Twisted Evil Malaysia Boleh!
4.2SC Chawton White, Stormers
Tasmod's Sills, Wind Deflectors, LR Sills
Clear Side Repeaters, Towbar
Larini Sports Exhaust, K&N Air Filter

Post #155937 Fri Feb 15 2008 10:45am
bacardi

Just an update i am not nameing which dealership it was. I have spoke with the pa to the national franchise dealer today. She has been very helpful and is very upset with the way i have been treated. They have agreed to do the remedial work to my car and informed the dealership of this. I think it may be wise not to disclose in public the dealer.

Post #156007 Fri Feb 15 2008 7:10pm
SteveWilliams

Wales 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

Bacardi

There behaviour has been an absolute disgrace. Name and shame, go to Landrover HQ. There is absolutely no excuse for this kind of behaviour especially with how much hard earned money you have parted with.

I think everyone on this forum would like to know who they are so that we can avoid these people at all costs.

Post #156011 Fri Feb 15 2008 7:51pm
Bobby

Malaysia 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Chawton White

Name and shame is in order here bacardi but in the end its your call.
I hope you get your troubles sorted out. Smile Malaysia Boleh!
4.2SC Chawton White, Stormers
Tasmod's Sills, Wind Deflectors, LR Sills
Clear Side Repeaters, Towbar
Larini Sports Exhaust, K&N Air Filter

Post #156024 Fri Feb 15 2008 10:56pm
rrsjo

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

This dealer location needs to be identified to stop others making the same mistake. By all means wait until their bosses have ensured they do right by you. Those that follow might not be so lucky. Name and shame the dealership when you have received what you paid for. Gone - 2008 TDV8, Stornoway Grey, ebony, zabrano trim, TV, Tasmods, mudflaps.

Post #156026 Fri Feb 15 2008 11:15pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Agree - it would be for the good of the forum to know who these Censored are. Seems to me they deserve every bit of lost custom that would bring them. 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #156133 Mon Feb 18 2008 10:12am
bacardi

It is a dealer in the affluent area of London.

Post #156232 Mon Feb 18 2008 7:35pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>