RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Tips & Tricks > tv in motion
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 4 <1234

wilburn

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Nara Bronze

I don't understand all this, I thought the idea behind the hybrid TV (now standard in HSE) is so passenger can watch tv whilst driver sees sat nav?

Does it now work whilst on the move????

Post #278740 Tue Oct 26 2010 5:08pm
oldcro

Scotland 

wilburn wrote:
I don't understand all this, I thought the idea behind the hybrid TV (now standard in HSE) is so passenger can watch tv whilst driver sees sat nav?

You're thinking of the split screen TV as found in the FFRR, this is not yet available on the RRS.

Post #278741 Tue Oct 26 2010 5:37pm
wilburn

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Nara Bronze

oldcro wrote:
wilburn wrote:

You're thinking of the split screen TV as found in the FFRR, this is not yet available on the RRS.

I have a 2011 RRS brochure here and it says Hybrid TV is standard on HSE.

Is that the same screen as found in FFRR that means passenger sees tv and driver sees sat nav?

Post #278743 Tue Oct 26 2010 5:42pm
Alicatt

Belgium 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Buckingham Blue

The Hybrid is that it has both analog and digital multi standard receivers built in, my 2007 08MY TDV8 has the hybrid TV and it has worked in every country I have been in, UK, France, Holland, Belgium, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Luxembourg, and Italy. At my house in Scotland it gets a better reception than my house TV Big Cry Sons of dogs come hither and get flesh
Clan Cameron

Post #278751 Tue Oct 26 2010 8:17pm
oldcro

Scotland 

The FFRR Vogue SE has the optional Touch-screen with Dual View Technology, which is what you were referring to Wilburn. Not an option yet on any new RRS.

Post #278753 Tue Oct 26 2010 8:40pm
GnzYza

United Kingdom 

oldcro wrote:
What a stupid thing to even contemplate fitting. Having TV in Motion active whilst driving must be the dumbest thing a driver can do. I am surprised the forum even allows this thread, let alone posts offering means of installing it.

I don't care a damn if the driver kills himself but I do care about the innocent mother and child he runs over just when MU scores a goal.

Agreed, but it unlocks the nav also which is usefull. I doubt people are wanting to actually drive and watch tv- thats absurd and impossible even Rolling Eyes . its beneficial for passengers, allows to control the functions also.

people shouldn't need laws to tell them when something is dangerous when driving, if that really is the case then sat navs should be banned, camera alerts, taxis shouldn't be allowed to use the data heads/fist mics, mirrors in the visor should be outlawed... list goes on.....

Post #278761 Wed Oct 27 2010 12:36am
GnzYza

United Kingdom 

Alicatt wrote:
Umm, not so, it also takes an input from the gear selector, you have to be in Neutral/Park AND have the park brake on to get it to show on the front screen

Is that so, on my 06 with rse front screen activates only when in park, with or out without park/handbrake.
If im right should still be an easy procedure.

Post #278762 Wed Oct 27 2010 12:40am
Jimmy_75000

France 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

GnzYza wrote:
Alicatt wrote:
Umm, not so, it also takes an input from the gear selector, you have to be in Neutral/Park AND have the park brake on to get it to show on the front screen

Is that so, on my 06 with rse front screen activates only when in park, with or out without park/handbrake.
If im right should still be an easy procedure.

It's either neutral with handbrake or in park with or w/o handbrake.... Range Rover Vogue ‘17 TDV6

Gone: Range Rover Vogue '11 4.4TDV8, Range Rover Sport ‘59, Range Rover Sport ‘56

Post #278770 Wed Oct 27 2010 6:59am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 4 <1234