Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Finance & Insurance > Financing your RRS
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

Iceman

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Bonatti Grey

Very annoyed wrote:
Do you really want a X5? Wink

I was waiting for that comment!! If money was no object I would choose the SC every time, however the only way i'll get into one is by going to one of the diesel models which will be too slllloooowwww!!!

I'm moving from an E46 M3 so cannot take the power drop from 5.5secs 0-60 to 12secs 0-60 - its just too much and i'd get fed up of it very quickly!

So for now, the X5 being cheaper and 6.1 secs 0-60 takes a lot of beating Smile

Ice

Post #7861 Tue Dec 13 2005 1:56pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

Fair enough Iceman.
Unlucky with the figures, i think you are doing the right thing though going on the figures that you are getting our for the SC. I think once you have run the 4.8is for a while, there will be plenty of 1 year old SC's about and you can get into one of them next time around.

Hope Richard was able to help you, and i trust you will use him again, (especially with the X5 quote as well..) i find i keep going back to him!
I think they are knocking the residual so low, beause they are scared of the higher then average mileage that you are quoting, for a car with no established used market as of yet.

Post #7862 Tue Dec 13 2005 2:05pm
MDP

United Kingdom 
Re: No joy

Iceman wrote:
...... the cost of owning a SC for 2 years (even with a £20k deposit over a 4yr deal) it is cost prohibitive (for me anyway).

The best residual values i've had (even told they're optimistic) after 2yrs/48k mls would be around the £20k mark.. With approx a £20k to settle at the end of 2yrs.......Iceman.

So you've been told by a dealer that your Supercharged Sport will only be worth £20,000 after 2yrs Shocked Even though you are suggesting a higher mileage I doubt it would make this huge difference - I mean after 3yrs it should be worth £33k - £35k (good condition/average mileage)

Is the deal being screwed simply because of your estimated higher than average mileage Sad

However - doing that sort of mileage ( 24000 per year ) in the Supercharged is double what I'm doing, so you will also need to take into account the cost of fuel...... and at 12mpg ( around town ) 15 - 17 ( on a decent trip ) it will be huge.

If you average 15mpg and do 24000 miles pa you will be paying approx £600pm on fuel ( depending on 97 or 95 ron and local cost per gallon )

I would get some more quotes from other LR dealers Confused 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #7868 Tue Dec 13 2005 2:35pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12