Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Just Reserved RRS
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

exsigs

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey
Just Reserved RRS

Hi All

After months of looking for the right deal I think I've found the RRS for me.

Mate has offered me a trade deal on a 2005 55, RRS TDV6 HSE with 18k miles, privacy glass and colour coding, in bonatti grey for £32,500.

Couple of questions, is this a good price? Im likely to keep 6 months at most then I will look to upgrade to the TDV8

What extras should I look to go out and buy first, 20" wheels, sidesteps and chip?

Im waiting for the car to arrive, should be this wednesday. Are there any particular problems I should be looking out for?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Adam If a dogs born in a barn it does'nt make it a horse.

Post #151388 Sat Jan 12 2008 8:43am
Kaine

United Kingdom 

why not wait 6 months and just get a TDV8 - the money you save will get you a newer TDV8 - just my first thoughts

Post #151393 Sat Jan 12 2008 11:26am
exsigs

Kaine

We did think of doing that, but need to get a new car now. Because of the price we are getting it for, I dont think i will lose much come trading up time? If a dogs born in a barn it does'nt make it a horse.

Post #151394 Sat Jan 12 2008 11:38am
Kaine

United Kingdom 

I think (from memory) that the RRS HSE losses around £600-£800/month (depending on mileage). So expect to trade in at about £3.5-£4.8k in value

Post #151395 Sat Jan 12 2008 11:46am
Smarticus

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

Exsigs

£32,500 for that spec and colour and miles seems pretty good to me.

If you are only keeping for 6 months and then trading up, I suggest you save your money and keep the car standard. The TDv8 would come with 20" wheels anyway so stick with the 19" on the TDv6.

Chipping works well for many, but isn't necessary and might possibly be a problem come trade in time.

As for problems on the TDv6. Normal care required to check warranty and service history. The vehicle must have had its 15,000 mile service and any warranty claims will appear on its LR history which a mmain dealer can access for you. You want to avoid a vehicle that has given its previous owner a lot of problems. There aren't many of those about, but there are some and best avoided.

The other thing to consider is blagging your way onto a LR Experience course. These vehicles are amazingly capable and it is well worth having an "expert" show you what they can do and what all the buttons, knobs and levers are for.

Enjoy Thumbs Up RRS TDv8 HSE Rimini
Disco 4 TDv6 HSE Ipanema
Defender 90, 200tdi CSW

Post #151397 Sat Jan 12 2008 11:55am
exsigs

Wow, didnt realise they lost that much a month !! Shocked

There is exactly the same model/mileage as one im getting at my local LR stealer for £37k, so on that assumption i think i should be able to trade up to the v8 in 6 months and lose only £1000 or so, especially as im going to be p/ex ing .

Could be interesting ! If a dogs born in a barn it does'nt make it a horse.

Post #151398 Sat Jan 12 2008 11:56am
exsigs

Smarticus,

Many thanks for the advice. I think you are right, will keep standard as I wont get the money back. Will prob still chip though !!

Im ex forces and pretty experienced in off roading.... and breaking down in far off places Laughing but would love to know how a techy 4x4 works as the stuff we had was pretty historic !!

Will do history check with LR and find out if any worrying issues in the past.

cheers If a dogs born in a barn it does'nt make it a horse.

Post #151399 Sat Jan 12 2008 12:05pm
Smarticus

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

exsigs wrote:
would love to know how a techy 4x4 works as the stuff we had was pretty historic !!

You wont find a lever with a red knob and a lever with a yellow knob in the RRS, or even a stubby stick with diff lock / low and high. Laughing

These have all been replaced with a computer brain the size of a planet and a large silver dial and a couple of neat electronic switches. These all work great, but if they do break down in a far away place, you cannot fix them with a hammer Shocked

One final thing to check is remaining tyre life. If there is at least 6 months worth of life left in the tyres you could save yourself a lot of money on having to buy a new set pre TDv8 trade up. RRS TDv8 HSE Rimini
Disco 4 TDv6 HSE Ipanema
Defender 90, 200tdi CSW

Post #151404 Sat Jan 12 2008 12:27pm
Josh

United Kingdom 
Re: Just Reserved RRS

exsigs wrote:

Mate has offered me a trade deal on a 2005 55, RRS TDV6 HSE with 18k miles, privacy glass and colour coding, in bonatti grey for £32,500.

Couple of questions, is this a good price? Im likely to keep 6 months at most then I will look to upgrade to the TDV8

I seem to recall that Trickas was very recently offered about that same price by a dealer on trade in of my old 2006 TDV6 with all the extras for a TDV8 Exclamation

So I'm not sure that it will be a good deal when you go to trade up to a TDV8 Exclamation

I would ask another Dealer now what price he would give you for this vehicle against a TDV8 now before I would committ myself to buying it Exclamation Then it might be worth buying a heap for 6 months and save your money Idea TDV6 - gone
TDV8 - gone
Audi Q5 3.0 Tdi Sline wef 6/11/10

Post #151405 Sat Jan 12 2008 12:46pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1