RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Roading & Green Laning > FIRST FOREST ADVENTURE IN LOCHGILPHEAD FOR 2008
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

BASHER16

Scotland 
FIRST FOREST ADVENTURE IN LOCHGILPHEAD FOR 2008

Next outing in the Lochgilhead Forest is on the cards for Jan26/27 as usual a two choice drive. One for nicer vehicles Smile and we will take special note if any Rather smart Rangey's arrive Laughing
The second option is for the more adventurous Rolling Eyes and is a fairly demanding drive Thumbs Up
We are being honoured with the presence of the local rag so shiny shoes hair slicked back and please curb the blasphemy Laughing
Anyone wishing details of any kind drop me a line here on the site and I will be pleased to give information of any kind. You can join our weekend for one day or two and if interest is shown we will run a night drive on Sat evening 8.30 untill approx 11.00. This is a pretty scary drive as it is usually dark Cool
Cost for the drive is £25.00 per day or £35.00 for full weekend regardless of occupants.

Just thought I would post this up for you lads as Tim seems to have been very quiet of late Whistle Lochgilphead is in BONNIE SCOTLAND Thumbs Up

Post #151093 Thu Jan 10 2008 11:13pm
TB

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Arctic Frost

I think Tim has gone back to work again so will probably be out of the loop for a while.

So post the details, I'm sure a few members will be interested.

You could also post a link over on our sister site www.disco3.co.uk Arctic Frost TDV6 SE. Aspen Leather, Cherry Wood, Privacy Glass, PTI, Tow Pack, Mudflaps, Tasmods, a new Fuelflap, a RRSport.co.uk umbrella in the boot & a RRSport.co.uk sticker on the rear glass.

Some people accuse me of thinking the world revolves around me, but I'm not stupid . . . I know it revolves around the sun. Which shines out of my @rse!!!

Post #151095 Thu Jan 10 2008 11:19pm
BASHER16

Scotland 

TB wrote:
I think Tim has gone back to work again so will probably be out of the loop for a while.

So post the details, I'm sure a few members will be interested.

You could also post a link over on our sister site www.disco3.co.uk

MANY THANKS TB Thumbs Up

Yes Tim is off on the high seas again, I had an email from him today well actually it was more of a novel I didnt know a thread could be as long as the one he sent me Smile . Our post for the event is just to let folks know about this Gem of an area Thumbs Up . The actual drive to and through Inverary and onwards towards Lochgilphead is a truly superb drive in itself.

IAN

Post #151308 Fri Jan 11 2008 4:55pm
Alicatt

Belgium 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Buckingham Blue

BASHER16 wrote:
. The actual drive to and through Inverary and onwards towards Lochgilphead is a truly superb drive in itself.

IAN

We used to keep our tin tent at Inverary, it is a spectacular drive, going up and across "the Rest and be thankful" with loch Restil and then the long coast down the hill to Loch Fyne. Look out for the wild Palm trees on the banks of Loch Fyne too, They were still growing there a couple of years ago when I was last there, first seen them in the 1960s. Some of my dad's folks come from Minard, he was the Police Sargent there and my uncle was a school teacher in Lochgilphead.
I won't be back in the country until the next weekend , would have loved to have gone on the trip. Sons of dogs come hither and get flesh
Clan Cameron

Post #151315 Fri Jan 11 2008 6:12pm
BASHER16

Scotland 

[The long coast down the hill to Loch Fyne. Look out for the wild Palm trees on the banks of Loch Fyne too, The long coast downhill can be a trecherous one, A chappie driving a Vectra lost control just at the waterfall , he veered down the bank and after about 1000yards stopped just at the edge of the drop into the river Shocked . I know this as we were returning from our drive and saw the commotion with breakdown truck and about a dozen cars backed up on the road. We stopped and found the breakdown truck had too short a winch wire to reach the car. So one of our team volunteered to drive down and try to reach the vehicle Rolling Eyes So with a skillfull bit of driving on a fairly demanding hillside he drove to within 200 feet of the car. He winched the car enough to let the truck winch take over. The truck pulled the car to terra firma and our man made easy work of getting back up under his own steam Thumbs Up . The gathered crown were clearly in great respect of this generous gesture and applauded the Landy back to tarmac. We asked where the driver was and the truck driver said he's having a drink and declined to come with the recovery truck. We have withheld the LANDY 90 drivers Name as his head was big enough after all his adoring fans were just short of asking for his autograph Rolling Eyes bleedin showoff Thumbs Up

Post #151324 Fri Jan 11 2008 7:32pm
Alicatt

Belgium 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Buckingham Blue

Ouch! Know where you are talking about. The road has been well improved sincce the time I first started going there, it was single track and a switchback all the way down.
My father owned a garage in Bonhill up to the 70s, Tarbert was about as far north as we went for tow ins. We did have one Bedford 4x4 truck with a winch off the PTO, it had about 100yards of 1.5" wire rope on it, pulled many a car out a field without getting our tyres dirty Wink The tyres on it were 1600 x 20" dunlop track grip Cool Sons of dogs come hither and get flesh
Clan Cameron

Post #151368 Fri Jan 11 2008 10:16pm
BASHER16

Scotland 

Alicatt wrote:
Ouch! Know where you are talking about. The road has been well improved sincce the time I first started going there, it was single track and a switchback all the way down.
My father owned a garage in Bonhill up to the 70s, Tarbert was about as far north as we went for tow ins. We did have one Bedford 4x4 truck with a winch off the PTO, it had about 100yards of 1.5" wire rope on it, pulled many a car out a field without getting our tyres dirty Wink The tyres on it were 1600 x 20" dunlop track grip Cool

We travel this road and have done for six years we run about 8/10 drives per year. That said we still love the trip which for us is including return to where we live 140 miles but we never tire of the run.
The fuel can be a bit maddening as it just keeps creeping upwards.
The Bedford KM was a superb workhorse, I drove one for about six months when I was tiring of the joinery trade and wanted something new. But money wasnt in the driving so thankfully went back to the trade and started a small Joinery business which I still run and is the reason I can sneak away every friday before any drive to repair and upkeep the routes we drive.Our small team is superb and they relish some of the back breaking work I make them slave over Rolling Eyes

Post #151370 Fri Jan 11 2008 10:42pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1