RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Depreciation Good News
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

l

Spain 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue
Depreciation Good News

Just seen an article on www.msncars.co.uk saying that the RRS would only depreciate 40% over 3 years so after 3 years it would be worth 60% of its new value. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Shocked Shocked Shocked I can see lots of people trading in their cars within the next 3 years Bring on the V8 Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing RRS TDV6 HSE BUCKINGHAM BLUE BLACK LEATHER INTERIOR RHODIUM TASMOD SILLS PARROT 3000 EVOLUTION WHITE SIDE REPEATERS RRPORT.CO.UK BROLLY & STICKER
HOW GOOD IS THIS CAR!!!!
8 YEARS AND STILL GETTING LOOKS

Post #7313 Thu Dec 08 2005 10:01am
abrooker

Hong Kong 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Vesuvius Orange
Re: Depreciation Good News

l wrote:
Just seen an article on www.msncars.co.uk saying that the RRS would only depreciate 40% over 3 years so after 3 years it would be worth 60% of its new value. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Shocked Shocked Shocked I can see lots of people trading in their cars within the next 3 years Bring on the V8 Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Can't figure anything out in that website. 2005 RRS SC 1st Edition Vesuvius Orange

Post #7314 Thu Dec 08 2005 10:20am
l

Spain 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

Sorry it's uk.msn.com scroll down to cars and the headline isJust in Latest Depreciation data RRS TDV6 HSE BUCKINGHAM BLUE BLACK LEATHER INTERIOR RHODIUM TASMOD SILLS PARROT 3000 EVOLUTION WHITE SIDE REPEATERS RRPORT.CO.UK BROLLY & STICKER
HOW GOOD IS THIS CAR!!!!
8 YEARS AND STILL GETTING LOOKS

Post #7315 Thu Dec 08 2005 10:27am
keith

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Buckingham Blue

Found it here

http://cars.msn.co.uk/carnews/depreciationdec05/

Thanks I.

Good news for the 2.7 owners. I don't think the petrol cars will fair so well.

Keith 4.4HSE Buckingham Blue
Alpaca Premium Leather, Rhodium
Dynamic Pack, PTI

Post #7317 Thu Dec 08 2005 10:34am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

When I bought my L322 RR the projected depreciation over the first 3 years was 30%, on a par with the SLK and some BMWs, 2 years later when I came to sell it the story was totally different, there was oversupply in the 2nd hand market and the depreciation worked out at 33% over 2 years. I can see the same thing happening to the Sport................. Crying or Very sad 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #7318 Thu Dec 08 2005 10:44am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
abrooker

I just read the review on that site. What I don't understand is why everyone's banging on about the poor fuel economy? who cares? no one bangs on about supercar fuel economy so why should they with this? To me it seems lots of people want the RRS but can't afford to fuel it. good. keeps it more exclusive. also, i don't think Land Rover are targetting people who care about having 30 or even 20mpg from their cars. these reviewers are just Censored off they can't afford to run one cos otherwise they'd snap one up in a heartbeat. 2005 RRS SC 1st Edition Vesuvius Orange

Post #7319 Thu Dec 08 2005 10:51am
Tim in Scotland

Unfortunately poor fuel economy seems to be becoming a "feature" of modern Land Rovers as they become heavier and heavier, although I am averaging 26-27mpg in the Tdv6 in day to day driving whereas my TD6 RR was getting 23-24mpg in the same conditions. However on a l;ong trip the TD6 was markedly more economical, regularly returning 32mpg whereas the best I have managed so far in the Sport on a run from Stirtling to Southampton has been 29mpg. Maybe as the Sport get a few more miles on it things will improve, it only has 5500 miles so far. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #7320 Thu Dec 08 2005 10:57am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
abrooker

i'd say anything over 20mpg in a 4x4 is pretty good going. 2005 RRS SC 1st Edition Vesuvius Orange

Post #7321 Thu Dec 08 2005 11:06am
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey

People who have bought the Supercharged have done so because of the fun factor in driving it, not the fuel economy. I wouldn't expect the SC to be frugal on the juice, however I would expect the diesel to be acceptable, and I think if you can only get 21mpg as some of you are, then it's not acceptable enough.

If the DV8 can do over 30mpg, it will really tempt me away from petrol engines in a 4x4. L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #7327 Thu Dec 08 2005 11:28am
MDP

United Kingdom 

RRUK wrote:
People who have bought the Supercharged have done so because of the fun factor in driving it, not the fuel economy. I wouldn't expect the SC to be frugal on the juice, however I would expect the diesel to be acceptable, and I think if you can only get 21mpg as some of you are, then it's not acceptable enough.

If the DV8 can do over 30mpg, it will really tempt me away from petrol engines in a 4x4.

Same here - it would have to be such a large improvement in mpg to make me swap from the Supercharged 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #7331 Thu Dec 08 2005 11:59am
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

abrooker wrote:
i'd say anything over 20mpg in a 4x4 is pretty good going.

I'd agree, especially in the petrols. Some of the diesel mpg's we're seeing is a bit disappointing, if not entirely unsurprising. I'm getting 24/25mpg out of mine in day-to-day driving and that suits me... I think a lot of folks are incorrectly comparing economies between 4x4s and saloon-type cars with similar engine size. 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #7352 Thu Dec 08 2005 1:51pm
Tim in Scotland

I've managed to get mine over the 32.4mpg (32.9 on the trip comp) hump after a fill up and gentle run home, but I had to upshift as soon as the command shift would let me in manual/ sport mode to get that.......................
and to hold 6th until the box automatically downshifted when the revs fell off too much on a trailing throttle. It's a totally boring way to drive though and no fun whatsoever. I'll be sticking to letting the 'box do it's own thing in future and to hell with the economy - I'll be leaving that to my Dad when he drives it he's big into eeking the last mile out of a drop of fuel - he's a fully paid up member of the Eastbourne Expres brigade owning a 1.4l Honda Civic Laughing 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #7369 Thu Dec 08 2005 2:52pm
Biggles

England 

22.8 on the way into work never seems to better that,
Tim I thought that 6th gear could not be selected in manual or sport mode. Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #7370 Thu Dec 08 2005 3:06pm
Tim in Scotland

Oh yes it can! If the revs are above about 1700rpm in 5th and you are selecting the gears manually rather than in Sport auto mode. It will not allow you to manually up or down shift if the shift will send the revs through the roof or drop them out of the lower reaches of the rev band.
I must admit that after the first 3 days with my Frelander Auto TD4, commandshift lost it's novelty and I hardly ever use it unless I am offroad, in which case the car lives in commandshift from Low 1st to 3rd and if I can get it into 3rd or 4th Low it is time to go back to highbox and let it do it's own thing in full auto mode. I have tried low 6th but it is totally pointless, shifting to highbox is much kinder to the engine!

Stu here is somebody else that can do it as well:
http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=893 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #7374 Thu Dec 08 2005 3:19pm
GMH

United Kingdom 

If the RRS gets the V8 diesel engine, then residuals on the V6 will take a hit. You're only got to read how many of you will want to upgrade to the V8 to know that the V6 model will be in over suppy.
Good for those in the market and wanting to buy second hand.

I wonder what prices LR will give in trade in. From experience with other car makers, they never ever give you want it should be worth when they don't have to. This will probably be the case when the V8 comes out.
It will be very interesting to see how they play it.

Post #7836 Tue Dec 13 2005 11:57am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1