Home > Australia & New Zealand > Transportation Mode
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

tastech

Australia 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Rimini Red
Transportation Mode

Hi
Just a question...
a mate of mine has a disco 3, its about 3 months old.
Everytime he turns off the ignition the suspension height drops...(and no he hasnt selected access height,)
I finally found a possible explanation...maybe the dealer never turned off transportation mode?

Does anyone think this sounds right?
or is it normal behaviour for it to drop height?

Post #150015 Sat Dec 29 2007 11:49am
Phantom

Belgium 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Wasn't that an option that you could set for easy access? 08.5 RRS TDV6 HSE Java Black/Alpaga - Cold Climate Pack - Privacy Glass - Bluetooth - Sunroof - 20" wheels - Rubber Floor mats.
07 Mini Cooper Cabrio - Astro Black - Leather Recaro seats - Chili Pack - Chrome Pack - Chrono Pack - Extra Lights - JCW/K&N engine tuning - John Cooper edition.

Previous cars:
Mercedes C 270CDI - Opel Vectra GTS 2.2DTI - Volvo V40 1.9DTI - Mercedes C 220CDI

Post #150025 Sat Dec 29 2007 2:06pm
landroverstormer

England 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Tastech, I think you are spot on! When the cars arrive they are set to transport mode, which is actually much lower than the normal access mode. You'll notice at dealerships the rear wheels are much further into the arches in transport mode.

The only confusing thing is that I would assume that certain other features are disabled in transport mode so as to preserve the battery, and I wonder if the car can be taken out of transport mode but the suspension be left in?

I did see a FFRR the other day which looked like it was in access mode driving along the road. I then saw the guy at the petrol station and asked him why his FFRR was so low. It turned out that someone had reprogrammed the suspension software so that the normal drive height was at the same level as access mode! I'd guess it would be a very choppy ride indeed! TDV8 HSE in Java/Ebony with Zebrano Wood, RSE, Hybrid TV, and a few other bells and whistles.

Discovery 1 V8i Auto (The Off Road Toy)

Post #150029 Sat Dec 29 2007 3:35pm
Phantom

Belgium 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

landroverstormer wrote:
Tastech, I think you are spot on! When the cars arrive they are set to transport mode, which is actually much lower than the normal access mode. You'll notice at dealerships the rear wheels are much further into the arches in transport mode.

My wheels do that when I lock them into access mode, it scared me the first time as I thought something was wrong with the axe.
I need to lower the RRS to enter the parking at work, it still scares me to see the roof so close Embarassed 08.5 RRS TDV6 HSE Java Black/Alpaga - Cold Climate Pack - Privacy Glass - Bluetooth - Sunroof - 20" wheels - Rubber Floor mats.
07 Mini Cooper Cabrio - Astro Black - Leather Recaro seats - Chili Pack - Chrome Pack - Chrono Pack - Extra Lights - JCW/K&N engine tuning - John Cooper edition.

Previous cars:
Mercedes C 270CDI - Opel Vectra GTS 2.2DTI - Volvo V40 1.9DTI - Mercedes C 220CDI

Post #150030 Sat Dec 29 2007 3:39pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I agree that it sounds like the dealer hasn't disabled the transportation mode, and the car should be checked out straight away before any damage is done to it. The system is there so that LR can get the cars into the low decks on car carrier ships and into low ramped car transporters to save space, but is also stops the car from rocking around when transported.

LandRoverStormer there is a German company called Matzker who market the "lower than access height" mode, it also has a "higher than offroad" setting which basically keeps the car at the height that the grounding sensor will lift it to. They are represented in the UK by Frog's Island I think and also a couple of dealers here. The kit works on any Disco 3, RRS and FFRR fitted with air suspension. I have a 3 page scanned item from LROI in my gallery about the system.
The links below are the 3 pages
http://www.rrsport.co.uk/gallery/albums/userpics/10015/P1.pdf
http://www.rrsport.co.uk/gallery/albums/userpics/10015/P2.pdf
http://www.rrsport.co.uk/gallery/albums/userpics/10015/P3.pdf 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #150037 Sat Dec 29 2007 5:01pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1