RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Why are LR Dealers so bad?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

bermyandy

2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Zermatt Silver
Why are LR Dealers so bad?

Sorry, but just needed to come here for a general rant

Car in again, one of the issues being a click from when in AUX on the stereo. Tech guys looked at it, and told me it is normal. I said it's not, that it is a fault that only just developed. There response was to quote me a line from the manual and to next time only use the volume on the ipod.

I sent them an email at 7am this morning explaining this is utter tosh, and an unsatisfactory outcome, and could someone please contact me asap.

And guess what, still no contact. What is it with people these days? In my office, if someone sent me an email asking for a response ASAP, I would get a severe Censored if i didnt. And i dont even deal with customers, so surely they should be even more on top of it!!

Sorry, crap rant i know, but its Land Rover dealer themselves that are making me think about walking away because every little fault has the same out come

Post #149067 Wed Dec 19 2007 2:20pm
gaopa

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 SE Giverney Green

Sorry that you are not getting good dealer service. I live 60 miles away from my Land Rover Centre and have been a loyal customer there for 11 years now. My centre (Land Rover Greenville, Greenville, SC, USA) is outstanding! They have an excellent sales staff and also an excellent service staff. I have never had a problem with any of the Rovers that I have owned that they could not resolve. I simply cannot say enough good things about my centre. Merry Christmas! Bill P.

Post #149068 Wed Dec 19 2007 2:51pm
ayates

United States 2007 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Buckingham Blue

I agree but not all LR Dealers are the same.... so far I have had 3 in 3 different countries:

Town & Country (Aberdeen, Scotland) ..... Poor service and a rather high and mighty attitude!

BilForum (Stavanger, Norway)..... they were fairly good, they didnt sell too many LR in Norway, so I thought that they saw their customers as special. Only problem is that one day they did repairs without asking and presented a HUGE bill, which later they halved.

Now we moved again and have have bought the LR3 and RRS from Landrover Houston North (TX, USA).... top notch, always helpful and prompt, free loaner cars, happy to advise, get the odd call to ask how things are going and can they be of service. I live the otherside of Houston from the dealer and I am happy to drive 50miles to see them despite 2 dealers that are closer (one of which is utter crap.... for those in Houston its the one on Old Katy Road... you know the one !) Brit across the Pond Wink
07 TATA (LR) RRS SuperVindaloocharged, Buckingham Blue, Stormers, TPMS, Sunroof, Rear Difflock,PDC front & rear, Privacy, Rear twin DVD, premium ice, mudflaps, premium Ivory leather, lined oak, PTI, Sat Radio.

Post #149073 Wed Dec 19 2007 3:04pm
bermyandy

And why, when i give them a follow up call at 1pm, have they still not got back to me?!?!?!?!

Hate them!

Post #149074 Wed Dec 19 2007 3:25pm
Madg

One of the dealers mentioned above has actually been fine with me, you can probably guess which one by my location. I bought an approved used RRS from them and anything I've went back to them with they have rectified to date.

Post #149076 Wed Dec 19 2007 4:54pm
PauloAmore

Scotland 
Re: Why are LR Dealers so bad?

bermyandy wrote:
Sorry, but just needed to come here for a general rant

Car in again, one of the issues being a click from when in AUX on the stereo. Tech guys looked at it, and told me it is normal. I said it's not, that it is a fault that only just developed. There response was to quote me a line from the manual and to next time only use the volume on the ipod.

I sent them an email at 7am this morning explaining this is utter tosh, and an unsatisfactory outcome, and could someone please contact me asap.

And guess what, still no contact. What is it with people these days? In my office, if someone sent me an email asking for a response ASAP, I would get a severe Censored if i didnt. And i dont even deal with customers, so surely they should be even more on top of it!!

Sorry, crap rant i know, but its Land Rover dealer themselves that are making me think about walking away because every little fault has the same out come

Why don't you take your business to Charles Hurst, our new forum sponsor...

They'll surely want the warranty work. They'll know it'll be high profile. They'll do a good job. Other RRsporters will take their cars there. Then we'll buy our next one there. Then Martin's ad rates go up. We get a faster server. Your car breaks down. CH gets the warranty work. Makes more money. Martin gets rich. We're all happy! 2022 P440e AB

Post #149077 Wed Dec 19 2007 4:55pm
Lookers Park Royal

Sounds like a plan to me! Whistle

PM me if we're needed! Thumbs Up

Post #149078 Wed Dec 19 2007 5:14pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
PauloAmore

Scotland 

Town & Country (Aberdeen, Scotland) have been fine with me too. 2022 P440e AB

Post #149079 Wed Dec 19 2007 5:16pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

There are some excellent service agents in the LR network - my local one is 1st class. Recently 2 other dealerships have opened within 30 miles of home and then there is Charles Hurst in London who I bought the car from (and who, if I am also in London for other business I will try out as well). I thought LR had done some weeding out but it appears that there are still a few less than perfect service managers out there
It is actually quite a while since we have had any postings on the forums about poor service/dealer performance.
Bermy please name and shame them in the Dealership Feedback section so we can all steer clear of them! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #149080 Wed Dec 19 2007 5:36pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
bermyandy

One point I should maybe make clear - all my dealings to date have been with the sales guy, on the basis that he sold it to me, and so when I ask for goodwill, it's easier to ask him.

The service guys there have been very very good. There have been parts where they could have fixed rather than replaced (like new rear discs because the old ones were squeaky) and I feel like the service guys have done a great job. They have just been let down by the sale guys.

Admittedly, the sales guy deals with sales, and maybe this is partly my fault for picking this particular route, but I honestly felt that on things such as asking for free servicing etc, it was better if all my issues were dealt with through the sales guy as he has more to owe me rather, than the service guy who is just fixing my car

If that makes any sense?!

Post #149084 Wed Dec 19 2007 6:00pm
ayates

United States 2007 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Buckingham Blue

T&C Aberdeen was I admit 5yrs or so ago, so I hope they have improved (sounds like they may have)... but goes to show good and especially bad customer service is remembered for years. Brit across the Pond Wink
07 TATA (LR) RRS SuperVindaloocharged, Buckingham Blue, Stormers, TPMS, Sunroof, Rear Difflock,PDC front & rear, Privacy, Rear twin DVD, premium ice, mudflaps, premium Ivory leather, lined oak, PTI, Sat Radio.

Post #149108 Wed Dec 19 2007 9:58pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

There are some important ears and eyes watching this forum, so all feedback, good or bad, is worthwhile - sometimes it's the only way to get the word across effectively Thumbs Up 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #149130 Thu Dec 20 2007 9:44am
kljw

Scotland 
Morrisons of Stirling

I use Morrisons of Stirling, have used several others around the country in the past, and nothing in my opinion can compare. a family business, with the family attitude, what we nned. Thumbs Up

Deal with Chris for sales, nice chap, stupid hair cut though. and John for servicing, he likes to watch big brother, but lets not hold that against him. should also mention the girls on reception.... hot! Bow down Bow down

Post #152019 Thu Jan 17 2008 12:54pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1