RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Another Newbie, whats the general view on the Td6 HSE ??
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

Mosi

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Alaska White
Another Newbie, whats the general view on the Td6 HSE ??

Hello Chaps, another newbie here.

I get my HSE Td6 delivered on Monday next week (Java/Cream/bluetooth/steps/privacy/S-Charger grills), how are people getting on with these as longer term ownership prospects ?

Pro's & Con's (be honest please Very Happy )

I had a Range Rover Vogue Td6 last year and I rejected it after 3 months of ownership (it broke down every month, had £6k of warranty work done and was disabled on my drive with a broken ignition barrel for weeks as we awaited the part on back order!)....will my RRS be better ?

What mpg am I going to get in real World driving ? (after having a Cayenne Turbo earlier this year mpg is a sore subject for me!!)

Cheers in advance

Post #7092 Tue Dec 06 2005 6:04pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Quote:
What mpg am I going to get in real World driving ? (after having a Cayenne Turbo earlier this year mpg is a sore subject for me!!)

About 23mpg 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #7097 Tue Dec 06 2005 6:10pm
Mosi

Very annoyed wrote:
Quote:

About 23mpg

Ok, thats fine.

I just chopped in a BMW 535d Sport, and that was doing 23mpg too Very Happy

Good stuff, I can sell my shares in SHELL & BP now.

Post #7101 Tue Dec 06 2005 6:11pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Porsche Cayenne Turbo to Sport TDv6................. no comparison!
You should manage better than 25mpg all the time (often a lot more) unless you get stuck in commuter traffic for hours or thrash the goolies out of it (there's no need to do that as it is such a nice machine just to drive "normally" in.
The acceleration is on a different planet to the Porsche - 11.6s 0-60 for the Sport - if you want Cayenne Turbo performance then buy a Supercharged Sport and get 15-18 mpg or less for your pains.

Ride comfort will be like a magic carpet compared to the Porsche and the quality of the fitting should be equal or better!

But I am biased as I have only had Land Rovers for the last 10 years.

You should read some of the other posters here who have come from BM's and Audis like Biggles and RRUK to get a less one sided view!
I came down from a faultless L322 Range Rover TD6 SE to the Sport and there is little I miss, just a few trivail points in the design of the interior but you cannot have everything!

You won't regret buying a Sport, even after the Porsche.

Here is a thread you should read:

http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=868 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #7102 Tue Dec 06 2005 6:12pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Wasn't there someone else recently who was an existing Cayenne Turbo owner that was buying into an RRS? I think that was a SC, though. I come from a long line of BMs and have been nearly always pleasantly surprised by the RRS. There are things I prefer about BMs and things that I prefer about the RRS, but certainly am enjoying owning it. It's a gorgeous looking car, it does pretty much what I ask of it for being a workhorse and it doesn't empty my bank account for me every time I fill it up. It's also stopped me from being somewhat of a speed freak, which can only be a good thing (at least for my license anyway!).

There have been a few recurring issues that some of us have had to put up with and it's not without it's teething problems. Personally (touch wood) I haven't been affected yet by anything horrendous.... 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #7131 Tue Dec 06 2005 6:46pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

agree entirely. 23mpg would be a fair MPG in my view too.
I once got 32.4mpg coming back from London and that was excellent in my book (see other post somewhere on the general forum).

535d.. i was actually looking at one of these at £36k when i was mooching around, then i came across the RRS, even though its no where near as quick, it worked out a lot cheaper to buy even being 9k more expensive, as the balloon on the RRS worked out to so much more then the 535d..

Plus would have lost my license in a 535d, i heard it once described as a freaking road ballistic missile! i used to have a 330d sport and that was quick enough, with so much torque on tap, was almost rude not to rag it every time i got into it..

Post #7134 Tue Dec 06 2005 6:52pm
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey

I thought the 535D would have done better MPG than that...made me go off ever wanting one, why only do 23mpg in that when you can have a V8 engined M5 that does 21mpg and is ALOT more fun to drive....

Sorry for averting the thread there.

Back on course now. Laughing L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #7136 Tue Dec 06 2005 6:59pm
Mosi

RRUK wrote:
I thought the 535D would have done better MPG than that...made me go off ever wanting one, why only do 23mpg in that when you can have a V8 engined M5 that does 21mpg and is ALOT more fun to drive....

Sorry for averting the thread there.

Back on course now. Laughing

The 535d Sport is a bloomin quick motor, the thing is once you get those twin turbo's spooled up it sups juice as quick as anything else!

I drove it like a Saint to Anglesey the other day and I managed 30.1mpg (and that really was driving like a Granny!)....on the return trip I got bored with my little mpg experiment and hoofed it...I was back down to 23.5mpg by the time I got home.

Anyway back to the thread Very Happy

Post #7147 Tue Dec 06 2005 8:26pm
smudge

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey

Mosi,
I too recently picked up my TDV6 HSE - I've only managed to get out in it a couple of times so far (unbeleivable - I know!).

This is my first foray into the "luxury" end of the car market and was not sure what to expect. I was intially looking at an RS4 / Audi estate as I have a newborn - but having looked at the boot capacity, figured our current Focus easily has as much luggage/boot space.

Then, I started thinking that 80% of my time in a new car will be in 20% of driving situations, either (a) M25 congested traffic or (b) long drives down to my inlaws in New Forest or Devon. I concluded that I needed something with lots of space, a sporty look, relatively rare and was a pleasure to drive in the above situations.

X5 was out because ia million school mums drive 'em (although, quality of X5 and features was impressive) Cayenne cannot stand the exterior looks and really why do I need to get to 60mph in 6 seconds... leaving the RRS.

Plus the bonus is, offroad ability is unsurpassed and I can get Turbochips upgrade if I really yearn for some extra performance.(which I may considering doing in 3-6months)

One thing I've noticed from my limited time in the car is : I am now longer in a rush to go everywhere as it is so pleaseant to "cruise" - Schmoogle captured these sentiments in another thread. From the "middle" lane I see all the white van drivers , tope end exec cars (BM's, Audis) and sports cars angrily trying to go as fast as possible as quickly as possible to get from A to B.. and I used to be in the fast lane too doing this... now, though I am happy to sit with a smile on my face doing 70 in the middle lane in my luxury/safe coconned environment. I even don't mind sitting on the M25 in delays/accidents etc... ! (maybe it's cos I'm getting older though Smile )

In short, I am very pleased with the car - hope you will be too.. Range Rover Sport TdV6HSE Bonatti Grey 20" FE Stormer wheels, Privacy Glass, Mats, Boot Mat, black badges, SC grille and vents

Post #7227 Wed Dec 07 2005 12:00pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I think it is more to do with the calming design of the interior, a lot of owners of L322 Range Rovers have reported a similar situation.............. their car is now a nice place to chill out and relax in comfort and it is good to prolong the experience by driving that bit slower!

I have just had my 1st crush hour drive home from Glasgow in an age this evening,I am so pleased that I don't have to do it every day. All those idiots driving on badly adjusted front fog lights, schoolrun mums concentrating more on phoning their friends than on the road around them and the kids in their car and folks who sit at traffic lights with their foot on the footbrake instead of pulling on the handbrake and engaging neutral, thus dazzling the driver behind............ it's a mad house - give me a ship in the Dover Strait or on the Japanese coast any day! But at least I didn't once feel the need to carve anybody up, flash my lights or sound the horn at any of the idiots around me - turn on the radio and put the climate control on recirc, sit back and just chill! It would only be better if I could have a person to drive the car for me in town , until we reach the city outskirts and then I would take over again Laughing 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #7270 Wed Dec 07 2005 6:37pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Mosi

My new Rangie gets delivered in about 15 mins!!

I'm looking forward to it Very Happy 10 Lamborghini LP560-4 Spyder
10 Rangey Sport HSE TdV6 (with Overfinch bling)
10 Audi Q5 2.0Tdi DSG S-Line
No 1 on the list for an Evoque (for wife obviously!)

Post #7789 Mon Dec 12 2005 6:34pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Mosi wrote:
My new Rangie gets delivered in about 15 mins!!

I'm looking forward to it Very Happy

If that's so what the hell are you doing talking to us? Very Happy Very Happy Enjoy! 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #7790 Mon Dec 12 2005 6:35pm
shmoogle

United Kingdom 

Yeah, too right!! Get out on your drive way so you can see it coming down the road!! I did this very thing when mine was delivered but the delivery bloke drove straight past! Shocked For a moment, I did wonder if by any massive coincidence was anyone else in the village taking delivery of a Java Black HSE! Fortunately after a couple of mins he came back again from the opposite direction complaining about the fact his satnav sent him somewhere else! Wink 

Post #7792 Mon Dec 12 2005 6:40pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

haha.. bloody typical.. great start!
and Mosi, i hope you have got urself off the computer and are standing on ur driveway right now anxiously waiting for it to appear!!

Whats with having ur cars delivered, i would never have the patience for that! alays go down the dealer and get it, even if its coming from liverpool/manchester/london *have done this in the past!*

Post #7801 Mon Dec 12 2005 7:09pm
shmoogle

United Kingdom 

Mine came from the dealer in Shrewsbury and it wasn't feasible at the time to get up there on the day it was ready or on either of the adjacent weekends, so I chose to take delivery at home. But you're right, I like going to the dealers and taking just one more danish than you normally would when just waiting for your car after a service! 

Post #7803 Mon Dec 12 2005 7:12pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>