Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Newbie... Hello
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

IT Lad

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 S Zermatt Silver
Newbie... Hello

Hello everybody...

I came across this site a few weeks ago after I ordered my first Range Rover Sport... Great Tips and some funny reading…

If only I found it sooner, reckon I could have got a better deal from Kam100 on my finance!!

I have ordered a RRS S, (Dealer Options) Front & Rear Mud Flaps, Side Steps, Chrome Fender Vents, Painted Door Mirrors, Rubber Boot Mat (with RR Logo), Carpets Mats (Factory Options) Electric folding door mirrors, Micatallic paint, Privacy glass (to rear of B post), Leather trim, 20" 10 spoke alloy wheels. Colour Silver.

Was a bit gutted that I did not order the Clear View Pack and the rear parking sensor (I did try but the car is being built next week and they said it was too late)… Can these be added aftermarket? Or is it to much hassle/expensive.

Should be with me on or around 15th Jan 2008.

Cheers for now.

Post #146849 Fri Nov 30 2007 9:38pm
tony2

Hi and welcome,
Good news on your ordred Rangie, I'm sure you will love it.
Like you I am also a newbie to this site and have found the information on here invaluable. Collected my RRS today and I am very impressed even after just one journey (London to Taunton). Pity the weather was so awful, filthy by the time I got home and it looked so clean and shiny in the showroom.
Good luck for your delivery in January..............TC Thumbs Up

2.7 TDV6 HSE Java black with Ivory/Aspen interior. Enjoying life and spending the kids inheritence

Post #146850 Fri Nov 30 2007 10:53pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Guys welcome to both of you, Tony2 yes the weather last evening was grim for collecting a new car but at least you got to see on day 1 just how confidence inspiring the RRS is in nasty weather.

ITLad, parking sensors can be bought aftermarket from the likes of Halfords or good auto stores for a lot less than an LR dealer will charge you to supply and fit the LR system. Which part of the Cold weather pack is it that your want? Having specified leather interior then I think (need to look at LR's notoriuosly out of date website) you get the heaters for the front seats. I think that any competent auto electrician should be able to fit the heated front screen and washer jets but how well these can be integrated into the cars wiring loom I do not know as RRS has very complex electrical systems and numerous electronic control units for all of these things when they are factory installed - it may just be a case of the dealer enabling them like they do when you have the tow pack installed by the dealer. However, just a thought - if newer RRS's warm up as quickly as my new Tdv8 does compared to the TDv6 that I have run for the last 29 months then the heated front screen is almost redundant as I get hot air out of the blowers on the new car within a couple of minutes of starting up on frosty mornings because of the fuel burning heater that seems more efficient than it used to be. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #146863 Sat Dec 01 2007 9:06am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
IT Lad

Tony2, well done on your car…That’s a nice early Christmas Present… Very Happy Is this the first sport that you have owned?

Thanks for the response Tim, so is the V8 a lot more powerful then, bet you’re having fun… Cool

It was the Clear View Pack that I wanted, front fog lamps, headlamp power wash, automatic headlamps, rain sensor andelectrochromatic rear view mirror.. Can’t believe I didn’t order it in the first place…

If I get the parking sensors fitted at lets say Halfords, would they integrate into the Land Rover as much as the LR ones?

Cheers.

Post #146865 Sat Dec 01 2007 9:51am
tony2

IT LAD,
Yes, this is my first sport, but I have owned 4 Range Rovers including this one over the years
1. 1981 3.5 V8 four door (Classic)
2. 1991 3.9 V8 Vogue SE (Classic)
3. !999 4.6 V8 HSE (P138)
4. This one.
Keep coming back to the marque, love Range Rovers. Bow down
Cheers..........TC. Enjoying life and spending the kids inheritence

Post #146870 Sat Dec 01 2007 10:47am
flydive

Switzerland 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

Welcome to the forum. '08 RRS TDV8
I converted my diesel RRS to run on an environmentally friendly mixture of caribou fat and baby seals oil

Post #146873 Sat Dec 01 2007 12:06pm
Tim in Scotland

ITlad, sorry for not reading your post properly Embarassed Embarassed

I think that most of the pack SHOULD be capable of being fitted by the dealer but the labour cost would be very high............................. Afterall if you have a smash involves replacements then they must be available, but whether you can buy them as accessories sorry I don't know - have you asked the dealer's parts department? I wouldn't ask the sales guys in the showroom as they probably wouldn't know but the guy in the parts shop will be able to access the computer for the part numbers 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #146884 Sat Dec 01 2007 5:53pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
IT Lad

Thanks Tim,

I will ask the dealer to give me a price then…. I don’t know who my dealer is yet as it was financed through Lombard by Neva Consultants, I will call them next week.

I haven’t even sat in a RR sport yet let alone test drive one Shocked …but I know I’m going to love it.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Can anyone tell me what the standard stereo is like, is it very powerfull/good sound or do I need to upgrade it.

Thanks

Post #146942 Sun Dec 02 2007 12:11pm
Tim in Scotland

It very difficult to uprade it with aftermarket stuff as it is a custom design but if you use the search function on the orange tool bar there are posts from people who have upgraded. Personally I find the standard unit pretty good. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #146947 Sun Dec 02 2007 7:50pm
tony2

IT Lad,

I personally find the stereo in the HSE very good with clear treble and good bass response. I dont know how it compares to the Logic 7 system, but like everything else, if you hear it you will probably want it.
I have put 750 miles on the clock of mine over the weekend and I am thoroughly delighted with the vehicle, so are my two sons who have driven it and are now planning to sell their wives, kids and houses on Ebay so they can buy one. You wont be dissapointed when you get yours. Laughing
Cheers..........TC. Enjoying life and spending the kids inheritence

Post #147019 Tue Dec 04 2007 12:13am
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Congrats new boys and welcome to the forum Thumbs Up

As Tim says, getting bits retrofitted is often a bit of a black art, especially where physical changes would be needed... all very well hearing this now of course, but it's usually best to get things factory fitted.

Good luck with it all anyway Very Happy 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #147030 Tue Dec 04 2007 9:54am
XXXAngelXXX

Germany 

welcome ! Cool 
L 405 2013 FFRR 5.0 SC
--------------------------------------------------------------
WINNER - 2009 �Best Avatar� Award
WINNER - 2009 Comedian Of The Year Award

Post #147032 Tue Dec 04 2007 10:05am
IT Lad

Tony 2,

Thanks for the info on the stereo; I’m sure you’ll let your sons drive it when ever they want… Wink

Thanks for the reply’s everyone…

I have just spoken to the dealer and he is going to colour code the door handles and fit front fogs, so I’m happy chappy. Very Happy Also my clear side indicators have come from ebay…

Roll on the 15th

Cheers

Post #147408 Thu Dec 06 2007 4:09pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

IT Lad - are you any relation to Tara P-T the IT Girl? Confused

BTW who is your supplying dealer? 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #147414 Thu Dec 06 2007 5:23pm
IT Lad

VA, I'm the poor relation!!!

Supply Dealer is Guy Salmon Land Rover (Portsmouth)

Post #147422 Thu Dec 06 2007 7:13pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1