RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Australia & New Zealand > The worst decision I have ever made was to buy a Sport !
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

peterjamesbrown

Australia 
The worst decision I have ever made was to buy a Sport !

[b]After 10 months I am handing my Sport back to Alto and can't wait to get shot of the worst car I have ever bought.

So many issues with this car that just made me mad.

This has got to be the worst choice I have ever made and I could not wait to get out of this van. I have lost over 20k AUD and this should indicate how much I just wanted to get out of it.

My main issues where

1. Steering was always sh*t. The vibration that the " Dealer could not replicate". THIS WAS AFTER HE WITNESSED IT HIMSELF ???? was never ever fixed.

2. A high pitch noise . Like a slipping fan belt ever single time I turn a corner. After months of investigation - A standard noise that comes from Dynamic Response was the official line. Total Bullocks. !

Land Rover Australia customer service is utter pish.

finally[b], I ordered the car from ALTO with 20inch Stormers. ALTO have a scam where they provide replica wheels and do not make you aware of this. They trade in my 19inch factory wheels with some local company. The company then put my original wheels on ebay and sell them on. I checked my spare and guess what ?.. It's a 19inch wheel. How can they provide me a car with 20inch replica wheels and not even make sure the spare is the same size. This is typical of how I was treated from day one with ALTO LAND ROVER. If you have bought a car from this garage make sure the rubber is continental. !!

So what's next ?.. Anything but a Land Rover !

[/b][/b]

Post #142286 Sun Oct 21 2007 7:52am
happydays

I'm afraid as usual customer service is the weakest link Sad

Post #142303 Sun Oct 21 2007 9:37am
tf9

Russia 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

ghm... spare wheel is always 19" on rrs. Even for the S\C, which has 20" stock.
It is normal! Many other brands like (VW, Mercedes-Benz, BMW) have the same. 2014 Mercedes-Benz S500
2014 Range Rover Autobiography, Causeway Gray, Ivory/Ebony
2013 BMW 530d
2008 Range Rover Supercharged Vogue S\E, Java Black, Ebony. SOLD
2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Java Black, Ebony. Arden body-kit. SOLD
2005 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 Buckingam blue, Ivory. - SOLD.

Post #142317 Sun Oct 21 2007 11:46am
Endjin

Scotland 

Sorry to hear your woes Peter, But to be fair you really only seem to have had a couple of issues with the actual car, that can happen with ANY manufacturer. Your real issue is with -what sounds like - a crooked dealer! So, it's not the CAR that you hated it's the Dealer. There are always bad eggs that ruin the batch! I assume you have reported this guy directly to Land Rover and to Australia's equivelant of Trading Standards? 2013 Discovery HSE Luxury - 3.0 SDV6 - Santorini Black
2013 Evoque 5 Door Pure Tech SD4 - Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof (Mrs E's new baby)

GONE - RRS - 3.0 TDV6 HSE - Santorini (2010)
GONE - RRS - 2.7 TDV6 HSE - Java Black (2007)
GONE - Porsche Boxster S - 3.2 - Black

Post #142327 Sun Oct 21 2007 12:34pm
rrsjo

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

I had a long list of issues with my car and so I suppose I have the right to reject the car, However I chose to work with the dealer and LR to sort these problems out together. Whilst that will is there on their part I will stand by my decision.

Some of the faults should have been picked up and dealt with during the PDI and my only disappointment with the dealers attitude so far is that they won't even agree to a free first service (which would cost them next to nothing but would make me feel a whole lot bettter about continuing to use them in the future).

So MARSHALL'S OF PETERBOROUGH if you read this, hold your hand up and admit you did not do your job properly at the PDI and which LR and hence I paid for, and show this by offering me a gesture of goodwill by way of the free service. Gone - 2008 TDV8, Stornoway Grey, ebony, zabrano trim, TV, Tasmods, mudflaps.

Post #142372 Sun Oct 21 2007 7:52pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
hartleyhair

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

RRSJO,

I'm getting my third RRS from them in a fortnight's time. I'll be sure to mention it!

HH Driving - TDV8 HSE in Stornaway / Ebony / Brunel
Sold - 56 TDV8 HSE in Java Black EBONY/RHODIUM/PRIVACY GLASS
Sold - 05 TDV6 HSE BONATTI/BLACK/RHODIUM 20''STORMERS, PTI AND FACTORY TINT.

Post #142449 Mon Oct 22 2007 1:40pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

HH you must be the 1st on here to be having their 3rd RRS - hopefully it is because you like it and not because you keep rejecting them.............................. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #142506 Mon Oct 22 2007 6:09pm
peterjamesbrown

Australia 

These are only a couple of issues I had.

Stereo Speakers blown
Knocking Noise - Yes you guessed it - This is normal !!
Interior trim needed to be reinstalled twice
Very poor acceleration - Flat spot was like 3 seconds
Bonnet resprayed ( paint was really bad, I only got the bonnet because I did not want the whole car redone )
Car sometimes does not lock, I get that cheap horn sound. I then need to get back in the car restart the engine and try again. This looks really good next to the bloke in his ML350 !!

Shall I go on ?

Just a very poor car for over 100k AUD.

Post #142513 Mon Oct 22 2007 9:15pm
Phantom

Belgium 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

You sure you didn't get a chinese copy? Wink Mr. Green

Post #142522 Tue Oct 23 2007 6:47am
rrsport2005

2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Atacama Sand

Hi PJBrown,

I have had a RR Sport since they first came out. I had simialr problems and wanted to get rid of my car. It is a heft investment and you just don't want to lose this.

Go to Trivett Landrover in Parramatta - Speak to Peter or Ian form servicing - they are absolute gurus.
Your steering and noise - there was a call back on this and Alto should have advised you, there have been some issues, howeveryour warrantee and these good people shopuld solve most of your woes. Good luck ! GO THE SPORT

Post #146501 Mon Nov 26 2007 12:49pm
nbuyabis

Kuwait 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Zermatt Silver

+1. count me in.

I am a customer trying to find a way out of the mess I have placed my self in by purchasing A range rover sport.

I have taken my car, that exerted certain sounds from the engine and rattling from something within the engine.

As per the warranty, I have taken my car to the dealership in Kuwait. It has been over a week since they have taken my car.

As of this email, no one has contacted me nor informed me of what is going on with it. In addition, I have not been supplied with a replacement car for that purpose.

Every time I call them, “we will check and call you back!” is all I keep on hearing. How much this NEW car has cost me in time and effort.

Please advise if this is something common? Requesting your urgent intervention in getting me an answer and a soloution for this.

** personal info removed **

Post #146677 Wed Nov 28 2007 12:00pm
nbuyabis

Guys,

Is their an entity that is responsible for dealers around the world that you can complain to ? etc

thanks,

Najeeb

Post #146678 Wed Nov 28 2007 12:03pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Uh... Hi Najeeb,

I'm not sure of the problems you're having, but obviously the dealer should be your first port of call. I presume you've been back to the dealer in person to resolve the situation? All the time you are on the end of a telephone they can ignore you.

I have also removed your VIN number etc from your post above - not a good idea to post these on a public forum. Please also note we're not in any way affiliated with Land Rover so won't be undertaking any "urgent intervention" for you, but we'll help with advice where we can Very Happy

If attempting to personally resolve this with your dealer is not getting you anywhere, then the options are:

- have the car taken to another dealer (if there is one in your region)
- email Land Rover Customer Service at lradvice@landrover.com and explain the situation (calmly and as accurately as you can) to them

Let us know how it goes.... Smile 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #146680 Wed Nov 28 2007 12:58pm
nbuyabis

Hi shmoogle, Hi Guys,

Well, to begin with thanks for removing those details Smile a newbies mistake i guess.
The problem started about 10 days ago. Rattling in the engine at third gear and at about 30 KM/H. Also, winding noise - a friend of mine reffered to it as ( a probable power stearing problem).

Sadly, we only have 1 dealership in Kuwait. This morning i have called Landrover UK and they have reffered me to Land rover Middle East. The Ph. number didnt work so i sent them the email above. In a few hours time, i got a call from the Workshop manager here. He mentioned that they are working on it ad took the engine apart but until this point they have not pinpointed the fault.

I was just trying to get some steam out Smile thats all, as i payed great attention to my car. all service done on exact time if not before. Besides, i am sure someone in LR is looking into these forums

thanks again for the help.

Najeeb
----------------
'06 RRS

Post #146696 Wed Nov 28 2007 4:37pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

No problem Najeeb.... and yes, you never know who reads this forum Wink Glad it's getting further Thumbs Up 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #146699 Wed Nov 28 2007 4:55pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>