RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > New Range Rover Sport HSE - New Owner!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>

Chappylad

United Kingdom 
New Range Rover Sport HSE - New Owner!

Hello

I am new to this and I am getting a brand new RRS HSE, Buskingham blue with cream leather next week at a Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, (England) dealership next week. I ordered it two months ago. Not bad!

Any problems with RRS if you know anything?

Thanks

Chappylad

Post #6863 Sat Dec 03 2005 11:02pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Welcome to the forum, Problems? What Problems..... it's perfection!
I'm sure you will find plenty here to keep you reading and your dealer answering your questions for weeks to come.
Enjoy your new car and tell all what your thoughts are after you have had it a couple of days - a picture or 5 is always welcome too, there aren't too many Buckingham Blue RRS's on here 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #6865 Sat Dec 03 2005 11:38pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 
Re: New Range Rover Sport HSE - New Owner!

Chappylad wrote:
Hello

I am new to this and I am getting a brand new RRS HSE, Buskingham blue with cream leather next week at a Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, (England) dealership next week. I ordered it two months ago. Not bad!

Any problems with RRS if you know anything?

Thanks

Chappylad

The only problem is you don't get a RRSport.co.uk sticker as standard. THIS IS A MUST. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #6879 Sun Dec 04 2005 10:08am
keith

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Buckingham Blue

Hi Chappylad,

Welcome to the club.

As a fellow Buckingham Blue with Alpaca owner I can say that you are getting the classiest colour combo. No offence to any other less classy coloured cars.

The blue is very dark, almost black but in the sunshine and when it's clean it looks great. Park it next to a Java Black and you can see that it is definitely blue. Doesn't show the dirt too badly and overall, I'm very pleased with my choice.

I've had absolutely faultless driving for 2 months now. Done about 1700 miles. Had one occasion when a suspension error message came up. Switched off, restarted - message gone. I always wait for the system check to finish before starting the engine - it takes about 4 seconds - just enough time to put the seat belt on.

I have had a recall letter regarding the transmission not engaging the parking brake properly when "P" is selected but I have not had any problem with this. I would imagine that your car won't need this recall.

I wouldn't be put off by all the apparent problems people are having. I think the car is well built, well designed and will be reliable. It is fabulous to drive. I have the 4.4 and once you get past the running in stage and start to use the revs, it is wonderful. It cuises effortlessly, the ACC takes a bit of getting used to but is brilliant. I also have the Adaptive Suspension and it is truely superb. It make the ride a tad firmer but the way it corners has to be felt to be believed. I took it for a trip this weekend and averaged 19.9mpg in complete comfort and style.

Even the concierge at the Balmoral Hotel in Edinburgh was impressed with it.

I hope you like your car when it comes. Let us know how you get on.

Keith 4.4HSE Buckingham Blue
Alpaca Premium Leather, Rhodium
Dynamic Pack, PTI

Post #6930 Mon Dec 05 2005 11:50am
liveseyd

United Kingdom 

Hi Chappylad,

We bought our S/C from Stratstones in Aylesbury a few weeks ago (my fifth RR from them under their various names over the last few years), and so far so good.
Similar prob to Keith with a warning symbol coming up, but disappearing on re-start.
Apart from that, brill car. Just had the headrest screens and 2 DVD players fitted by Edgeworthy's of Aylesbury, and the runner boards/mudflaps which we saw on an S/C at MPH 05 at Earls Court which finished the car off nicely. looking forward to the free half day play on the offroad course near Newton Longville (Milton Keynes).
Good luck with the new car.

David

Post #6986 Tue Dec 06 2005 12:06am
d3matt

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Bonatti Grey

David,

I did my LRE at Milton Keynes. It is *well* worth upgrading to a whole day for £75. This includes a pub lunch. I would of been a bit disappointed with just the morning session. In the afternoon you get to do the real fun stuff and see what these cars can really do.

Matt. Matt
-------------------------------------------
RRS ownership for 1 yr, then D3 for 2 yrs. Then cut back to old bangers and working my way back up through two Peugeots in 6 months. Now got Saab 9-5 2.3t and enjoying the performance!

Post #7006 Tue Dec 06 2005 11:41am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Tim in Scotland

David, the full day upgrade at LRE is the only way to do it!
I did the LRE at Dunkeld on a midweek booking and had the entire place to myself. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #7008 Tue Dec 06 2005 12:01pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

David - I totally agree with the 2 previous posts, do the full day. I did mine at the Ashford LRE. GREAT DAY! Very Happy 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #7009 Tue Dec 06 2005 12:07pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

VA, I am off to Ashford to do mine in January (hoping for some snow/mud/generally useful conditions). I've only ever been to Eastnor Castle before - what did you think of the venue? 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #7012 Tue Dec 06 2005 12:51pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

shmoogle wrote:
VA, I am off to Ashford to do mine in January (hoping for some snow/mud/generally useful conditions). I've only ever been to Eastnor Castle before - what did you think of the venue?

As it's the only LRE I have done I can't judge it by other venues. The morning course is fairly easy but the afternoon part is very muddy and great fun. For lunch avoid the starter and have the main and dessert. The only other thing I can tell you is to do the full day and watch out for the magnetic tree! Razz 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #7014 Tue Dec 06 2005 12:57pm
shmoogle

United Kingdom 

Heh... will do! What's wrong with the starter? 

Post #7016 Tue Dec 06 2005 1:01pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

shmoogle wrote:
Heh... will do! What's wrong with the starter?

Cold meats that are a bit tasteless. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #7018 Tue Dec 06 2005 1:02pm
shmoogle

United Kingdom 

You mean they make jokes about disabled people? Wink 

Post #7020 Tue Dec 06 2005 1:06pm
Tim in Scotland

Very annoyed wrote:
The only other thing I can tell you is to do the full day and watch out for the magnetic tree! Razz

Don't worry about the magnetic tree, it's not your car that you drive round in anyway Laughing You will enjoy the day out even if it is peeing down with rain. Even if you get mud up over the roof (quite possible!) just laugh and remember the instructor gets to wash it all off after you have gone home.

And also try to book in for midweek as there is less likelihood you will have to share the car with somebody else. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Last edited by Tim in Scotland on Tue Dec 06 2005 4:48pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #7034 Tue Dec 06 2005 3:32pm
shmoogle

United Kingdom 

It's a Sat that I'm going but dragging the wife along for sole occupancy purposes! Promise not to drive into any trees or eat any dubious cold meats! Very Happy 

Post #7039 Tue Dec 06 2005 4:23pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>