RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > 2007 Defender Possibility - Advice Req'd.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Rick

Australia 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
2007 Defender Possibility - Advice Req'd.

I'm thinking of handing over the RRS keys to my wife and getting myself a Def 110 (don't laugh). I have always loved the rugged looks of a 110 (you don't care if it gets scratched) and it's storage capacity, but I'm also aware of their 'on road' shortcomings. As I live 5kms from the city centre and only a few minutes from my office is it feasible to be using a 110 primarily for city commuting and/or 'sports activity' pursuits? Granted, it would be the second car, so presumably slightly justifiable on the assumption that, sooner or later, the 110 will actually see some dirt (that's my solemn promise).

Bearing in mind that I'd be retaining the RRS for getting around town with the family, evenings etc does this idea make sense or am I f#%!ing deluded?

Cheers,
Rick TDV6 / Stornoway Grey + Black / Rhodium / Sunroof / Side Steps / DVD / SatNav / 19" Wheels / Bi-Xenon / Premium ICE / Nudge Bar

Post #146421 Sun Nov 25 2007 1:15pm
cowey101

England 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Go for the 110 Rick, obviously you need a second car so why not Thumbs Up Java Black TDV6 HSE - Java Grandes Marques 1/18 - Ducati 749s

Post #146429 Sun Nov 25 2007 3:16pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

You will love it mate! But do you need to have a 110? The 90 is is much better for playing in the dirt with just because it is shorter. Next problem with any Defender is can you get it into the office car park - they are quite high and here in the UK there are many carparks that a Defender cannot get into because of it's height. If you don't mind a bit of discomfort for commuting then go for it, with the Puma engine it is quite a nice car for everyday use as it can keep up with traffic quite easily now 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #146438 Sun Nov 25 2007 6:34pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Martin
Site Administrator & Owner

United Kingdom 

I don't think they get 90's out in Australia Tim, other than a few a couple of years ago?

Could be wrong though! Like this site? Buy some RRSPORT goodies to show your support!

Post #146448 Sun Nov 25 2007 7:49pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Rick

Australia 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Thanks for your encouragement guys.

Tim - as Martin mentions we only get the 110 and 130 in Australia. The 90 was reintroduced about 3 years ago but it just didn't sell. I take your point on the height (hadn't thought of that). Some discomfort driving a few minutes to and from work everyday wouldn't be an issue for me, considering the benefits. I just don't see a downside. Right now I'm thinking "GO!" as I suspect owning both an RRS and a 110 would give me two completely different experiences PLUS my wife will think I'm incredibly selfless and generous to sacrifice my beloved RRS solely for her comfort and protection. Little does she know!

Cheers,
Rick. TDV6 / Stornoway Grey + Black / Rhodium / Sunroof / Side Steps / DVD / SatNav / 19" Wheels / Bi-Xenon / Premium ICE / Nudge Bar

Post #146463 Mon Nov 26 2007 2:27am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1