RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > isofix
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 
isofix

Hi need some advise on the isofix - what seat should I buy etc.etc. It looks a fantastic system and more secure than other children car seats.

PS I know have 3 kids and don't want any more, does anyone know a good surgeon, and does it hurt? Confused Confused Confused That may be more information than is needed! 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #6789 Fri Dec 02 2005 7:04pm
noddy and bigears

England 
surgeon

hanson do a good line of bricks you only need two maybe an enginering grade to avoid breakage :twisted:all joke in the side had it done at the hampshire clinic waited 1 week for appointment bit uncomfortable but no real pain just take a day off

Post #6797 Fri Dec 02 2005 7:28pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 
Re: surgeon

noddy and bigears wrote:
hanson do a good line of bricks you only need two maybe an enginering grade to avoid breakage :twisted:all joke in the side had it done at the hampshire clinic waited 1 week for appointment bit uncomfortable but no real pain just take a day off

My wife recorded a live one on morning TV Shocked Put me right off! 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #6800 Fri Dec 02 2005 7:38pm
noddy and bigears

England 
reversal

if that put you off you dont want to see the reversal process its really not too bad ine was done through one small hole on my right side 15 mins top the strangest bit is when you feel like your peeing when they cut the tubes Laughing its better than having to put him in a little bag

Post #6846 Sat Dec 03 2005 6:48pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

Hi VA

back to topic " ISOFIX "

I had this fitted( option at time ) in my Audis and the seats that you by are Isofix specific. You dont just buy any old seat. They are a fantastic device and make fitting/removing child seats "childs play" ( excuse the pun )

You can get them to cover all ages / sizes

You will also be able to fit your Isofix seat into any other car that has the Isofix system fitted.

As for the other...... just think of Nora Batty whenever you get the urge. Wink 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #6938 Mon Dec 05 2005 12:27pm
d3matt

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Bonatti Grey

Has anyone seen an isofix booster cusion? My daughter has just turned 7 and she has stopped using her Recarro seat (which goes up to 11 years) as it is too 'babyish'. I still insist she uses a booster seat though. However, it moves around and makes the leather dirty. I've been looking for an isofix version, but can't find any. Matt
-------------------------------------------
RRS ownership for 1 yr, then D3 for 2 yrs. Then cut back to old bangers and working my way back up through two Peugeots in 6 months. Now got Saab 9-5 2.3t and enjoying the performance!

Post #6952 Mon Dec 05 2005 1:29pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
Re: isofix

Very annoyed wrote:
PS I know have 3 kids and don't want any more, does anyone know a good surgeon, and does it hurt? Confused Confused Confused That may be more information than is needed!

Link out the safety switch on the micrwave oven, you know its done when you start to feel nice and warm down there Laughing Or you could kneel in front of an RRS with ACC fitted............................ 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Last edited by Tim in Scotland on Tue Dec 06 2005 9:31pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #6954 Mon Dec 05 2005 1:32pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Mosi

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Alaska White

Chaps, Britax do really good ISOFIX seats.

Or at least my two nippers (4 & 1) think so Very Happy 10 Lamborghini LP560-4 Spyder
10 Rangey Sport HSE TdV6 (with Overfinch bling)
10 Audi Q5 2.0Tdi DSG S-Line
No 1 on the list for an Evoque (for wife obviously!)

Post #7156 Tue Dec 06 2005 9:13pm
d3matt

They don't do a booster seat though do they? Well at least their website doesn't show one. Matt
RRS ownership for 1 yr, then D3 for 2 yrs. Then cut back to old bangers and working my way back up through two Peugeots in 6 months. Now got Saab 9-5 2.3t and enjoying the performance!

Post #7199 Tue Dec 06 2005 11:51pm
Mosi

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Alaska White

mpwox11 wrote:
They don't do a booster seat though do they? Well at least their website doesn't show one.

I'm not sure on that one Matt.

I thought booster seats worked off the seatbelt though ?

Therefore ISOFIX would be pointless anyway, as you'd still strap-in with the inertia seatbelt. 10 Lamborghini LP560-4 Spyder
10 Rangey Sport HSE TdV6 (with Overfinch bling)
10 Audi Q5 2.0Tdi DSG S-Line
No 1 on the list for an Evoque (for wife obviously!)

Post #7201 Tue Dec 06 2005 11:53pm
d3matt

Mosi, yes you're correct. But the booster seat moves about when a child is sitting on it (especially on leather seats) and it would make much more sence if the seat could be fixed down, even though the child is restrained by the seatbelt only.
I put a cream coloured (to match the leather) pillow case cover under my daughters booster seat to stop the seat marking the leather and to stop it sliding about too much. It is surprising how dirty the material gets from the movement of the seat. Matt

Post #7204 Wed Dec 07 2005 12:26am
grommet

United States 

I use a small rubber mat under child seats, booster or infant. Keeps it from sliding and damaging the leather. (Booster has a "guide" for the seat belt that prevents some movement while childless.)

By the way, ISOFIX (LATCH) is generally not used beyond 40 lbs. for safety purposes. The "real" belts must be used beyond that.

Post #7206 Wed Dec 07 2005 1:37am
Tim in Scotland

Try some of the non slip white bobbly material fromyacht chandlers and also used as carpet underlay sometimes. I have some in the house that I take out to the ship and can post a photo if you want

Here is the piccy of the grippy stuff

2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Last edited by Tim in Scotland on Wed Dec 07 2005 11:04am. Edited 2 times in total

Post #7215 Wed Dec 07 2005 10:08am
d3matt

Good idea Tim and thanks for the offer. A local 'pound type' shop (you know the type that sells cheap cleaning products, mops, kids toys and greating cards) in the local town sells small rolls of that stuff for only a couple of quid. Matt

Post #7221 Wed Dec 07 2005 10:44am
Tim in Scotland

You can also get it in caravanning and camping shops. I think you can also get it from Lakeland Plastics shops. My parents use it in their mobile home thing to stop cutlery moving round in the drawers and rattling as they drive along holding up the traffic! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #7223 Wed Dec 07 2005 11:06am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1