RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Roading & Green Laning > OFF ROADING IN ARGYLL NOV 24/25 LOCHGILPHEAD
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

BASHER16

Scotland 
OFF ROADING IN ARGYLL NOV 24/25 LOCHGILPHEAD

Possibly a bit too extreme for some of the nicer motors on this site Sad , but the drive has two options for consideration Smile . The first option is for nicer vehicles or possibly first time off road chappies. This two day drive covers different tracks each day. You are guided throughout with one of our Argyll 4x4 forest guides . This drive has some beautifull trails with stunning views. There is a possibility even on this drive of some scratching albeit we try to cut back tree branches on every track used.
The second option is for the more adventurous driver who has no reservations to some possible damage at some stage in the proceedings Rolling Eyes again this is a guided drive so you do not waste time in this huge forest searching for a challenge along the way Thumbs Up
Our helper Tim on this ere site is once again giving us a visit albeit one day only, he has not missed many drives since discovering this gem of an area for off roaders.
The dates for the drive are November 24 /25 , you can drive one day or both days its your choice. If you take part in the Sat drive you can join our night drive which runs from 8.30 untill 10.30 hopefully we will not lose anyone along the way. Anyone wishing any details can contact me on this forum . Cost for the drive one day £25.00 both days £35.00 and an additional £5.00 to join our night drive. All proceeds go to charity and the charity is decided in consulktation with Argyll Forest Enterprise. Thanks for looking IAN aka BASHER Thumbs Up

Post #144514 Wed Nov 07 2007 6:04pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

My 90's shiny new chassis will be getting it's 1st off-road outing. See you there Ian! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #144515 Wed Nov 07 2007 6:14pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BASHER16

Scotland 

Tim in Scotland wrote:
My 90's shiny new chassis will be getting it's 1st off-road outing. See you there Ian!

If you intend helping on our work day Tim Surprised , meet same place and time as usual for a coffee before the rock lugging starts Crying or Very sad . If you can bring the new vehicle it will be great as it looks like it could carry a fair load of rock Big Cry Lovely motor unusual reg Bow down

Bills 90 is still stripped but the box is ready to slot back in, I have done a fair bit of sound deadening for him. Found a few little proibs arond the 90 but have sorted all. It should be a big improvement for him.
IAN Thumbs Up

Post #144522 Wed Nov 07 2007 7:30pm
Tim in Scotland

If I bring my 90 over and leave it with you Basher will you just have a look at it and fix everything you think is wrong? Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Yes I'll see you at the usual place on Friday.
Remember we'll need some extra special scary trails for the SLROC Green lane man............................. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #144528 Wed Nov 07 2007 8:13pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Kaine

United Kingdom 

do you guys do any RRS friendly days at all?

Post #144529 Wed Nov 07 2007 8:17pm
BASHER16

Scotland 

Kaine wrote:
do you guys do any RRS friendly days at all?

Hello...Kaine

We can usually accomodate any type of drive to suit any vehicle.We have recently completed a Drive for Mitsubishi Euro..this was a meeting of dealers from all around the world with the intention of showing the dealers hands on what their vehicles were capable of. The vehicles were all fairly new, two years old for most. We planned our day to suit the vehicles coming along and had no mishaps of any kind.
So it is all dependant on what is suitable for the group, vehicles, and driver experience. We can and do judge this on the day as the vehicles arrive. The forest SORRY FORESTS we use have a superb history and for some drives we visit the more interesting historic parts as part of the day, all only easily reached by 4x4.
To arrange a day for a private group we really need a minimum of ten vehicles to make our travel to and from the forest justifiable. We already run a private day each year to cater for Freelander vehicles only.Accomodation and lunches are also easily arranged

IAN

Last edited by BASHER16 on Wed Nov 07 2007 9:11pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #144535 Wed Nov 07 2007 9:01pm
BASHER16

Scotland 

Tim in Scotland wrote:
If I bring my 90 over and leave it with you Basher will you just have a look at it and fix everything you think is wrong? Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Yes I'll see you at the usual place on Friday.
Remember we'll need some extra special scary trails for the SLROC Green lane man.............................

After your recent vehicle repairs Tim the old 90 should be good for at least one more forest drive before requiring more repair Smile Scarey drive for the SLROC man Shocked I had completely forgotten about his visit Rolling Eyes fear not I have some nice little diversions that should whet his appetite Shocked .Am I not correct in thinking the visit is to look at the suitability for a fairly moderate group

Post #144536 Wed Nov 07 2007 9:08pm
Tim in Scotland

I'm not exactly sure what Graham is looking for in the level of skill - but the days he runs for SLROC are usually very gentle, what might be best is if we have enough cars for 2 groups would be for me to take him with you for part of the day and with the shiny group for the other part. The idea is that he is trying to break away from the 4 routes that the SLROC have been using for the last 20 years that are not full on tyro's or comp-safaris in an attempt to get more folks to bring the family Landy out instead of it languishing on the school run 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #144545 Wed Nov 07 2007 9:36pm
BASHER16

Scotland 

Got your drift Tim....possibly the chappie coming with our Drive would give him the jitters Rolling Eyes . I find it hard not to give the more adventurous lads on our option a bit of a challenge over both days as you well know Twisted Evil .
But if you think he would enjoy seeing what the more adventurous do on the drive Whistle as you rightly say a morning with us followed by a jaunty afternoon with Bill to let him see a more sedate run sounds about right Thumbs Up

Post #144558 Wed Nov 07 2007 11:45pm
Tim in Scotland

He drives a TDi200 powered Classic Rangy LSE as the family car but has a company repmobile as well. At the last SLROC meet he told me that now that they have stopped moving around the UK they don't need a family moving van and he would like to get a Defender................................... so I'm sure that he would be happy to see what the big boys play at as well as what the less adventurous get up to. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #144566 Thu Nov 08 2007 12:15am
BASHER16

Scotland 

[The Forest Drives in Lochgilphead are not easily described. When you say the Big Boys Routes it does conjure up some horrific images. We had a private day for so called experienced Off Roaders about three years back, these guys asked us to take them straight into the hardest tracks. We replied ' ok if you insist' unknown to them we took them to one of our fairly easy trails, to decide what their driving ability was like. The track which we always drive with any group had in the past been driven by a few first time off roaders along with a young lady who had not long bought her vehicle. We did the route in 35 to 40 minutes counting a few little slips but everyone drove superbly. So we took the experienced group into this track , we started at approx 10am and the group were still in there at 12.30am. So summing up the routes for the harder option which My Bashers Groups drive it is not by any means blood and guts off roading, your biggest challenge is staying alert and keeping attention at all times, most tracks are fairly high and slipping off a track will not be life threatening or vehicle damaging but getting back onto the track is always the difficult part , espcially to limit the damage done to the track edges. With our routes the biggest assett is ground clearance with good tyres and good clearance anyone can complete these drives with a little care . I hope this gives everyone some idea of what has to be one of the best Off Roading trails in the WEST OF SCOTLAND without the all to macho image to often displayed on many drives BASH Thumbs Up

Post #144635 Thu Nov 08 2007 5:28pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1