RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Finance & Insurance > Land Rover Feedom APR
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Michaels RRS

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Santorini Black
Land Rover Feedom APR

Hi Guys, I,ve been told from my dealer that the Land Rover Freedom APR is non negotiable, is this true Question
Why does the APR varies between models Exclamation
I am thinking of buying a defender for work (and play)
Thanks
Michael

Post #143057 Sat Oct 27 2007 7:48pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

They release incentives on some vehicles when stocks need clearing..

I.e. 0% deals don't exist.. as who lends money for nothing? where are these funds sourced? if you find out.. let me and all the banks know.. rates between lenders are going up..

See article here which is all relevant to this scenario:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7040061.stm

APR deals/breaks are known as 'subsidised' deals, whereby they discount the vehicle off in reality, and pay off the interest on your behalf, meaning an 'effective' lower APR.

I.e. Suzuki Grand Vitara.. doing deals at 0% recently, however required: nearly 40% deposit up front.
Meaning on a £12k car you'd only be borrowing: £7200 which would carry at worst: around £1800 interest on a standard 8.5% front loaded interest fixed rate lease purchase deal. If you asked for a discount to go on this 0% interest deal, you'd be shown the door. However on ringing around, we managed to source a car for 'cash purchase' for: £10,500 without much problem, meaning the customer could fund the £10,500 on a new car with nothing down via us, and hence achieve a discount off the car, and go into a balanced payments, variable no tie/no early settlement charge/no front loaded interest deal on a balance of £10.5k which Suzuki wouldn't do themselves via their finance arm.

Same as GMAC with Vauxhall recently flogging loads of corsa's and astra's.. and Merc right now offering 5.9% deals on GL and R Class, they can't shift enough of them.. so instead of discounting them off and making a bad impression, they are showing a 'subsidised' APR rate which is all a bit of a gimmick and is headline rate grabbing, which results in paper advertisement sales.. Renault do it annually and discount off cars heavily and clear stock, which is bad for previous brand new buyers as the residuals for their cars drop as a result also.

LR are offering various incentives etc, but the best way of comparing these deals is, look at the overall cost of the car/funds/borrowing over the entire term and ask about the get out clauses/charges if you want to sell the car on after 12 months..

Post #143059 Sat Oct 27 2007 8:15pm
Michaels RRS

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Santorini Black

Thanks KAM, my plan is take out the freedom plan for up to 6 months only, then pay the settlement amount, so the 'loan' is only very short term, with minimum payout in the first 6 months

Post #143062 Sat Oct 27 2007 8:53pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

You be better off on a non front loaded interest, and no early repayment penalty package if thats the case.. check all the details of how they charge you the interest on the freedom plan. They always say that they will refund any interest thats not payable yet, but the way they work it out front loaded on the beggining, means you'll pay more then you need to if you settle early, some packages charge you at least 12 months up front and you won't have paid off the balance much at all. 0% credit card may be better, or a balanced repayment package which would suit this circumstance a lot better..

Post #143186 Sun Oct 28 2007 8:48pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1