RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Dealership Feedback > First Service at LR (Qatar)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

William

Qatar 2007 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Buckingham Blue
First Service at LR (Qatar)

Hi All,

Last week I was due for 1st service at LR in Qatar (after 6 months of use having only 7070 KM on
my odometer). The whole experince was not too bad. They insisted on keeping the car in their
posession for the entire day: 8AM - 3PM

They claimed although the 1st service was a simple Oil + Filter Change, the car would
need to follow a specific QAQC routine and checkups including a test drive by the service
manager to insure proper vehicle operation.

They ended up calling me at like 11AM to say that they discovered that the rubber on
my rear window wiper should be changed. They offered to change it for like $60 (incl. labor).
A complete ripoff to say the least. Surely, I declined Smile

The whole 1st service was free of charge. However, normally Oil + Filter Change will cost smthg
in the range of $200 Shocked during following services.

When asked, they repeated their warning against putting on 22" wheels saying that it will revoke my warranty
on the entire suspension system + brake/ABS and .... (anything that is connected to it Shocked )

When asked, they also warned me against installing aftermarket Overfinch/Brembo calipers saying
it will revoke my warranty (unless they get apporval from LR HQ and are installed by them Shocked)

I was not happy to notice that whomever drove the car, left the inside slightly dirty, changed the seat position
and rear mirror to his liking, obviously enjoyed some indian music, advanced my clock setting by 1 hour,
did not put on any seat covers (probably relying on the fact that I had fitted LR seat covers altready!!.
In adition to many hand prints and oil stains around the car. Which meant hitting the car wash
immediately after service.

William RRS 2007 HSE V8 * Buckingham Blue * Ebony Leather * Cooler Box * Sunroof * Navigation * PTI Bluetooth * Side Steps * Mud Flaps * Body Side Mouldings * V-Kool V70 Heat Insulation Glass Film * Clear Side Repeaters * Color-coded Side Vents + Grille + Door Handles + Door Mirrors * S/C Rear Decals + Door & Steering Emblems * S/C Exhaust Catbacks * Tasmod Sills * Nokia Cradle + Phone * 22" Stormers * 1st Edition Badge Very Happy

New Pics: http://www.rrsport.co.uk/gallery/index.php?cat=11210

Post #142241 Sat Oct 20 2007 1:30pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Sorry to hear your less than satisfactory service William, perhaps you should also post this in the Dealership Feedback section at www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/dealership-feedback-vf12.html so it doesn't get lost in the general posts for anybody else from Qatar who is looking for info on LR Qatar 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #142244 Sat Oct 20 2007 1:36pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Done Very Happy 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #142461 Mon Oct 22 2007 2:46pm
sportman

United Arab Emirates 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Buckingham Blue

My first service took 3 days..and i found my RRS parked outside on direct sun the do not have shaded parking..I do not remeber it it was washed even..but in general was good 2007 Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Buckingham Blue, Ivory converted to HST Silver

SOLD-V8 Defender 90

Post #142629 Wed Oct 24 2007 5:35am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1