RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > My Range Rover Sport > Niggles and fixes
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

Rob_J

England 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

I think dealers are a bit hit or miss, it certainly doesn't go with brand or even branches within the same dealership. In recent years I've been through Mercedes, Porsche & Landrover. With Mercedes I've dealt with 3 branches of the same dealership all within 10 miles of myself. 1, the biggest was worse than useless, another was barely better, the 3rd which happened to be the smallest was absolutely 1st class, probably the best for service & sales I've ever dealt with. Courtesy car (Mercedes of course) no problem, test drive (what version would you like sir, take for the whole day if you like), problem sir? come straight round we'll fix it now & don't worry no charge for that or the parts. Porsche 2 branches of the same group. Bit mixed but overall OK, more incompetent than anything else, but friendly try to help (ace coffee & danishes). Landrover, very good until getting your signature on the dotted line, awful since, and still don't know when I'll get it!!! HSE TD6 (Java Black/Ivory)
911GT3 (Guards Red, carbon interior)
ElanSE (BRG)
Panamera Turbo S
Boxster S

Post #7298 Wed Dec 07 2005 10:36pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I assume being, where you are, that the LR dealer that you use is part of a large multifranchise company then Rob.
The dealer here is still a family run show with franchises for Tata(Indian built cars......), SEAT, MG Rover,Daihatsu cars and Land Rover from the same location. Only the Land Rover end of it has it's own separate and purpose built showroom and service centre on a new site across the lane from the others. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #7300 Wed Dec 07 2005 11:32pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Rob_J

England 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Correct Tim, part of a a pretty big plc, they seem to cover most all brands & have 4 landrover dealerships! HSE TD6 (Java Black/Ivory)
911GT3 (Guards Red, carbon interior)
ElanSE (BRG)
Panamera Turbo S
Boxster S

Post #7310 Thu Dec 08 2005 9:39am
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey
The Saga continues...you would not beleive it

OK, so my car went back to the bodyshop yesterday to have the errant bonnet badge removed and a new one fitted correctly so that the Venture Tape bonnet film can be reapplied (They got the spacing totally wrong last time)

Would you Adam and Eve it, the SAME man fitted another badge incorrectly AGAIN, despite having been given measurements to work to. He is an Arse.

End result being, no film applied and my car needs a 3rd badge replacement next week. Shocked Shocked

I am stunned. When I picked the car up last night one of the Service chaps and I looked at mine and compared it to 3 others on the forecourt, measured all the badges, they were all identical, save mine, which looked very wrong. How hard could it be we thought?

We then looked at the badge packs, to see if they seem complicated to fit, however a child could do it, and we were both amazed this person could get it wrong (This person being Paul Bates, the Bodyshop manager for Larklands Accident Repair Centre)

Gary Phipps, Dealer Principal at Stratstone called me today, he was as exasperated as I was, and apologised once again, and we are arranging for another trial next week, where he says he will PERSONALLY watch the process to ensure it goes as planned. (It's not his fault really but at least he is helping me solve the issue)

Now that's what I call customer service!

Ten out of ten for Gary Phipps Cool

Zero for Paul Bates, who I am surprised can dress himself in the morning. Razz L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #8036 Thu Dec 15 2005 4:50pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Quote:
We then looked at the badge packs, to see if they seem complicated to fit, however a child could do it

Will happily lend you a small child if needed. Choose between 8 years, 6 years or 7 months! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #8040 Thu Dec 15 2005 4:55pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

Very annoyed wrote:
Quote:
We then looked at the badge packs, to see if they seem complicated to fit, however a child could do it

Will happily lend you a small child if needed. Choose between 8 years, 6 years or 7 months! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Ahhh Haaa maybe this is how LR developed the Logic 7 Wink 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #8044 Thu Dec 15 2005 5:20pm
Biggles

England 

MDP wrote:
Very annoyed wrote:
Quote:

Will happily lend you a small child if needed. Choose between 8 years, 6 years or 7 months! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Ahhh Haaa maybe this is how LR developed the Logic 7 Wink

Did you not read LRO magazine, they show a picture of a dummy sat in an actuall sport doing the testing. Shocked Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #8066 Thu Dec 15 2005 6:32pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 
Re: The Saga continues...you would not beleive it

RRUK wrote:
Zero for Paul Bates, who I am surprised can dress himself in the morning. Razz

..and that's being optimistic. Good to see at least the DP has some sense of customer service even if the rest of his staff don't. 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #8073 Thu Dec 15 2005 7:13pm
l

Spain 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

RRUK SOUNDS LIKE MASTER BATES IS ALL OVER THE PLACE Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Crying or Very sad INCREDIBLE RRS TDV6 HSE BUCKINGHAM BLUE BLACK LEATHER INTERIOR RHODIUM TASMOD SILLS PARROT 3000 EVOLUTION WHITE SIDE REPEATERS RRPORT.CO.UK BROLLY & STICKER
HOW GOOD IS THIS CAR!!!!
8 YEARS AND STILL GETTING LOOKS

Post #8088 Thu Dec 15 2005 10:48pm
Bobby

Malaysia 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Chawton White

RRUK wrote:
Zero for Paul Bates, who I am surprised can dress himself in the morning. Razz

Be careful, this fellow might be related to the owner of the original BATES MOTEL .... Malaysia Boleh!
4.2SC Chawton White, Stormers
Tasmod's Sills, Wind Deflectors, LR Sills
Clear Side Repeaters, Towbar
Larini Sports Exhaust, K&N Air Filter

Post #8105 Fri Dec 16 2005 2:19am
RRUK

Finally...

The bonnet badge has been refitted once again today and the Dealer Principal oversaw the whole event himself to ensure it was done correctly.

It now looks as it should.

Thank you Mr Phipps! Wink L319 D4 HSE

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #8533 Wed Dec 21 2005 5:22pm
RRUK

shmoogle wrote:
Good to see at least the DP has some sense of customer service even if the rest of his staff don't.

Shmoogle,

To be fair the bodyshop chap has nothing to do with Stratstones directly, which I think they are probably very glad about.

The Service Team at Stratstones are very good and attentive. Building a good relationship with them is key I think to ensuring you get things done along the way. Would YOU go the extra mile for the most annoying, whinging customer of yours compared to the ones that remember your name and are polite and grateful? L319 D4 HSE

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #8535 Wed Dec 21 2005 5:25pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Fair point! Smile It all sounds a little too familiar to me, especially when connected with the muddy name of Stratstones. The wife's Freelander comes from Stratstones of Mayfair and their service/bodyshop staff really do leave a lot to be desired. They'll overcharge you for your service, never do what they say they are going to do and then (totally inexplicably) send your service book to some bloke that lives in Southampton!

I appreciate staff across all the Stratstones franchises will be different but you wouldn't get me going near them again if you paid me. A case of once bitten, twice shy I'm afraid. In fact, my broker no longer deals with them as we're one a long string of his customers that have complained about how crap they are. Glad to hear you are all sorted though, at long last! Very Happy 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #8543 Wed Dec 21 2005 5:56pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12