RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Which model?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123

Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I have no view on emissions..................... when you think that what my ship puts out in a single day it makes what all the cars on the UK put out in a single day look insignificant. It is reckoned that one of our ships puts about 30 tonnes of particulate a day alone................. and we have nearly 500 ships in our fleet alone! Just think about this - if we were to discharge all of the cargo from my ship at Felixstowe it would need 9000 lorries to move the lot. Fortunately a lot of it doesn't get off in one port, and a lot of what gets off in Felixstowe gets onto a train or even another ship for transport round the country. I don't really let the emissions from my RRS worry me, so long as people want exoctic foods from the Far east and cheap tat made in China we will have big box ships belching out loads of emissions. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #141251 Thu Oct 11 2007 6:47pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Alicatt

Belgium 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Buckingham Blue

gazza500 wrote:
Hey Alicatt, it's surprising how much juice the RRS uses in a month of stop start motoring, but even here with an average speed of only 16 some odd MPH, she still returns 20.2 MPG. That said I have to fill up twice a month Big Cry

Are you in the same business, we are looking for resellers!

It is the stop start that kills it, planning on going down to the Alps this weekend and try some of the mountain passes before they close for the winter, I'll see what the mpg is like after climbing to 2700m Smile

I was in the same business, I done the survey for the cameras in St. Hellier for Thorn Security back in the 90s. now i live in a country that dosnt use CCTV evidence in court. I've retired from that and now am the evil landlord Thumbs Up and it is time for some evictions tomorrow Shocked Sons of dogs come hither and get flesh
Clan Cameron

Post #141254 Thu Oct 11 2007 7:22pm
Josh

United Kingdom 
Re: Which model?

Chuck wrote:
First post so a big hello to everyone.

I'm looking to get a RRS but need help on the engine, TDV8 or V8SC?

I've never been a fan of diesels but the looking at residuals the TDV8 looks better.

Any idea which direction to take?

TDV8....it's only fractionally slower than a SC. Hold its value better than a SC. Mpg wise with the TDV8, if you drive like a Nun, which you are unlikely to do after the first 500 miles of gentle running in, then 26 - 30 is acheivable.
The problem is after that when you realise what fun you can have with a diesel.... Wink It will fall to more like 18 - 25.
Which is heaps better than an SC with 8 - 12 mpg on a good day with a following wind and downhill Rolling with laughter

As for slow pick up on take off from sandstill. I find if you slip it over into sport mode its not a problem Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Having had a TDV6 as well, it is heaps better than a TDV6 even when chipped. Wink TDV6 - gone
TDV8 - gone
Audi Q5 3.0 Tdi Sline wef 6/11/10

Post #141255 Thu Oct 11 2007 7:57pm
Kaine

United Kingdom 

SC sounds better Whistle

Post #141268 Thu Oct 11 2007 9:22pm
Kaine

United Kingdom 

Tim in Scotland wrote:
................ when you think that what my ship puts out in a single day it makes what all the cars on the UK put out in a single day look insignificant.

thats what I was expecting you'd say. its good to hear things like this to keep the perspective sometimes

Post #141269 Thu Oct 11 2007 9:24pm
billwong

Canada 2007 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Java Black

Another consideration is the cost of service. The Brembo brakes can be very costly to service. I'm not sure what's on the TDV8, but here in Canada, the SC has Brembo, and the HSE doesn't (the Turbo Diesels are not available here). My dealer laid out clearly what I can expect in service between the SC and HSE.

As well, the type of tire may make a difference. In Canada, the SC 20" Continentals can be disastrous in our winters. The all-season on the 19" can handle winters in the "warmer" parts of Canada, otherwise, I would consider getting winter tires/wheels. You should factor in this cost as well.

I have an HSE, 4.4 L V8. I average about 18-19 mpg in mixed hwy/street driving. I also have 20" wheels with the performance Continentals. I switch back to the 19" with all-season tires in the winter. Range Rover Sport HSE
Land Rover LR3 HSE

Post #141277 Fri Oct 12 2007 3:40am
BoatMad

Ireland 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

TDV8 get it chipped, SC performance at TD mileage

I get an overall average of 23.6 from teh TDV8 and I drive it fast! and hard

dave RRS HSE TDV8 Java black/Ebony interior, mud flaps,20" stormers, towing, roofrack,sunroof,cooler V8 Tasmods Sills,black badges, carstyling java black vents
Previously FFRR TD6 Metallic Grey

Post #141834 Tue Oct 16 2007 1:38pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123