RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > What noise does your front suspension make?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

bermyandy

2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Zermatt Silver
What noise does your front suspension make?

Really trying to pay attention to everything about the car given the 30 day period as feel will be best time to get little things sorted out for free

Now, does your front end creak at all, or is it a smooth movement? If you are crawling along slowly and tap the brakes, does your front end make any noise at all?!

Post #138797 Fri Sep 21 2007 3:33pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Creaking.... or..... *drumroll* KNOCKING? Shocked 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #138800 Fri Sep 21 2007 3:36pm
bermyandy

its a creak - awaiting the knock with baited breath, upon which i will denounce the marque and claim my desire to be old and drive a mercedes

Post #138830 Fri Sep 21 2007 5:16pm
TB

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Arctic Frost

Sounds like you could have a noisy front suspension damper.

This was a common problem a while ago and is easily fixed by a quick visit to your local stealer. Arctic Frost TDV6 SE. Aspen Leather, Cherry Wood, Privacy Glass, PTI, Tow Pack, Mudflaps, Tasmods, a new Fuelflap, a RRSport.co.uk umbrella in the boot & a RRSport.co.uk sticker on the rear glass.

Some people accuse me of thinking the world revolves around me, but I'm not stupid . . . I know it revolves around the sun. Which shines out of my @rse!!!

Post #138895 Fri Sep 21 2007 9:05pm
bermyandy

really creaking right now. Back in next week to dealer but ok to drive on in th emean time?

Post #138993 Sat Sep 22 2007 5:47pm
rrsjo

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

OK TB, try this one.

On a TDV8, what is the rapid loud series of clicks (almost like a wood pecker) followed by an on/off humming noise and coming from under the car when the suspension is lowered into access mode and then switched off? Dealer says other TDV8's do it but he does not know what it is. Any ideas Question

Post #139015 Sat Sep 22 2007 10:33pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Kaine

United Kingdom 

the creak is no problem and is fixed easily - you can drive it with no concern - just pop into your dealer and they will sort it.

Post #139027 Sat Sep 22 2007 11:36pm
Josh

United Kingdom 

rrsjo wrote:
OK TB, try this one.

On a TDV8, what is the rapid loud series of clicks (almost like a wood pecker) followed by an on/off humming noise and coming from under the car when the suspension is lowered into access mode and then switched off? Dealer says other TDV8's do it but he does not know what it is. Any ideas Question

The humming noise you get after you have stopped the engine is normal on a lot of cars including Merc sports cars.
Basically as I understand it from the Merc engineer when I had a panic over this noise 3 years ago, the car is adjusting a number of settings on its own and thats what that noise is. Its normal and nothing to worry about. Stops after a few minutes when the computor turns its self off. Hence why these cars do not like a flat battery. TDV6 - gone
TDV8 - gone
Audi Q5 3.0 Tdi Sline wef 6/11/10

Post #139062 Sun Sep 23 2007 6:49pm
TB

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Arctic Frost

rrsjo wrote:
OK TB, try this one.

Sorry, I haven't come across this type of noise before so I can't really offer any advice.

I would guess that it could be some kind of vent or release valve from the air suspension system. But as far as I know the suspension on your TDV8 is exactly the same system as on the TDV6 and petrol derivatives. So your dealer could be feeding you a line. It definately shouldn't be ignored or fobbed off by your dealership, the noise shouldn't be there so they need to investigate and repair as soon as possible.

Let us know how you get on. Arctic Frost TDV6 SE. Aspen Leather, Cherry Wood, Privacy Glass, PTI, Tow Pack, Mudflaps, Tasmods, a new Fuelflap, a RRSport.co.uk umbrella in the boot & a RRSport.co.uk sticker on the rear glass.

Some people accuse me of thinking the world revolves around me, but I'm not stupid . . . I know it revolves around the sun. Which shines out of my @rse!!!

Post #139063 Sun Sep 23 2007 6:55pm
Josh

United Kingdom 

TB,

That humming noise on engine turn off was there on my Merc, TDV6 and is on my TDV8. If you walk away a little slower I'm sure you'll hear it Wink TDV6 - gone
TDV8 - gone
Audi Q5 3.0 Tdi Sline wef 6/11/10

Post #139065 Sun Sep 23 2007 6:59pm
rrsjo

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

Thanks for your reply TB. I will wait for my dealer to come back to me, as promised, when they have spoken to LR Monday. The car has already, at 3 weeks old, been back to them to fix numerous faults that should have been picked up at both the factory and PDI. I won't list them here but suffice to say, if many more things surface or if they are not soon put right to my satisfaction, I will reject the car. I am reluctant to do this as I had to wait 9 months for it and also I don't know what I would replace it with. Are LR under instruction from Ford to bang out as many as they can with disregard for quality and the reputation of the marque, now it is up for sale?

Post #139067 Sun Sep 23 2007 7:47pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1