RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Sat nav Screen Staying On
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

MDP

United Kingdom 
Sat nav Screen Staying On

My wife had the car Saturday night ( obvious reasons ) and she found the screen had stayed on? she couldnt get it to turn off?

I have just been out to the car opened front passenger door , then a rear . Then shut them all locked car/alarm. aha ... screen stuck on Confused pressed alarm lock again.... nothing... still on ... waited a long time ... still on?

So, opened up put key in ignition, wait for BONG, turned off again... and locked up ... IT NOW TURNED OFF.

This car has def got some odd gremlins Evil or Very Mad 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #6193 Mon Nov 28 2005 6:50pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

The screen stays on in mine for a while after I've locked up - I think it takes about 60 secs to turn off although I've not counted. If you remain inside the car after turning the engine off and removing the key, that 60 secs is accompanied by various electronic noises - motors whirring, relays clicking etc. I guess it's the car shutting itself down. 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #6194 Mon Nov 28 2005 6:55pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

I'll monitor it, and also try various opening/shutting sequences - and time the turn off period. Again this seems to have been intermitent as Anne said it was on for hours and when I came to start the car on Sunday the screen was very dim and in some sort of low power mode?

Dont you just love technology. 

Post #6196 Mon Nov 28 2005 6:58pm
d3matt

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Bonatti Grey

Maybe Land Rover use Microsoft o/s in their cars. That would explain the long boot up 'bong' and the gremlins. Should be Linux! Laughing Matt
-------------------------------------------
RRS ownership for 1 yr, then D3 for 2 yrs. Then cut back to old bangers and working my way back up through two Peugeots in 6 months. Now got Saab 9-5 2.3t and enjoying the performance!

Post #6197 Mon Nov 28 2005 7:01pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Would LR supply the leather elbow patches for you to wear whilst using it or would you have to supply those yourself? Wink 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #6198 Mon Nov 28 2005 7:13pm
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey

I have never waited long enough with the car to see if it does this or not, I lock it and then press the garage door close button and go inside..I am not a garage lurker....

Your car will think you are spying on it...if you lose the trust between you, it's all downhill from there on in.... L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #6203 Mon Nov 28 2005 8:09pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

And for gawd's sake never let it know you are thinking of selling it............ the only breakdown I've ever had in a Landy was after I had cleaned it all up and made it look smart prior to taking it into the dealer to hand over for a new car!
Dammed thing must have realised something was up and parted an auxillary belt 10 miles from the showroom and had to be towed into the delearship. That was the TD5 Disco2, not renowned as one of Land Rover's most reliable engines, but mine managed to last 3 years before throwing in the towel on the last drive. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #6205 Mon Nov 28 2005 8:16pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
MDP

United Kingdom 

Again today - went out to car opened up - went in via rear nearside door to get something - relocked. Guess what 5mins later the screen is still on.

I will try a few diff things. At the moment I am switching the sat nav monitor off once I get going ( I know my way to work - all of 1 mile ) So I wonder if its this - or that I have opened this particular rear door that may be causing an error??? I dont know!

Will play around with it later tonight. 

Post #6319 Tue Nov 29 2005 5:50pm
umbertob

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Chawton White

MDP, this issue may actually be covered in the same GTR / Technical Bulletin addressing poor stereo performance which I posted on the gallery a few days back. I was printing out this bulletin to take it with me tomorrow for my scheduled 7500 miles service (so they can also check if there is something wrong with the poor sound from my HK Logic7 system when playing 2-channel audio), and noticed it also mentions frozen nav / Land Rover logo screen among the possible symptoms requiring an infotainment "hard reset and software upload". Check it out (page 3):

http://www.rrsport.co.uk/gallery/albums/us...ereoBS.pdf 

Post #6807 Sat Dec 03 2005 1:34am
BIG BAD RANGE

England 

Just been out to my Range SC to get a coat from rear seat closed the door and locked it with remote and noticed the SAT NAV screen and stereo screen stays on and on and on Confused This can not be right.

If you place the key in the ignition BONG then lock the car they both go our after 30 sec approx.

Any one got any clues what to do Question

Post #6852 Sat Dec 03 2005 8:12pm
Tim in Scotland

I think you find it seems like ages, but in fact it is only something like 90 secs, about as long as it takes for the light your path headlights and the alarm/ immobiliser to activate 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #6853 Sat Dec 03 2005 8:17pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

I have just gone out to car opened back door - then shut it alamed etc at 11.04.................

Will go and have a look later..... at 11.30 ( see whats happened ) ? 

Post #6932 Mon Dec 05 2005 12:06pm
Tim in Scotland

12:36 So??????? 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Last edited by Tim in Scotland on Mon Dec 05 2005 1:44pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #6955 Mon Dec 05 2005 1:37pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

Sorry about that ( where does time go ) 12.40 ITS GONE OFF ......phew Very Happy

So, now need to monitor time take to switch off 

Post #6956 Mon Dec 05 2005 1:41pm
umbertob

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Chawton White

Wanna borrow my sleeping bag tonight? 

Post #6961 Mon Dec 05 2005 2:54pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>